Just In

The Terminator

Not much to shout about if I'm being kind.

Cairney had a horror show. His attitude is just as infuriating as his apparent lack of ability. Lots of backing out of challenges, sauntering up and down the pitch while a striker holds off a couple of defenders, no effort made to close down players yards away etc.

The defence's insistence on looking to hoof the ball out of play before looking for an avenue to play the ball forward is utterly awful to watch, Kinniburgh being particularly guilty of this. They do it even when it doesn't have to be done aswell, leading to countless stop-start games.

On Kinniburgh, he's certainly not a right-back. He is simply far too immobile.

As for Jackie McNamara, didn't seem to be moving around much or shouting much encouragement. A little concerned about both him and Donnelly being on the touchline, with both of them being near mutes. However, hopefully he will liven up a bit against his old club on Tuesday.

Positives:

- Campbell was good in parts.

- My bovril was good.

Interesting how folk see things differently. I thought Kinniburgh had a good game yesterday, whereas Campbell had a bit of a nightmare, apart from that great shot in the 1st half. I even thought that Cairney was looking a bit more like his old self in terms of attitude, although several of the players were caught ball watching and not getting stuck in. Boyle, in particular, on several occasions.

Would that be the same Archie who gave away the needless free kick infront of our goals which resulted in County`s equaliser.Agree about Cairney and Campbell though can`t believe they stayed on.

It was a totally stupid shove by Archie. On seeing the wall lined up, I was pretty sure the guy was going to score. And he did, perfectly.

I'm a bit disappointed by some of the comments re Campbell. A youngster playing out of position and yes, a few times he had touble with some of the more physical elements of the game, but come on...a nightmare, REALLY?

Was it just me who witnessed the 2 or 3 decent runs to the byeline followed by very good crosses into the box? His run and shot (with his left and weaker foot) was fabulous and showed a great deal of confidence and ability. Things Paton rarely does were done effectively by Jamie...but as usual some people want to focus on the negatives, for those who think he had a nightmare can you explain why because Im at a loss?

I'm a bit disappointed by some of the comments re Campbell. A youngster playing out of position and yes, a few times he had touble with some of the more physical elements of the game, but come on...a nightmare, REALLY?

Was it just me who witnessed the 2 or 3 decent runs to the byeline followed by very good crosses into the box? His run and shot (with his left and weaker foot) was fabulous and showed a great deal of confidence and ability. Things Paton rarely does were done effectively by Jamie...but as usual some people want to focus on the negatives, for those who think he had a nightmare can you explain why because Im at a loss?

I'd concur with this. Campbell's crossing yesterday impressed me. Crossing should be a mandatory skill for a wide player but it is amazing how many of them struggle to do it.

I think right midfield is Campbell’s position.

Nightmare might be a bit harsh but I was disappointed in him yesterday. He did hit the byline twice and put in good crosses and he hit the bar but he was caught out so many times yesterday. Don’t think it helped having Kinniburgh at right back either. Hopefully he will come back stronger for the experience.

I thought Jackie should taken him off.

Nightmare might be a bit harsh but I was disappointed in him yesterday. He did hit the byline twice and put in good crosses and he hit the bar but he was caught out so many times yesterday. Don’t think it helped having Kinniburgh at right back either. Hopefully he will come back stronger for the experience.

RM is Campbells position but Ive seen him play very well in CM. At times it looked like a 5-3-2 (3-5-2 if you wana dress it up) yesterday and at other it looked 4-4-2. In the latter formation I though he done ok, but at times he was exposed when expected to cover defensively. Physically he was a bit out of his depth too...but he's young and learning, doesnt need the kind criticism he's getting on here. We should be focussing on the positives of our young players not being overly-critical. Let's not do to him what we done to Paddy Boyle last season

Who could have played there instead tho if he was subbed?

No way was it it worse than, in order of pishness:

13/11/10 Morton - 0v0 (Up there with one of the worst games of football I have ever seen)

26/12/10 Raith - 0v0

02/04/11 Qos - 0v0

All at Firhill.

