Buying A Season Ticket

Fawlty Towers

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are You going to buy a season ticket?

• Yes - had one last season.
    • Yes - did not have one last season.
    • No - had one last season.
    • No - did not have one last season
    • Undecided - had one last season.
    • Undecided - did not have one last season.

Archibald fit

Doolan playing

Erskine playing

Fox instead of Halliwell

Grehan/Stewart instead of Donnelly

Not playing McNamara or Maxwell

That's more than 2 or 3 differences and the top 4 especially are a major difference to the team. It was an entirely different team that went on a good run of form to that which started the season badly and to use the bad start to last season as a reason to be pessimistic about next season is as misplaced as believing we'll definitely challenge for the league.

Kinniburgh as he has done this season with a signing needed as backup should either of them get injured.

Grehan and/or Stewart if he re-signs. A far more attractive prospect than seeing either Buchanan or Donnelly like the beginning of last season. The major difference between the beginning of this coming season and the beginning of last season is we at least have 1 striker who finished the previous season with goal scoring form. It's not ideal but take a look around the division and there isn't much quality up front and if Stewart is as good as his last couple of games suggest we could have 2 of the better forwards in the league.

There certainly are some questions but we have far more answers than any other team in the division as no one else has anywhere near the same amount of players signed up for next season and beyond. I don't think anyone is relying on any of the youngsters to play week in week out but we certainly look better on that front than most of the division as we've already got Fraser, MacBeth and Bannigan having played a fair bit of first team football whether that be at Firhill or out on loan. The only other teams off the top of my head that have also played a few youngsters are Livingston on occasion and Queens due to having a small squad. McNamara has already stated he prefers to play a 4-3-3 formation and has done so by playing all 3 of Doolan, Grehan and Stewart in some matches so I'm not sure I'd agree he'll be looking to play 1 up front a lot. I agree we need a left back if Boyle goes as expected but really that's the only position we need a first choice player for if we can re-sign Rowson and Stewart, compare it to other teams in the division where you have the likes of Morton with half a defence and half a midfield or Dundee who don't have a recognised striker signed up other than a teenager and there is cause to be cautiously optimistic about our chances of doing well this year. We don't really need that much new blood as we won't be losing many at all. Balatoni has returned to Hearts and Halliwell will be gone and Scully will remain 2nd choice goalkeeper freeing up a wage or two plus any of Robertson, Hodge or Flannigan going will free up room in the squad for a couple of signings. I'd be surprised if McNamara brought in a huge amount of players and don't really think he needs to either.

Buchanan may have had poor form with injuries or whatever but he is a superior goalscorer to Grehan. I dont agree with the OTT criticism of Grehan but he has been far from outstanding he has been here a year and a half and scored something like 3 goals, he has of course set up a few as well but I think when Buchanan had been here a year and a half he had scored nearly 20 and had also set up a barrowload as well.

SOme of the abuse Grehan has received has been shocking but while Doolan could be a huge factor in any chance for promotion Im still not overly convinced that Grehan can be

Edited by Third Lanark

Buchanan may have had poor form with injuries or whatever but he is a superior goalscorer to Grehan. I dont agree with the OTT criticism of Grehan but he has been far from outstanding he has been here a year and a half and scored something like 3 goals, he has of course set up a few as well but I think when Buchanan had been here a year and a half he had scored nearly 20 and had also set up a barrowload as well.

SOme of the abuse Grehan has received has been shocking but while Doolan could be a huge factor in any chance for promotion Im still not overly convinced that Grehan can be

It's not simply a case of comparing Grehan with Buchanan though, it's playing Buchanan and Donnelly against playing Doolan and Grehan/Stewart and for me there's no contest. Even then it's all very well saying Buchanan was a better goalscorer but he certainly wasn't banging them in at all in 2010 with 4 league goals in the entire calendar year and that's with him being used as our out and out striker and not having to come short or go out wide to support the other striker like Grehan has done for Doolan.

It's not simply a case of comparing Grehan with Buchanan though, it's playing Buchanan and Donnelly against playing Doolan and Grehan/Stewart and for me there's no contest. Even then it's all very well saying Buchanan was a better goalscorer but he certainly wasn't banging them in at all in 2010 with 4 league goals in the entire calendar year and that's with him being used as our out and out striker and not having to come short or go out wide to support the other striker like Grehan has done for Doolan.

Neither was Grehan though with 2 goals. Combination wise Doolan and Stewart or Doolan and Buchanan would be as good as a Doolan and Grehan. Regarding the wide support McCall used to play Buchanan at times on the wing with Donnelly in the middle though agreed far from ideal, even then I would never question Buchanans work rate

A big thing for me is the fekin pitch. We could have the ability of Barcelona, but watching football on that shambles is a total waste of money.

Now that I am on one, before I part with a coin is there any chance of getting the bird sh1t cleaned away with some deterent to keep them from coming back and get the seats sorted so that they do not drop much more than the 90 deg or that there are bolts in the back to stop you from falling though. In actual fact, Thistle are going to have to go some to get me back next year.

So thats a mibee at the minute...

A big thing for me is the fekin pitch. We could have the ability of Barcelona, but watching football on that shambles is a total waste of money.

Now that I am on one, before I part with a coin is there any chance of getting the bird sh1t cleaned away with some deterent to keep them from coming back and get the seats sorted so that they do not drop much more than the 90 deg or that there are bolts in the back to stop you from falling though. In actual fact, Thistle are going to have to go some to get me back next year.

So thats a mibee at the minute...

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on....

In fact, buy a season ticket, and if the club doesn't come up with the goods then I will personally clean your seat with a suitable deterrent product, and subject your chosen seat to a rigorous angularity/weight resistance testing schedule of my own design, which may or may not be submitted for appraisal to the Dragons' Den in the future.

Edited to add: I think it's safe to assume that the pitch will be in much better condition next season.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Season ticket for me as usual. I don't have a very strong sense of optimism, just the usual fairly optimistic, but at the same time there hasn't been that much to scare the horses. Bring on the new season and good look to Jaggy and Sid.