Poor Performance

clarencegarter

On the way home and it was a poor performance all round! Not many of the team deserve pass marks. Erskine was prob the poorest of the whole team unfortunatley, anytime he touched the ball or tried to pass it went straight to a saints player. Surprised he lasted until about the 70th min tbh!!

A mistake at the back nearly cost us to go one down soiner only for the saints player to hit the post 1on 1. Maybe slightly harsh to in one down cos apart from that chance they hadn't done much and never really threatened. A low cross from the edge of the box and toe poked in for the goal. Paddy could have been tighter to srop the cross coming in.

Saints 2nd goal looked pretty good volley hard to say if fox was at fault from where I was sitting. Reminded me of meireles for liverpool against wolves.

Cairney had a golden chance to get one bak when he was thru 1on1 and decided to try roumd the keeper instead of gettin a shot away! Poor from him and cood have gave us a massive lift. Shood have of at least tested the gk from that position as he was very shakey all game!

Stewards and police out of order in my opinion. It all started with ppl at the bak standing up and got and instead of the police and stewards accepting this happens in football they wanted ppl out and in the jail. Saints fans were standing however the police or stewards never approached them. I was sittting behind one guy and I think he brought this up with the steward as he walked up the stairs and I'm positive I heard the steward say " I think u shood shut ur mouth" which in my opinion is no way to talk to a payin travelling supporter! 2 ppl were removed from the thistle end and the 2nd one appeared to b gettin the jail instead of just gettin tossed out. Very out of order from the policing aspect all bcos of standing up!!

A miserable nyt with a poor game of football!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really dissapointed in us tonight as we really didnt turn up. Best team won and I couldnt see where we were ever going to get a goal from. Someone please tell Paul Cairney when your one on one at least get some kind of shot off. Thought Hodge was possibly our best player which says it all really.

Nevermind, onwards and upwards.

def a poor Performance, why greachan was still on the pith that long i have no idea.

we missed doolan up front to hold the ball up and i would have made changes at half time as it was obvousily not working

well done to the guys that sang most of the match and sod off to the steward who decided to take on the world himself

oh nearly forgot didy cup :rolleyes:

Edited by jaggybunnet

We just didn't turn up tonight.

Hodge, Rowson and Archie our best players on the night. Just read McCall's comments about a few of the guys being ill so I don't want to have a go at anyone. However, Cairney, next time you are clean through on goal, please at least try and work the keeper. At 2-1 and with our tails up, we COULD have got back into the game.

Jags fans were superb tonight, all singing, all dancing. Shame we were treated like common criminals by the jobsworth stewards and Billy Big Time polis. They really are an unlikeable bunch. At least 2 guys were chipped out for the hideous crime of trying to create an atmosphere and enjoying themselves at a football match. Sad, sad people.

I really don't like Perth.

It seems that illness was a big factor - http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/february_2011/st_johnstone_after_match_reaction

“Kris was ill and he isn’t the only one. Paul Paton, Paddy Boyle and Paul Cairney are all feeling ill and to that you can now add the names of Martin Grehan and John Roberson who has just been sick. We obviously hope that everyone will be okay with a tough schedule of matches coming up.”

Others could have been infected too.

Cairney had a golden chance to get one bak when he was thru 1on1 and decided to try roumd the keeper instead of gettin a shot away! Poor from him and cood have gave us a massive lift. Shood have of at least tested the gk from that position as he was very shakey all game!

Cairney's choice of finish is still an order of magnitude better than your spelling.

Bad night. Nothing to get excited about. I dont think st johnstone are really that good, we just went out with a whimper. Not many chances for either teaam apart from the goals. Was surpised at how many thistle fans were there tonight. We need to sign another striker, there is a lack of firepower up front. We might be able to get away with it in the league but when you face better teams you need a bit more up front. Hopefully the players will be feeling better and fingers crossed scott fox will be ok for saturday.

Outside of cup games, and league games of extremely high importance, games at Perth should be boycotted. Been saying it for years. One of the most miserable, rip-off, dull, killjoy days out you could ever have.

I'm with you on that. That was my last visit to that jobsworth infested shitehole.

As for the game I can only describe our performance as limp. To not get a shot in and test that big donkey in goals was a travesty. I thought Paddy sold the first goal by not getting in tight on that wee naff Cleveland or whatever his name was. He just backed off and off and allowed him an easy ball into the box that was fortunate to find Davidson. The game looked over after that. Erskine didn't have one run at their defence and Grehan is like having a six foot version of Morph up front. For a big lad he's like plastecine and that dirty ******* Duberry had him in his pocket the whole match.

Very disappointing attempt at getting into the next round and I think the frailities of our small squad showed up tonight as we've nothing without Doolan. Not to get a shot on target is my biggest dissapointment as that big penis was there for the taking.

