Trialist Striker

macca

I noticed a Trialist Striker scored in our 5-1 victory Queens Park yesterday does anyone happen to know who he was and if he is any good? I see Grehan scored a hat-trick so the opposition couldn`t have been up to much.

Edited by macca

If it eats away at money for next season then fair enough.

Agreed. Not going to go up and I reckon we should have enough in the current squad to stay clear of the relegation playoffs so pointless bringing someone in for a few months when it could help next season's budget instead.

Although I do have to wonder why we even offered this striker a trial if we had no intention of signing him.

Doesn`t look like he`ll be signing. McCall in today`s Evening Times, " We would love a striker, but we won`t be doing anything else. We will just keep going with what we have."

It's probably the correct decision tho' the lack of a suitable cheap option may have forced our hand in any case. I can't see us being drawn back into the play offs so better to keep what little we have for next season. Not sure tho' why the two loanees we have are in positions reasonably well covered.