Finishing 4Th In League

elevenone

I thought it got you a bye from the first round of diddy teams? Would that not severely reduce our chances to get another Annan away type fixture next season? If so I'd rather come 5th.

It gets you a bye into the January round of the Scottish Cup. but it also makes you seeded in the 2nd round draw of league cup meaning you have more chance of a smaller team in that cup.

A win against Morton would see us leapfrog Morton and depending on the QoS result jump us up into fourth place with two to go (and QoS a game in hand). I really hope the prospect of fourth place can motivate players, but we have tricky matches against Dundee and Raith Rovers after that. Morton have Dunfermline after us, but should pick up points away to Stirling. QoS still to play Cowden, Raith and Dundee with a game against Ross County to be arranged.

It should be quite tight, but is this enough to motivate players or will we see them saunter their way through the end of season drudgery?

A win against Morton would see us leapfrog Morton and depending on the QoS result jump us up into fourth place with two to go (and QoS a game in hand). I really hope the prospect of fourth place can motivate players, but we have tricky matches against Dundee and Raith Rovers after that. Morton have Dunfermline after us, but should pick up points away to Stirling. QoS still to play Cowden, Raith and Dundee with a game against Ross County to be arranged.

It should be quite tight, but is this enough to motivate players or will we see them saunter their way through the end of season drudgery?

I'd hope we see some effort and enterprise too but you have to accept that we've a good few players out and a small number of players have had to struggle through going on for two games a week for some months. Don't get down on them if they show signs of the wear and tear.

4th? With our injury list and fixtures, we will probably finish 6th or 7th.

We should have enough about us to beat Morton (and we owe tham one after the last game at Crappilow), although Rowson will be a big loss. IF we can get a result on Saturday 4th will still be a big ask...but I predicted 4th pre-season and would be delighted if that was the outcome given our horrible 1st half of the campaign. PMA folks, 4th is on!!!!

Edited to add: I hope we go 4-4-2 wi McGeough at right back, Flannigan at right mid (if fit), Campbell and Cairney (due to no-one else being available) in the middle. Erskine wide left, Dools and Grehan up front. Who to drop from Wullie K and Balatoni :thinking:

Edited by Steven H

I'd like to think that the players would give their all, but I fear that the latter is the more likely scenario.

I'd like to think that the players would give their all, but I fear that the latter is the more likely scenario.

I do feel the team will give their all but it probably won't be good enough. Very tired team now and the injuries to so many has really hurt us. May be time to rest a couple and give some of the younger ones a game on saturday to try and freshen things a bit.

I do feel the team will give their all but it probably won't be good enough. Very tired team now and the injuries to so many has really hurt us. May be time to rest a couple and give some of the younger ones a game on saturday to try and freshen things a bit.

If that's what we do and we lose, I can accept it as long as the "manager" lets us know what's going on.

For example, the Stewart case has me totally confounded. As far as I recall, he's come on with around 10-15 minutes left in a few games, when the result has been all but decided one way or another. How can this show what he has to offer us? Either play him, or ditch him.

QoS are going down the tubes in every resepect

Yeah totally agree. At this rate they are going to be bookies favourites for relegation next season. Things have been tough for us but I do get the feeling we are on the right track, while a number of others in the league are going the other way.`