Team For Stirling

Big Col

For me, no changes from last week. Go with the old saying - don't change a winning team (providing they are all injury free obviously).

Saw in last night's ET that Rowson is now fit again but for me he should not just walk back into the starting 11. And who would he replace anyway? Bench at best. I know Liam scored a load earlier in week for reserves but I would still keep him as sub - not fully fit yet I don't think.

Thoughts?

Rowson gets up the park a bit better than Jackie but if he's not 100% fit I'd keep McNamara in. Not over concerned whether Doolan or Buchanan starts as no doubt whoever is on the bench will get a decent run out. In saying that I'm assuming Hardie will play up front.

The way we're set up requires a hell of a shift from the two non defensive midfielders. Flannigan puts in the mileage but he ain't the combative type so it's all down to Cairney to get tore in. I think if Paul C struggles the whole team will struggle. I'd like to see Jaimie Campbell on the bench. I think he's physical enough to come on for Cairney but can also play wider and maybe replace Flannigan. Jaimie might be a better option than Erskine.

Rowson gets up the park a bit better than Jackie but if he's not 100% fit I'd keep McNamara in. Not over concerned whether Doolan or Buchanan starts as no doubt whoever is on the bench will get a decent run out. In saying that I'm assuming Hardie will play up front.

The way we're set up requires a hell of a shift from the two non defensive midfielders. Flannigan puts in the mileage but he ain't the combative type so it's all down to Cairney to get tore in. I think if Paul C struggles the whole team will struggle. I'd like to see Jaimie Campbell on the bench. I think he's physical enough to come on for Cairney but can also play wider and maybe replace Flannigan. Jaimie might be a better option than Erskine.

I don`t think Rowson should come back in to the team,for me it`s no coincedence that our recent return to form has been a result of Rowson being out of the team,other than braking up the opposition attacks he brings nothing positive to the team,he can`t pass or shoot and with us now playing five at the back we need players who are a bit more creative in midfield.

We were out the traps quickly on Saturday and first half, we were a pretty solid team - solid at the back, solid in midfield and much improved up front. We should start with the same team, hope we've build up a two goal lead by the time we are substituting Hardie and hopefully it wont have as big an effect as it did on Saturday. I know he scored recently against RC, but IMO Erskine should not even be taking up space on the bench.

A thistle win, coninuing our winning run.

Yes, I am drinking.

Early optimism here but I feel 10-12 points from the next 4 games is do-able. This would be a huge boost to our season and go some way to making up for that horrendous run of results against the same teams we are about to face.

No changes from last week for me, I'd start same again.

Edited by cjptfc

Early optimism here but I feel 10-12 points from the next 4 games is do-able. This would be a huge boost to our season and go some way to making up for that horrendous run of results against the same teams we are about to face.

No changes from last week for me, I'd start same again.

How much pish did I talk there!!!!!!

Last year when we played the 3-5-2 formation (& also the season before), we played with, for example, Rowson, Cairney/Hodge, Cairney/McKeown/Chaplain. With McKeown/Chaplain being the attacking midfielder, helping to create chances, score goals & create abit more space for the strikers. This season we've not had that once, it's always involved a sweeper AND a defensive midfielder, which is just not needed.

Edited by 1 John Lambie