Spl Table At The Moment

Jaggernaut

I'd rather see Hamilton down, I think they'd struggle to challenge for the 1st division title whereas Hibs will throw money at getting back up at the first time of asking.

would there be promotion at all if the 10/12 SPL set up goes ahead season after next? that would mean three teams dropping out of the SPL to create a 10 team SPL1, no?

I'm firmly in the ABH (Anyone But Hamilton) camp when it comes to relegation from the SPL. They offer nothing in terms of support home or away and NDP is a pretty rotten place to visit with argueably the worst pies in Scotland.

Give me Hibs or St Mirren any day.

If I had to choose I would go for Hibs, with 1 promotion place there is no guarantee they would go back up, they would bring plenty of fans through to us and days out in the capital are always good.

Edited to add that Hibs going down, and hopefully staying down, would hopefully encourage a more in depth look at league reconstruction and could add weight to the idea of a bigger league.

Edited by uberteeb

I'm firmly in the ABH (Anyone But Hamilton) camp when it comes to relegation from the SPL. They offer nothing in terms of support home or away and NDP is a pretty rotten place to visit with argueably the worst pies in Scotland.

Give me Hibs or St Mirren any day.

If I had to choose I would go for Hibs, with 1 promotion place there is no guarantee they would go back up, they would bring plenty of fans through to us and days out in the capital are always good.

Edited to add that Hibs going down, and hopefully staying down, would hopefully encourage a more in depth look at league reconstruction and could add weight to the idea of a bigger league.

Just about everything I wanted to say about this here.

On the plus side, NDP has a train station virtually right beside it and you can get a train straight through from the west end. :)

Agreed.

However, they'd probably just switch it back to 12 to squeeze them back in.

Selfserving Pretentious Lamebrains

While Hibs going down would be funny, it would be a total nightmare for us as they would be able to buy their way out of the league quite easily.

This sort of thing makes me despair. Are you honestly saying you'd rather have 4 games against Hamilton or St Mirren, who we must have played about 200 times each in the last decade? We're not going to be promotion contenders as we're in transition and have no money, and the prospect of two days out in the capital is a pretty good one as opposed to two in either Paisly or Hamilton. A complete lack of interest and overwhelmoing apathy is crippling Scottish football - Hibs in the first wouldn't change the big picture, but it might add some interest in amongst another 7 games against Falkirk, and they would bring a healthy support to Firhill. Yes, they would probably be more likely to beat us that Hamilton, but to be honest given the way things are just now I'm sure I really care. Hibs down now!

This sort of thing makes me despair. Are you honestly saying you'd rather have 4 games against Hamilton or St Mirren, who we must have played about 200 times each in the last decade? We're not going to be promotion contenders as we're in transition and have no money, and the prospect of two days out in the capital is a pretty good one as opposed to two in either Paisly or Hamilton. A complete lack of interest and overwhelmoing apathy is crippling Scottish football - Hibs in the first wouldn't change the big picture, but it might add some interest in amongst another 7 games against Falkirk, and they would bring a healthy support to Firhill. Yes, they would probably be more likely to beat us that Hamilton, but to be honest given the way things are just now I'm sure I really care. Hibs down now!

I'd rather see a Partick Thistle side compete at the top of the league with a chance of promotion. I don't mind who we play to achieve this.

I'm basing what I said on the last time Hibs went down. They won the 1st at a canter and when you have a club with over 10,000 season ticket holders in our league, it is easy to see that they would have the financial clout to outmuscle anyone currently in the 1st over the course of a season.

The biggest problem, of course, is the size of the leagues. Playing teams like Falkirk 7 times in a season is a shocking state of affairs.