Tommy Stewart Signs

potty trained

He's certainly welcome, but I do wonder at all this talk of us needing another striker when we have the joint top scorer in the division on our books; that's despite Doolan starting many games on the bench. If I thought that McCall were sneaky enough, I'd say this is an attempt to motivate Doolan to scoring even more often. (I don't think that McCall is doing that.)

Don't believe many will argue that Doolan hasn't stepped into the role Buchanan was supposed to play admirably. If it works out I'd see this Stewart fella more as a replacement for the support role Doolan used to play when Buchanan was an automatic choice.

It's mad to depend on one striker. We depended on Buchanan and look what happened with him. Of course at our level we're unlikely to get two players who'll give us 15-20 goals a season but you need one plus another who'll maybe give you 10 or so a season and fill in when your main striker is injured/off form.

Then you need cover for injury and so on - and someone who can offer something a bit different in some games. For me Grehan offers that something different (pity he couldn't score more though) and Fraser will be cover, though with the chance of becoming one of the main strikers if he continues to improve.