Club Response To Question Re. Admin Rumours

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of the speculation surrounding the Club at the moment.

David Beattie has responded to the “rumours” in this week’s programme.

Please rest assured his page in the programme will clear the whole situation up."

I look forward to reading Mr Beattie's piece. Thumbs up to the club for responding to me.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

David Beattie has responded to the “rumours” in this week’s programme.

Please rest assured his page in the programme will clear the whole situation up."

I look forward to reading Mr Beattie's piece. Thumbs up to the club for responding to me.

I got pretty much the same response:

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your email.

David Beattie has responded to the "rumours" in this week's programme.

Please rest assured his page in the programme will clear the whole situation up.

Thanks,

Ami

Again well done to Ami and the club for the very quick response

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/november_2010/message_from_the_boardroom_13_11_10

Not quite the complete denial regarding administration that I was hoping for, interesting stuff relating to the Trust & fans' representation. Hopefully there will be a lot of e-mails sent as there have been some very impressive posts on this subject from a number of people here recently.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...rdroom_13_11_10

Not quite the complete denial regarding administration that I was hoping for, interesting stuff relating to the Trust & fans' representation. Hopefully there will be a lot of e-mails sent as there have been some very impressive posts on this subject from a number of people here recently.

Beattie's comments were totally realistic and refreshingly honest. The bank will have a huge say on our future. At least he is willing to correspond with the supporters via email. I am much more optimistic than I was a few months ago.

We now know our financial position - £700k in debt after the PropCo deal. The only way to make the club financially viable in the longer term is for the shareholders to dilute their shareholdings via a rights issue. They will have to take a substantial hit to attract new investors in these difficult times. A good cup run would help enormously too.

Beattie's comments were totally realistic and refreshingly honest. The bank will have a huge say on our future. At least he is willing to correspond with the supporters via email. I am much more optimistic than I was a few months ago.

We now know our financial position - £700k in debt after the PropCo deal. The only way to make the club financially viable in the longer term is for the shareholders to dilute their shareholdings via a rights issue. They will have to take a substantial hit to attract new investors in these difficult times. A good cup run would help enormously too.

The only part of the statement I was concerned about was in regards to the prospect of going into administration when he said "...at this time there are no plans..." - I would have been a lot happier if the words in bold had been absent. I agree with the other points you make though.

The thing to remember about a share issue is that, actually, very few shares are held by the current board. The large shareholdings (EP, NS, TH, BM, JT) are all off the board. Beattie owns a sizeable shareholding, but Allan's money's in PropCo. A share issue might actually kill two birds with one stone if it is seen to dilute the shareholding of those not on the board.

The thing to remember about a share issue is that, actually, very few shares are held by the current board. The large shareholdings (EP, NS, TH, BM, JT) are all off the board. Beattie owns a sizeable shareholding, but Allan's money's in PropCo. A share issue might actually kill two birds with one stone if it is seen to dilute the shareholding of those not on the board.

:thinking:

The only part of the statement I was concerned about was in regards to the prospect of going into administration when he said "...at this time there are no plans..." - I would have been a lot happier if the words in bold had been absent. I agree with the other points you make though.

I'm more concerned about the reference to plans - surely no business plans to go into administration...unless the plan was part of an asset-stripping scheme. I would have been more re-assured if he had said that there was no imminent threat of administration.