Game Off

shed76

McCall said it is the right decision but said it should have been called off at 11. Seems like it was a local ref that said game on.

At the risk of being called overly cynical or, heaven forbid, paranoid, I wonder how much pressure Falkirk put on the local ref to have the game played. They're another club seemingly face with growiung cashflow worries.

At the risk of being called overly cynical or, heaven forbid, paranoid, I wonder how much pressure Falkirk put on the local ref to have the game played. They're another club seemingly face with growiung cashflow worries.

McCall said something very similar. He mentioned about half a dozen Falkirk officials being with the ref when he did his 11am inspection.

Bloody joke, I knew there was something wrong when it took the ref some 45mins to make a decision. He clearly had doubts but decided to pass it, no doubt because he was being hounded by falkirk officials.

Thankfully I had the radio on & heard that it was postponed & could turn back, but people who got bus/train or who maybe live further away than I do will have already been there. Joke.

Raging at this :mad2: . Local ref Finnie is either late for the inspection or takes about 45mins to make the wrong effin' decision,

I was parked up not far from the ground and the pavements were atrocious. I was lucky meeting Tom & Robt Reid with the news when I did or I'd be even more angry. Thanks Tom :thumbsup2: .

Match ref was from Stonehaven! Who in their right minds arranges for a ref from Grampian area for a game in the Central Belt? So many games postponed in the area yet we've got one doing a 170 odd mile round trip.

I heard the Stenny match was postponed earlier and couldn't figure out how a game on a plastic pitch was off yet a game on grass was on a couple of miles away. Oh, but of course Falkirk have under soil heating. :thumbdown:

Oh, but of course Falkirk have under soil heating. :thumbdown:

Undersoil heating that covers only 90% of their ground apparently. What is the point in that????

I've no sympathy with Falkirk for losing out on revenue. I've 100% sympathy with the supporters (especially our ones) who have shelled out good money to get to Falkirk today.

******' pricks.

Just spent a wad on petrol and the games off. Falkirk bitching about the refs is a bloody cheek, they had PLENTY of chances to call this off.

Unless Falkirk want to subsidise entry and travel for fans they can get tae ****. **** supporting the team, I'm keeping by my principles for once and at the end of the day, its a 11 v 11 on a green rectangle and fans don't score goals.

******' pricks.

Just spent a wad on petrol and the games off. Falkirk bitching about the refs is a bloody cheek, they had PLENTY of chances to call this off.

Unless Falkirk want to subsidise entry and travel for fans they can get tae ****. **** supporting the team, I'm keeping by my principles for once and at the end of the day, its a 11 v 11 on a green rectangle and fans don't score goals.

The bit in bold is the crucial point here. As has been suggested (and virtually conformed by McCall on SportSound), Falkirk had officials putting pressure on the local ref to say game on. The match ref arrives and comes to the decision that should have been made in the first place.

I hope they lose a packet for this.

And also £4 for parking!!!

That's outrageous! I detest clubs who charge for parking

There are plenty places to park in that area, the industial estate behind the ground being the best one for away fans. Otherwise, there is plenty parking around the college but that is used more for home supporters.

Edited by GrantB

We were turning to go somewhere else when radio said game off. Is it any wonder attendances are falling across the country when fans are treated and expected to put up with this

Exactly. I'm glad you didn't pay.

I make it a one man mission to get info out to Jags fan about where to park in Livingston to avoid the car parking charges. It's ironic that a town than has so many free parking spaces for shoppers try to rip off football fans.

Reminds me of when we were due to play Dunfermline at Firhill and the game was called off just before 2 after saying it was on.

Talking about Dunfermline they halved their parking to a pound on Tuesday night and I was happy to pay it as it saved you walking any further over the ice rink that was at the back of the park.

As for the game being off today, I live just outside Falkirk and I have already posted that I didn't think this game would be on. Even so I had left to meet people who were travelling from further away when I heard the game was off. Its an absolute disgrace, to hell with the supporters its all about money for these clubs now. They wanted the game on today to help the cash flow and it justified the cost of switching on the USG. On Tuesday they were happy enough against RR to cancel the game early as the crowd wouldn't have justified the USG being on, although they claim it was. I am not unhappy that they have lost even more money, I am just unhappy that our supporters have.

The cheats have just gone two up the little ***** they can't afford has just score, just a shame we can't afford him.

I was lucky meeting Tom & Robt Reid with the news when I did or I'd be even more angry. Thanks Tom :thumbsup2: .

Glad we saw you.

Arrived just as the game was called off. Managed to talk the Falkirk office staff into allowing me to use one of their PCs to update our website, Though at just after 2pm I doubt that was of much use to people. Spent the next 20 minutes or so trying to text as many people as I could. Again, I doubt that was of any use to anyone.