Parcel Bombs Sent To Neil Lennon, Mcbride And Godman

stillresigned

Just saw this on the BBC website and I'm sure all Thistle supporters will unreservedely condem such mindless madness. No matter that Neil Lennon is not my favourite person, it takes a special type of nutter to take bigotry to this level. At the end of the day its all about kicking a ball around a football park and it should never, ever be a matter of life and death. To be fair I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic fans would utterly condemm such actions as well.

It really is time that sections of Scottish society were dragged kicking and screaming (as will probably be neccessary) into the twenty first century.

Edited by stillresigned

Just saw this on the BBC website and I'm sure all Thistle supporters will unreservedely condem such mindless madness. No matter that Neil Lennon is not my favourite person, it takes a special type of nutter to take bigotry to this level. At the end of the day its all about kicking a ball around a football park and it should never, ever be a matter of life and death. To be fair I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic fans would utterly condemm such actions as well.

It really is time that sections of Scottish society were dragged kicking and screaming (as will probably be neccessary) into the twenty first century.

Link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13141592

"To be fair I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic fans would utterly condemm such actions as well."

I am not so sure. Just look at the thugs who smashed up Manchester. I remember the morons who sang vile songs when we have played the H*ns in recent years.

The EPL or, more appropriately, the Championship (that's their real level) are welcome to take the Ugly Sisters out of Scottish football.

Of course sending mail bombs to a football manager is utterly shocking and disgraceful, but Neil Lennon needs to wind his neck in. It's not exactly a secret that Rangers have some horrible people following them, including UDA/UVF sympathisers. Lennon of all people should know that.

If anything positive comes out of this latest episode of shame, Neil Lennon will leave Scottish football at the end of the season and it will further crank up the pressure on the authorities to clamp down on Rangers' vile fans. Hopefully this will silence the hideous Paul McBride Q.C. as well.

Hopefully this will silence the hideous Paul McBride Q.C. as well.

Aye, the right way to deal with someone whose opinion you don't like is to send them a letterbomb. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I don't think I've ever been so down on Scottish fitba'. Between letterbombs (FFS!!!!), UEFA investigations, lawyers, OF riots, playing the same team 7 times, 10 team leagues, craig levein and his 4-6-0, shite games, extortionate prices, Dundee and their cheating, Thistle going round and round in circles and all the rest of it I just really can't be ****** anymore. Whats the point? Promotion to the SPL just means dealing with the OF and their shite on a regular basis and a struggle to stay up. Staying in the SFL means death by apathy.

Aye, the right way to deal with someone whose opinion you don't like is to send them a letterbomb. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I didn't say that, did I? I said "if anything positive comes out of this latest episode of shame."

It's more than disliking his opinion. He's hell bent on destroying Scottish football with his ridiculous statements and all he is, is a scumbag Celtic fan with a massive chip on his shoulder. A Celtic supporting Q.C. with a persecution complex is a dangerous combination.

I don't think I've ever been so down on Scottish fitba'. Between letterbombs (FFS!!!!), UEFA investigations, lawyers, OF riots, playing the same team 7 times, 10 team leagues, craig levein and his 4-6-0, shite games, extortionate prices, Dundee and their cheating, Thistle going round and round in circles and all the rest of it I just really can't be ****** anymore. Whats the point? Promotion to the SPL just means dealing with the OF and their shite on a regular basis and a struggle to stay up. Staying in the SFL means death by apathy.

Very sad.

But very true :(

Jack Ross has a similar view in his BBC blog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jackross/2011/04/stop_the_bickering_start_the_f.html

My bet it would be irish republicans unhappy over the land deal lennon was involed in which went wrong

CELTIC boss Neil Lennon will claim he is the victim of a £3million sting when he fights for his financial survival in court this week.

A pal told the News of the World that the Hoops boss insists he was stitched up when his signature was forged on bank documents guaranteeing a massive loan.

And this week that allegation will be at the heart of Lennon's defence case as he kicks off a mammoth court action - that could end with him facing financial ruin.

The fiery Ulsterman could lose his personal fortune if the Bank of Ireland wins its civil case against him in Dublin's High Court.

Last night our source said: "Neil's made a lot of money through football but there is an awful lot riding on this case. He has been stitched up here, pure and simple.

"Neil can't afford to lose this case - if he does, it could ruin him."

Land that was bought by Lennon and partners in Dundalk, Ireland Purchase... Bank claims Lennon guaranteed loan for the land in Dundalk

Lennon, 39, ploughed £580,000 of his own cash into a project which aimed to build and sell 61 houses on land at Knockbridge, near Dundalk, close to the Republic of Ireland's border with Northern Ireland.

