Official Site - An Apology

Tom Hosie

The initial word from St Johnstone was a 2nd inspection at 11am but that informaton was quickly followed by game off.

Site crashed before I could update with the news that the game was in fact off. I guess the site crashed due to the volume of hits, and that is something that perhaps needs to be looked at but I'm not of a technical mind.

I can only apologise to people trying to access it this morning.

• Members

Tom, the site crashing will not be anything you will be able to fix. It's not the first time it's failed owing to heavy traffice, more to do with the host I think I'm correct insaying. It maybe that the Club are only paying for a limited service which is fine under normal circumstances, but when demand is high, the host just shuts the site down.

Might be worthwhile seeing if the host will do an upgrade or looking at a new host for the site?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CD at 3pm

I find that personally offensive and demand you retract that image. :mad2:

I do NOT wear y-fronts! :puke: I wear boxer shorts, and don't you forget it! I've worn boxer shorts now for more than 20 years. In fact I find them so comfortable, I'm even thinking of buying a 2nd pair in the not too distant future - so there!

I do NOT wear y-fronts! :puke: I wear boxer shorts, and don't you forget it! I've worn boxer shorts now for more than 20 years. In fact I find them so comfortable, I'm even thinking of buying a 2nd pair in the not too distant future - so there!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No apology necessary from you, Tom. The official site was doing the job fine. The apology should come from Geoff Brown and that cohort of f*ckwits up at McDiarmid for screwing up everyone's weekend because THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. If Buckie Thistle and Queen of the South can get a game on, why is there such a problem for one of the teams from one of the top divisions (sic) in Europe? Would it be unfair to assume that if the game was on TV/against another SPL team they might have taken a bit more care and attention?

Okay, so its an old picture...pre-boxers. I thought you'd have been flattered by me posting a picture of a youthful CD.

Oh well... :tongue2:

Tom, the site crashing will not be anything you will be able to fix. It's not the first time it's failed owing to heavy traffice, more to do with the host I think I'm correct insaying. It maybe that the Club are only paying for a limited service which is fine under normal circumstances, but when demand is high, the host just shuts the site down.

Might be worthwhile seeing if the host will do an upgrade or looking at a new host for the site?

The sites crashed on me loads of times this season, especially when it's the last five mins of the live txts updates

Baring in mind that I know not 'next to nothing' but actually 'nothing' about these things, some twiddly things have been done to the database and server (I have no idea what I've just typed) which should help the performance of the OS this evening, though sadly not mine.

However, should there be any issues I'll switch to more detailed tweets over on the Club's Twitter account. https://twitter.com/#!/ThistleTweet

C'mon The Jags.

Baring in mind that I know not 'next to nothing' but actually 'nothing' about these things, some twiddly things have been done to the database and server (I have no idea what I've just typed) which should help the performance of the OS this evening, though sadly not mine.

But is that the Official Site or the Operating System :rolleyes:

However, should there be any issues I'll switch to more detailed tweets over on the Club's Twitter account. https://twitter.com/#!/ThistleTweet

C'mon The Jags.

The game was going to be live on the radio last night, but not sure about tonight with the Scotland being on.

I'm better than the radio am I not? Actually, don't answer that.

It might well be worth checking out BBC online re radio coverage.

I'll be at the game, was really just throwing it out there for people to check nearer kick-off.

All I can find is this; "Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland." Whether that means they'll give updates on the radio, or live commentary, I don't know.