Team For Tomorrow

1 John Lambie

I think McCall will go with a defensive 3-5-2, although I'm starting to think if he does go for it, with the same team as I have below, we'd be better going 1 up front & 4 in midfield, with the midfield at least having some creativty in it (with Flannigan & Erskine on the wings).

.....................Fox

.....Balatoni.....Robertson.....Archibald

Paton........................................Boyle

..........McGowan.....Rowson.....Flannigan

................Grehan.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

McGeough

McNamara

Erskine

Fraser

A solid team, but better at counter-attack? vv

.......................Fox

.....Balatoni.....Robertson.....Archibald

Paton.........................................Boyle

Flannigan.....Rowson.....McGowan.....Erskine

.......................Grehan

Subs:

Scully

McGeough

McNamara

Doolan

Fraser

That's all presuming that Paton & Hodge are fit. I don't think we'll play 4-4-2, unless players available leaves it as the only option. Hodge now confirmed to be unable to play due to injury.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Being an away game, I suspect McCall will go for the 5-3-2 as well, with pretty much the same line up as yours, but perhaps Erskine or Flannigan in for Hodge.

That second formation you've identified looks very fluid with some good width, but fairly unusual. One formation I'd like to see us try is the 4-2-3-1 that quite a lot of teams are doing just now.

Fox

Paton Robertson Archibald Boyle

Rowson McNamara

Flannigan Hodge Erskine

Doolan/Grehan

Donnelly or McGowan could also feature in that midfield three. I've not seen much of McGowan, but could he be put in there in place of McNamara? I suppose it's irrelevant as there will be no way we use an adventurous system.

The penny has to drop at some point that we are rubbish away from home and therefore we should just line up the way we do at home where we occasioanally beat teams. What's the worst that can happen, we get beat, that happens anyway.

Lets go 4-4-2 and take it to them, Erskine must start.

Raith have the uncanny habit of grinding results out and I fear they might do it again tomorrow. Tade will always cause problems because of his pace so I wouldn't be surprised to see us line up with three across the back - Archie and Balatoni with Robertson covering.

Erskine offers nothing defensively and is a luxury player; for the majority of his time on the pitch on Tuesday, we'd have been aswell playing with ten men. I know he scored and I know people cream themselves whenever he gets the ball but his fitness for a professional footballer is very poor, he is awful positionally and, like I said, offers sod all when we've not got the ball. Not a player for an away game against the league leaders, in other words.

I'd be surprised if Hodge makes it and, if he does, suspect it'll be on the bench. Midfield three of Rowson, McGowan and Flannigan (who is half-arsed waste of space when he's not got the ball aswell).

0-0.

I'd be surprised if Hodge makes it and, if he does, suspect it'll be on the bench. Midfield three of Rowson, McGowan and Flannigan (who is half-arsed waste of space when he's not got the ball aswell).

0-0.

If Macnamara is fit, how about him in your team instead of Flannigan? Surely he's got more defensive ability and can offer something going forward as well?

If Macnamara is fit, how about him in your team instead of Flannigan? Surely he's got more defensive ability and can offer something going forward as well?

I agree but I didn't think McNamara was going to be fit. Even though I'm not a big fan of Flannigan, he can occasionally take a decent set piece and can be an outlet. If McNamara is fit, I'd probably throw him in instead of Flannigan because we'll need to match Raith's work-rate in midfield.

Edited by Armand2

I agree but I didn't think McNamara was going to be fit. Even though I'm not a big fan of Flannigan, he can occasionally take a decent set piece and can be an outlet. If McNamara is fit, I'd probably throw him in instead of Flannigan because we'll need to match Raith's work-rate in midfield.

Flannigan has his faults but he does hold the ball up reasonably well. Too often those further up the park lose the ball so quickly that we're on the back foot immediately after staging an attack. With Flannigan, even if we're as often as not going nowhere, at least we're defending further up the pitch.

I'd go with

..........Fox

Paton.....Robertson.....Archibald ......Boyle

...Erskine.....Donnelly....Rowson.

.........Flannigan

.......Fraser.....Doolan

Subs:

Shepherd

Campbell

McNamara

Hodge

That team would be over-run in midfield. You are also missing a sub.

Anywhere between 7/2 and 9/2 tomorrow. It`s buying money.

Really really fancy us for 1 - 0

You sweating? :D

Aw naw....1 minute after I wrote this Boyle scored. Do I feel guilty? Just a wee bit but it's tempered by the Jags victory.

Edited by Steven H

Damn my pessimism :P Nice substantial wager at 4/1. :D

Did I mention `TOLD YOU SO!!!`

I fancied it too and had a fiver on us, Ayr, Morton and Man U. Unfortunately the Man U game I had it on was vs Bolton, which I didn't realise was next bloody week. Amateur. Still, Man U win that and I get £60. And I suppose it saves me losing money on another bet next week...