A total of £3.5million was invested by Rocket Developments Ltd - set up by Lennon in 2005.

At first the footie ace had no idea his former Manchester City youth team colleague Julian Dowe, 35, was also involved in the deal.

But when the recession hit the Irish economy, demand for new homes slumped - and the value of the land plummeted.

Rocket Developments collapsed in 2009 without a single house being built on the muddy fields.

And the land is now back on the market for a mere £350,000.

The Dublin court case, which starts on Tuesday, centres on a Bank of Ireland claim that Lennon signed paperwork making him liable for a £2.7million loan to his company for the project.

But this is a claim the Parkhead gaffer vigorously denies.

Neil Lennon and Irene McCloy Hoopy... with Irene

And his hopes of being cleared of liability for the huge sum have been boosted by reports the Irish bank has lost the document they claim proves he guaranteed the loan.

Sources close to Lennon insist he is the innocent victim of a scam.

And his lawyers will fight to clear his name during the case, which is expected to last two weeks.

The Celtic legend has also hired one of Ireland's top barristers to recover the cash he invested.

His friend explained: "Neil is a smart guy and there's no way he'd have signed anything without knowing exactly what it meant.

"He was prepared to invest a fair bit of money into what seemed like a worthwhile business but he would never have contemplated getting in over his head.

"The implications of losing this case are extremely serious but there is no way he should be getting held responsible in the first place."

Bank of Ireland lawyers filed papers at Dublin Commercial Court last year claiming that Lennon had signed documents guaranteeing the loan at Dublin Airport in 2006.

Armagh border near Dundalk Investment... Dundalk countryside where Lennon bought land

They maintain they can prove the former Northern Ireland captain was at the air terminal on the day in question - as he had a free weekend because Celtic had been knocked out of the Scottish Cup.

The bank's main witness will be Colm McHugh, a senior business manager at their Dundalk branch. He claims Lennon was carrying his golf clubs when he arrived. He then signed the guarantee form at their office in the busy airport.

McHugh insists he told the Hoops hero that the document meant the bank was entitled to call on him to repay the loan if Rocket Developments was unable to clear the debt.

Lennon denies the claims.

Dowe quit the board of Rocket Developments in January 2007.

He has vanished since the Bank of Ireland launched its court action and could not be contacted by the News of the World this week.

He and Lennon met when the pair were trainees at Manchester City in the late 1980s.

Dublin Airport, terminal 2 Air we go... deal was allegedly signed at Dublin airport

But whereas Lennon went on to achieve fame and fortune playing for Leicester City and Celtic, Dowe was plagued by injury throughout a career that saw him play in the lower leagues of England, Spain, Latvia and Scotland - where he played seven games for Ayr United between 1994 and 1995.

He retired in 2004 after spells with several non-league clubs. But in October 2006, Dowe's home was one of dozens of properties across Manchester seized by the Assets Recovery Agency (ARA).

The agency claimed that Dowe committed mortgage fraud to buy the property in 2005.

The raids were part of the largest- ever investigation into IRA money laundering and mortgage fraud.

It was launched following a probe into former Provisional IRA chief of staff Thomas "Slab" Murphy.

A raid on the South Armagh home of the feared terrorist boss found records detailing £11million of properties in the Manchester area.

The houses and flats were thought to be part of an intricate laundering operation linked to the IRA. Dowe's £230,000 home and the 35 other properties were confiscated in June 2009. The ARA - set up to seize the proceeds of crime - alleged in court papers that Dowe was an associate of Murphy, 66.

Lennon is a bigot.Thats all he knows and has grew up in.He should leave scottish football and take the bigotry he's stirred up with him.The green brigade aswell.Celtic's inward victim culture world is against us is what is stopping interrogation and creating the tension.When the h*ns signed a catholic ie mojo or neil McCann.They went nuts.They want the victim card and have as much vested intrested in keeping the bigoted system as rangers do

Link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13141592

"To be fair I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic fans would utterly condemm such actions as well."

I am not so sure. Just look at the thugs who smashed up Manchester. I remember the morons who sang vile songs when we have played the H*ns in recent years.

The EPL or, more appropriately, the Championship (that's their real level) are welcome to take the Ugly Sisters out of Scottish football.

You may well be right actually.

My bet it would be irish republicans unhappy over the land deal lennon was involed in which went wrong

CELTIC boss Neil Lennon will claim he is the victim of a £3million sting when he fights for his financial survival in court this week.

