The Station Bar

Jaggernaut

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1277&bih=787&q=Station+Bar&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m7&aql=&oq=

Described on the site as being frequented by many Partick Thistle fans.

Is that true?

Does it still exist?

Had a pint in there not long ago. Is that not where the city centre fans bus leaves from?

It`s an establishment that no Thistle fan should ever even consider visiting after the way in which we were treated after our last semi final appearance.

The incident was described in detail on a previous forum and a number of Thistle fans made their point. Most involved would never even consider returning. The City Centre bus talked about taking action at the time but laziness, a refusal to accept facts and the convenience of certain members meant that nothing happened. Shame on them after what was done and said that night.

It`s an establishment that no Thistle fan should ever even consider visiting after the way in which we were treated after our last semi final appearance.

The incident was described in detail on a previous forum and a number of Thistle fans made their point. Most involved would never even consider returning. The City Centre bus talked about taking action at the time but laziness, a refusal to accept facts and the convenience of certain members meant that nothing happened. Shame on them after what was done and said that night.

I was on old forums but never knew of that. Is it still under the same owners as there's been a lot of money spent on it?

I was on old forums but never knew of that. Is it still under the same owners as there's been a lot of money spent on it?

It was one of the longest threads on Leanne`s forum. What occurred was an utter disgrace and still remains hugely problematic to those unfortunate to be there that night as does the City Centre`s response.

It was one of the longest threads on Leanne`s forum. What occurred was an utter disgrace and still remains hugely problematic to those unfortunate to be there that night as does the City Centre`s response.

Im a member of the City Centre and must confess, I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to share? (Wasnt a member when we were last in a semi so perhaps ive just missed all this?)

Im a member of the City Centre and must confess, I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to share? (Wasnt a member when we were last in a semi so perhaps ive just missed all this?)

I wasn't on the bus that day but something rings a bell about the Station Bar staff saying the Thistle fans weren't welcome because there were Rangers fans drinking in it. May be entirely wrong, though.

It's a Dump of the highest Order,

drank in it for years even when there wisny a game on.

was in that shamefull nite vowed I'd never

set foot in it again,

never have.

brief synopsis....

I`d drank in the place off and on for years and even lunched in there a couple of times a week (wonderful pie and pint). On the day of the semi we had all made arrangements to meet up in the Station bar about 9pm. We left the old Bay Horse on time and headed up. None of us were particularly drunk, noisy or even boisterous. When we walked in (there were 5 of us) the rest of our group were at the bar in front of the main door, doing nothing but having a pint. There was however a group of about six or seven younger Thistle fans having a sing song off to the left. Nothing too disruptive or noisy.

The guy in charge, who was the chargehand who had been there for years (I think his name was Alan)did`nt seem too thrilled to see us but everyone else seemed to be quite happy, including the others behind the bar.

10 mins later, whislt we were reading the match reports in the early editions, the police arrived. Not a couple but the entire Support Unit. (About eight cops and a sergeant). The aforementioned Alan the walked up and down the pub (starting with the youngsters) pointing to everyone even romotely connected with thistle and saying THEM....THEM....THEM. With every admonition, Strathclydes finest then took your drink from you and told you to leave. I did`nt even realise we were included until I was somewhat abruptly shoved in the back and told to get out. ME!! I was reading the bloody paper!

Anyway, I`m not a wee guy and despite being pulled back did manage to ask our mustachioed chargehand just what the hell he was playing at. I then asked to tell us in front of the uniforms just what we had done to warrant the police being called.

His reply (my capitals) I`M F***ING FED UP WITH YOU THISTLE FANS THINKING THIS IS A THISTLE PUB. JUST GET THE F**K OUT.

We left, as did a number of others who volunteered despite not having been pointed out.

Made a little check the following week. The manager had phoned stating that there was going to be serious trouble in his pub and that things were about to go off. Hence the support unit. To the best of my recollection there were no rangers colours in the pub that night and there certainly was no hint of of any bother.

No-one got the jail that night but when about twenty plus adults (who had been drinking) are thrown out of a pub en masse for no apparent reason then I thought it reflected well on us. To be honest the police seemed a bit embarrassed by the entire episode.

brief synopsis....

I`d drank in the place off and on for years and even lunched in there a couple of times a week (wonderful pie and pint). On the day of the semi we had all made arrangements to meet up in the Station bar about 9pm. We left the old Bay Horse on time and headed up. None of us were particularly drunk, noisy or even boisterous. When we walked in (there were 5 of us) the rest of our group were at the bar in front of the main door, doing nothing but having a pint. There was however a group of about six or seven younger Thistle fans having a sing song off to the left. Nothing too disruptive or noisy.

The guy in charge, who was the chargehand who had been there for years (I think his name was Alan)did`nt seem too thrilled to see us but everyone else seemed to be quite happy, including the others behind the bar.

10 mins later, whislt we were reading the match reports in the early editions, the police arrived. Not a couple but the entire Support Unit. (About eight cops and a sergeant). The aforementioned Alan the walked up and down the pub (starting with the youngsters) pointing to everyone even romotely connected with thistle and saying THEM....THEM....THEM. With every admonition, Strathclydes finest then took your drink from you and told you to leave. I did`nt even realise we were included until I was somewhat abruptly shoved in the back and told to get out. ME!! I was reading the bloody paper!

Anyway, I`m not a wee guy and despite being pulled back did manage to ask our mustachioed chargehand just what the hell he was playing at. I then asked to tell us in front of the uniforms just what we had done to warrant the police being called.

His reply (my capitals) I`M F***ING FED UP WITH YOU THISTLE FANS THINKING THIS IS A THISTLE PUB. JUST GET THE F**K OUT.

We left, as did a number of others who volunteered despite not having been pointed out.

Made a little check the following week. The manager had phoned stating that there was going to be serious trouble in his pub and that things were about to go off. Hence the support unit. To the best of my recollection there were no rangers colours in the pub that night and there certainly was no hint of of any bother.

No-one got the jail that night but when about twenty plus adults (who had been drinking) are thrown out of a pub en masse for no apparent reason then I thought it reflected well on us. To be honest the police seemed a bit embarrassed by the entire episode.

AYE THAT'S ABOUT THE SIZE OF IT, :mad2:

We were the other bunch of adults in the corner,

protested to the arse behind the bar and walked out with the resta the boy's.

even tho we didny get order'd out wi Glasgows - coff - finest.

it all started because of a drunk female regular complaining.

shamefull episode,

caused me and quite a few others to go elsewhere.

What annoy'd us was the fact that the CC branch didny complain! :(

brief synopsis....

I remember it now. The one I mentioned about the Rangers fans must have been another ocassion.

What a shambles. :thumbdown:

brief synopsis....

Disgraceful :thumbdown:

Wouldnt have spent a penny in there had i known this.

The NGE has already left by then and the ICF knew that.

Scumbags.

Indeed.

The ICF had been lurking round the Pewter Pot for hours that night. For some reason I made it back from Hampden well before most people and there were only a handful of Jags fans in at the time. There were some members of the ICF in the pub at that point having a wee look to see who was about. It was all very sinister and a massive sense of relief when they buggered off.

The most part of the rest of the night was good. Everyone was relaxed having a few pints and a generally a good time despite the defeat.

Then the smoke bomb at the door, followed by the windows coming in. Had they got through the door then we were all in big trouble.