I think Cowdenbeath at home a couple of weeks ago was the worst I have seen so far this season. I don't know if that is just because we lost to a pishy side though, rather than the quality of our play.

Edited by Guy Incognito

Right mid is indeed Campbell's optimum position but he can play any attacking midfield role. Don't think he'll be any worse defensively than a lot of decent enough wide midfielders in our league. If we want two banks of four behind the ball we'll probably not play him. If we want wide players primarily for getting to the bye line to stick in crosses we'll play Campbell. If we want a wide player to consistently do both we'll either have to be very lucky or, well, we've no finances for the other option.

RM is Campbells position but Ive seen him play very well in CM. At times it looked like a 5-3-2 (3-5-2 if you wana dress it up) yesterday and at other it looked 4-4-2. In the latter formation I though he done ok, but at times he was exposed when expected to cover defensively. Physically he was a bit out of his depth too...but he's young and learning, doesnt need the kind criticism he's getting on here. We should be focussing on the positives of our young players not being overly-critical. Let's not do to him what we done to Paddy Boyle last season

Who could have played there instead tho if he was subbed?

Ross McGeough? But not any options apart from that. Actually I think he was kept on because he needs to play in agame where he makes mistakes and has to get over them. Whipping him off just after he'd made a few blunders could have damaged his confidence - playing to the end he learns that you make mistakes in games but you get your head up and keep going and work back into the game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Can't believe folk are going on about Jackie's demeanour. I have two words for anyone that thinks a raving madman on the touchlines equates to success:

Gerry Collins.

Yesterday was a massive borefest, can't wait for the season to be over.

Noone was asking for a "raving madman" - A bit of passion or direction to the players would have been nice though.

Noone was asking for a "raving madman" - A bit of passion or direction to the players would have been nice though.

He wasn't as animated as others but he did encourage the lads. Saw him having a few words with young campbell. Him and Cameron were talking a lot during match. Also seen him applauding a few of the better moves during the match.

Dreadfull, dreadfull game.

Distribution from the back was horrific, horrifying, horrible, terrible, awful, dreadful, ghastly, hideous, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous, gruesome, grisly, monstrous, heinous and egregious.

The kick off summed the game up for me - lets get behind the Jags and make some noise. Batter, the ball is immediately kicked out of play from the kickoff. What a way to get the crowd going :mad2:

Kinniburgh scared the bejesus out of me the whole game. Balatoni and Archi weren't winnig a great deal in the air either.

Jamie Campbell I thought tried hard. He's a young lad and showed some nice touches, plus a few decent crosses. He showed his inexperience though on occasions by getting caught in possession a few times. I thought he did ok.

Cairney was just rank rotten.

Rowser wasn't much better, at times his passing is inaccurate at best

Erskine looked in the mood but the game was being played over the top of his head so he rarely got a chance on the ball - when he did get it we actually looked as if we might be able to create something.

Grehan didn't seem to work as well with Doolan as he has in other games. I like the guy as a player, he has a good touch and passes the ball intelligently. Not his best game though.

Doolan I though had a superb attitude and worked his socks off. Fully deserved the MoM. Turning into a pretty good player

He wasn't as animated as others but he did encourage the lads. Saw him having a few words with young campbell. Him and Cameron were talking a lot during match. Also seen him applauding a few of the better moves during the match.

Agree with you from what I saw he was trying to encourage them, cant believe some people are laying stick into McNamara already the guy deserves his chance.

As was pointed out remeber Collins ranting or Jimmy Bones utterly bizarre windmill type signals(they were usually more entertaining than the games)

Gardyne is rated fairly high and it's surprising he's still at Dingwall. Considering County looked the better team yesterday a quick glance at the league table shows they're far from safe in the division. It wouldn't take anything approaching exceptional results but they could still easily find themselves in Div 2 next season.