Centenary Fund

Fawlty Towers

normally the 10th of the month

The club really have to look at finding someone else to run the Centenary Fund - Eddie Prentice is a clown. I handed my form in early in March, when paying for my involvement in the Firhill Cup. I asked about the start date and Ami recommended that I put May in as Eddie was only in the office a couple of times a month to pick up the forms. After Eddie P had his page in the programme I contacted him to say I was happy to have my direct debit start in April. He replied saying that he didn't know why I was told to choose May, and that April was fine to start.

Anyone want to guess if my direct debit has come off this month?

He's a libility.

The club really have to look at finding someone else to run the Centenary Fund - Eddie Prentice is a clown. I handed my form in early in March, when paying for my involvement in the Firhill Cup. I asked about the start date and Ami recommended that I put May in as Eddie was only in the office a couple of times a month to pick up the forms. After Eddie P had his page in the programme I contacted him to say I was happy to have my direct debit start in April. He replied saying that he didn't know why I was told to choose May, and that April was fine to start.

He's a libility.

No car for you then!

He's a libility.

At the risk of being pedantic, it's actually a Standing Order and not a Direct Debit.

This is important because if it's a DD then it's the club's bank that requests payment - for a Standing order that's an instruction from you to your bank to pay a third party. However, the third party has no control over the transaction.

Certainly, some of the early memberships where there were queries were held up because the member's bank hadn't processed the paperwork although it had been passed on in good time. In soem cases, they'd had the intruction for a couple of months.

Edited by Allan Heron

At the risk of being pedantic, it's actually a Standing Order and not a Direct Debit.

This is important because if it's a DD then it's the club's bank that requests payment - for a Standing order that's an instruction from you to your bank to pay a third party. However, the third party has no control over the transaction.

Certainly, some of the early memberships where there were queries were held up because the member's bank hadn't processed the paperwork although it had been passed on in good time. In soem cases, they'd had the intruction for a couple of months.

I am not an expert in banking but I was told some banks are prone to not processing Standing Orders correctly.

I am not an expert in banking but I was told some banks are prone to not processing Standing Orders correctly.

If they cant do that then leave ASAP

TBH the club should be able to do this via email

- send email to club requesting membership number and monthly amount you want to send

- club email you back your membership number and bank details to send it to

- you go to your bank/use online service and set up standing order quoting your reference number

- send email to club to confirm you have set everything up

- wait for prizes to roll in :D

Easy as that to do :D