A pal told the News of the World that the Hoops boss insists he was stitched up when his signature was forged on bank documents guaranteeing a massive loan.

And this week that allegation will be at the heart of Lennon's defence case as he kicks off a mammoth court action - that could end with him facing financial ruin.

The fiery Ulsterman could lose his personal fortune if the Bank of Ireland wins its civil case against him in Dublin's High Court.

Last night our source said: "Neil's made a lot of money through football but there is an awful lot riding on this case. He has been stitched up here, pure and simple.

"Neil can't afford to lose this case - if he does, it could ruin him."

Land that was bought by Lennon and partners in Dundalk, Ireland Purchase... Bank claims Lennon guaranteed loan for the land in Dundalk

Lennon, 39, ploughed £580,000 of his own cash into a project which aimed to build and sell 61 houses on land at Knockbridge, near Dundalk, close to the Republic of Ireland's border with Northern Ireland.

A total of £3.5million was invested by Rocket Developments Ltd - set up by Lennon in 2005.

At first the footie ace had no idea his former Manchester City youth team colleague Julian Dowe, 35, was also involved in the deal.

But when the recession hit the Irish economy, demand for new homes slumped - and the value of the land plummeted.

Rocket Developments collapsed in 2009 without a single house being built on the muddy fields.

And the land is now back on the market for a mere £350,000.

The Dublin court case, which starts on Tuesday, centres on a Bank of Ireland claim that Lennon signed paperwork making him liable for a £2.7million loan to his company for the project.

But this is a claim the Parkhead gaffer vigorously denies.

Neil Lennon and Irene McCloy Hoopy... with Irene

And his hopes of being cleared of liability for the huge sum have been boosted by reports the Irish bank has lost the document they claim proves he guaranteed the loan.

Sources close to Lennon insist he is the innocent victim of a scam.

And his lawyers will fight to clear his name during the case, which is expected to last two weeks.

The Celtic legend has also hired one of Ireland's top barristers to recover the cash he invested.

His friend explained: "Neil is a smart guy and there's no way he'd have signed anything without knowing exactly what it meant.

"He was prepared to invest a fair bit of money into what seemed like a worthwhile business but he would never have contemplated getting in over his head.

"The implications of losing this case are extremely serious but there is no way he should be getting held responsible in the first place."

Bank of Ireland lawyers filed papers at Dublin Commercial Court last year claiming that Lennon had signed documents guaranteeing the loan at Dublin Airport in 2006.

Armagh border near Dundalk Investment... Dundalk countryside where Lennon bought land

They maintain they can prove the former Northern Ireland captain was at the air terminal on the day in question - as he had a free weekend because Celtic had been knocked out of the Scottish Cup.

The bank's main witness will be Colm McHugh, a senior business manager at their Dundalk branch. He claims Lennon was carrying his golf clubs when he arrived. He then signed the guarantee form at their office in the busy airport.

McHugh insists he told the Hoops hero that the document meant the bank was entitled to call on him to repay the loan if Rocket Developments was unable to clear the debt.

Lennon denies the claims.

Dowe quit the board of Rocket Developments in January 2007.

He has vanished since the Bank of Ireland launched its court action and could not be contacted by the News of the World this week.

He and Lennon met when the pair were trainees at Manchester City in the late 1980s.

Dublin Airport, terminal 2 Air we go... deal was allegedly signed at Dublin airport

But whereas Lennon went on to achieve fame and fortune playing for Leicester City and Celtic, Dowe was plagued by injury throughout a career that saw him play in the lower leagues of England, Spain, Latvia and Scotland - where he played seven games for Ayr United between 1994 and 1995.

He retired in 2004 after spells with several non-league clubs. But in October 2006, Dowe's home was one of dozens of properties across Manchester seized by the Assets Recovery Agency (ARA).

The agency claimed that Dowe committed mortgage fraud to buy the property in 2005.

The raids were part of the largest- ever investigation into IRA money laundering and mortgage fraud.

It was launched following a probe into former Provisional IRA chief of staff Thomas "Slab" Murphy.

A raid on the South Armagh home of the feared terrorist boss found records detailing £11million of properties in the Manchester area.

The houses and flats were thought to be part of an intricate laundering operation linked to the IRA. Dowe's £230,000 home and the 35 other properties were confiscated in June 2009. The ARA - set up to seize the proceeds of crime - alleged in court papers that Dowe was an associate of Murphy, 66.

