Partick Thistle Supporters Associations

jags365

2 good guys in PD and Doug on there , quite happy to see that they are involved.

and I'm happy that you're happy, Junior, and I don't mean that to sound sarcastic. You, like a few others had our support when you were on the Trust Board. Didn't question your judgement then so I won't now. Hopefully PD & Doug will serve us proud during their short stint.

No disrespect to the people who have stepped up this time around. I'm sure they'll do the very best they can under the circumstances.

But we again find ourselves with a JTB made up entirely of people elected unopposed and the friends they have invited on to fill up the empty spaces. And there is a nominee for a place on the club board who didn't even stand for the post when nominations were invited.

Are these people to blame for this? I don't agree with their approach to things, but no they're not. The blame lies with everyone else who has walked away in frustration (I'm in that group), or signed up but shown no interest in getting involved, or never bothered to sign up at all. Or those who say they don't understand what the Trust is about. if you can understand Championship Manager, you can definitely get your head round the Trust, it's just that you don't want to and people should be honest about that.

You cannot be represented if you're not prepared to participate in the process and our fans have shown over the years that participating in the process is a bit more than they are prepared to do. So representation is impossible and complaining about the lack of quality of the representation is deluded. And every email to David Beattie that fails to come up with a way to motivate people to get involved is not talking about a fan's representative, but merely an appointee acceptable to the club.

Very sad to a minority, but all the evidence is that this is what the bulk of the fans want, so maybe it's a happy outcome after all.

The people who resigned should eat more humble pie over this, and do a bit of flagellation. If you walk away, the remaining members can just appoint who they feel like? Sheesh, that's brilliant that is.

Hmmm... I agree to a certain extent, but Double Ugly's post has got it spot on. When I stood for election last year, it was unopposed, so I was self appointed and that's not too different to what has happened here. As a body of supporters, we get what we deserve.

I think the difference here is that the newly appointed members can only be in their position until the next set of elections, be the in June/July or before.

Obviously at that point they can then stand for election, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

The people who resigned should eat more humble pie over this, and do a bit of flagellation. If you walk away, the remaining members can just appoint who they feel like? Sheesh, that's brilliant that is.

I don't think so.

The people who have resigned have by and large done so because they were hitting their heads against a brick wall. The problem to me is the people still on the trust which is why it saddens me that they are essentially being propped up by the new people.

The fundamental issue has been there for years. Even the last time the Trust had an actual election all those who stood, with the exception of TNBT who stood on a "no board rep" ticket for the Board Rep position, were elected effectively by default. If you want accountability and a mandate that the supporters can get behind, you need the supporters either to get behind what's there or stand up and offer an alternative.

I'm not that convinced that elections are necessarily the best way of getting the best people and ideas into the right positions, but in so far as it's the set of cards the supporters have been dealt, sham elections command no more confidence in the Supporters Association than appointments. These ones are also temporary and I wish those who have stepped up to the plate all the best, but I would hope that if the Trust is to salvage anything from its current predicament, it does so by putting the wider fanbase back at the heart of its purpose and fighting the apathy that's spreading and growing roots in the Jackie Husband Stand.