As ever the stewards and polis were a joke and they really do have to be the scummiest of the lot up there. Hope the two lads who were removed were just packed on their way but I can see a night in the cells being the out of order of the day for them both. The singing and support for the team tonight was the only plus point for me.

Edited by Vom Itorium

Outside of cup games, and league games of extremely high importance, games at Perth should be boycotted. Been saying it for years. One of the most miserable, rip-off, dull, killjoy days out you could ever have.

Indeed. They really take being a jobsworth to new extremes up there. Walking out of the car park, they were even at it with several drivers.

Utter shithole of a place. Makes Livi look like a utopia.

Was a pretty poor game all round. Didn't think there was much between the teams; St Johnstone were marginally better in the first half whereas the second half was pretty even. Had we performed like we have been, it would have been more interesting. Certainly missed Doolan's link-up play.

At 0-0, Paton's lack of a left foot nearly cost us as he fannied about on the ball then attempted a pass-back which hit Kinniburgh. Paton has been one of our best, most consistent and most improved performers this season but that moment just reiterated the absurdity of a professional footballer who is unable to simply kick a ball with his weaker foot. It was pathetic and Samuel should have buried it.

The opening goal came from another mistake as Boyle showed Taylor inside and allowed him to drill the ball across the goal. It was fortunate but Davidson had been running off the back of Rowson and Hodge the whole half.

Iain Flannigan cannot defend. He's like a duck out of water and has no idea who to mark, where to stand, where to run - nothing. He watches the ball as players run around him and regularly gets caught playing everybody onside. St Johnstone got a lot of joy out of him in the first half and I was surprised they didn't move Taylor over to the left wing sooner than they did.

Second goal was a killer as we seemed to be tentatively coming back into the game. Great effort, although I'll have to see it again as, from where I was sitting, it looked like Fox could have done better with it. Maybe I'm being harsh as I'm not sure if the ball swerved - like I say, need to see it again.

No idea what Cairney was thinking. It wasn't as if he was running onto a pass and was hoping to clip the keeper and get a penalty. Either way, he bottled it but I'm sure he knows that and it wasn't just his fault that we lost.

I thought Grehan did a good job tonight. Thankless task but he won a fair share his headers and chased tirelessly. Hodge continued his recent good form and had a decent game. Flannigan and, in particular, Erskine were anonymous. If there was any element of truth in the Glaswegian article prior to him signing a new contract that he was touting himself for an SPL move, then hopefully tonight has removed his head from his arse. Archie's passing was particularly woeful.

Big Duberry strolled it. Different class.

Ach, there's always next year...

Edit: Just seen the second goal again. It's a great hit although he should have been closed down better. Not much Fox could have done about it, to be fair.

Edited by Armand2

Out of order Clarence.

No need for any personal abuse.

In fairness he's not far wrong, that was an extemely wanky post.

Firstly hats off to the support tonight, arrived just in time for kick off and could hear the jags support in full flow as soon as I got out the car, was pleasantly surprised at the support we brought considering the circumstances.

As far as the game went, nothing much to add as posters before me have put it more eloquently than I could, we simply didnt turn up tonight and were made to look like wee boys by an average saints side.

The team may have let us down, but the police and stewards at Mcdermid certainly didnt, they have their reputation as the scummiest in the land to upkeep and they retained their position with aplomb. Pathetic bullies. Was good to see the whole stand supporting the ones being picked on rather than just those directly around them.

I spoke to nice Tayside polis on the way out. The ones that searched my bags were sound too. They were havin a laugh at the steward at the end once our fans had gone and said to me that they have been trying to get rid of that sort of steward from the ground because they cause more trouble than they solve. Anyone else think it was strange that the person who set off a flare in our end didn't even get spoken to, yet 2 were chucked out for standing up and a little bit of swearing at a steward who was itching to kick someoene out?

I spoke to nice Tayside polis on the way out. The ones that searched my bags were sound too. They were havin a laugh at the steward at the end once our fans had gone and said to me that they have been trying to get rid of that sort of steward from the ground because they cause more trouble than they solve. Anyone else think it was strange that the person who set off a flare in our end didn't even get spoken to, yet 2 were chucked out for standing up and a little bit of swearing at a steward who was itching to kick someoene out?

Say what now? :unsure:

It was a smoke bomb and it was reeking.

When you think about it, no. To the police or stewards at the bottom, it could off been anyone who set it off. The folk who were chucked out were more noticable in amongst a group, myself included up the back.

Onto the game. To gutted to be bothered typing anything extensive.

We simply didn't turn up and I'm sorry but for such a big game that's a huge disappointment and I hope the players make up for that with 3 points on Saturday.

Support was great.

I hate those Tayside ********.