Lennon is a bigot.Thats all he knows and has grew up in.He should leave scottish football and take the bigotry he's stirred up with him.The green brigade aswell.Celtic's inward victim culture world is against us is what is stopping interrogation and creating the tension.When the h*ns signed a catholic ie mojo or neil McCann.They went nuts.They want the victim card and have as much vested intrested in keeping the bigoted system as rangers do

Thats quite a list of grievances and I've absolutely no idea of the veracity or otherwhise of your points,

The bottom line is that Lennon has been threatened etc., mainly due to the fact that he is an Irish Catholic who manages Celtic, and that is in my book simply not acceptable. As any form of racism or bigotry has no place in a modern civilised society.

I would have thought that general statement to be broadly acceptable to most users of this forum.

Furthermore, I did not raise this point to make pathetic tribal points of the sort we'll no doubt be bombarded with come Sunday lunchtime.

Just hope on sunday should Rangers win, the commentator doesn't state..."well that's blown the title race wide open" !!

honestly the whole thing brings nothing but more shame to our already dying game. Really has been a shameful season.

With the moronic mentality of the h*ns, i wouldnt be shocked or surprised if they played 'the final countdown' as the teams run out

bullets were sent to cardinal keith o'brien.

=/

this is gettin ridiculous

I heard on the radio this happened last year just before the pope visited, so not sure if this is in anyway linked to the current bombs etc, or just the press fanning the flames of bigotry

I noticed that the bullet sent to the Cardinal was sent by "The Protestant Action Group" (UVF).

Always amusing how a bunch of sash wearing morons seems to think they act in the best interests of a religious group, when they do eveything to contradict the teachings of their faith. How they even claim to be protestant is beyond lunacy, when they don't grace a church door with their shadow on any given Sunday. It's the same with the green mob. None of them could name half of the ten commandments and yet they claim that they are being persecuted for their "chosen faith". Sick to the teeth of this garbage!

Sick to the teeth of this garbage!

Yes, but the eternal garbage does guarantee bums on seats, continues to fill the OF's coffers and stirs up interest for their 900th meeting of all time..... :yawn:

They're called the "Old Firm" not for their rivalry, but for their long-term co-operation in parting the deluded from their cash year after boring year.

Does anyone else find the timing of this all a bit weird? Firstly Lennon gets sent a mailbomb, then Paul McBride starts slevering pish in the media and he is suddenly sent a mailbomb. Then Trish Godman (an MSP I had barely heard of before and I am someone who is fairly interested in Scottish politics) appears wearing a Celtic a top ... and then suddenly she is sent a mailbomb. And all of this comes to light less than a week before a potentially title deciding moronathon (aka Old Firm game)and just weeks before a Scottish parliamentary election. Is there some sort of production line here churning out mailbombs as soon as someone Shelick-minded gets a bit of media time?

Plus, with the exception of Lennon, there are more far more prominent Shelcik-minded potential targets in Scotland: Dr John Reid, Peter Lawell, Tom Devine, Jim Murphy, Graeme Spiers (who has been like a dog with a bone in his slagging of Rangers lately). Yet, as far as we know anyway, none of these people have been targeted.

I don't mean to be flippant about this - sending a mailbomb to someone is serious, serious stuff; but something about this whole sorry affair just isn't quite hanging together for me. I think there is a lot more to it than just the deranged antics some rabid Rangers nutjob(s).

Does anyone else find the timing of this all a bit weird? Firstly Lennon gets sent a mailbomb, then Paul McBride starts slevering pish in the media and he is suddenly sent a mailbomb. Then Trish Godman (an MSP I had barely heard of before and I am someone who is fairly interested in Scottish politics) appears wearing a Celtic a top ... and then suddenly she is sent a mailbomb. And all of this comes to light less than a week before a potentially title deciding moronathon (aka Old Firm game)and just weeks before a Scottish parliamentary election. Is there some sort of production line here churning out mailbombs as soon as someone Shelick-minded gets a bit of media time?

Plus, with the exception of Lennon, there are more far more prominent Shelcik-minded potential targets in Scotland: Dr John Reid, Peter Lawell, Tom Devine, Jim Murphy, Graeme Spiers (who has been like a dog with a bone in his slagging of Rangers lately). Yet, as far as we know anyway, none of these people have been targeted.

I don't mean to be flippant about this - sending a mailbomb to someone is serious, serious stuff; but something about this whole sorry affair just isn't quite hanging together for me. I think there is a lot more to it than just the deranged antics some rabid Rangers nutjob(s).

Timing is not wierd - the fact someone want to kill another person due to connections witha football club is wierd.

Graeme Spiers is / brought up as a Rangers fan, and frequently says so on the radio.

What is the more to it then?