Pronevych Dmytro

jagfox

I don't have the best of memories but WHO?

PRONEVYCH Dmytro M 05-06 Queen of the South Dnipro (Ukraine) Games 3 Goals 0

Off wiki:

Date of birth November 19, 1984 (1984-11-19) (age 26)

Place of birth Dubno, Soviet Union[1]

Height 1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)

Playing position Midfielder

Club information

Current club IFK Mariehamn

Number 18

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2005 Partick Thistle 4 (0)

2006 Queen of the South 2 (0)

2008 Knyazha Schastlivoe 6 (0)

2009- IFK Mariehamn 5 (0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 October 2009.

† Appearances (Goals).

No idea either, under the Dick regime I guess. :thinking:

Edited by jagfox

That's Dave the Ukranian :thumbsup2:

Started his first game up at Recs, Alloa (the coldest I think I've ever been at a game). A few minutes into the game he rugby tackled an Alloa player and got booked. Don't think he appeared in the second half.

Arguably the worst player ever to kick a ball for us (if he ever got round to even doing that)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

That's Dave the Ukranian :thumbsup2:

Started his first game up at Recs, Alloa (the coldest I think I've ever been at a game). A few minutes into the game he rugby tackled an Alloa player and got booked. Don't think he appeared in the second half.

Arguably the worst player ever to kick a ball for us (if he ever got round to even doing that)

Much better than a jumble of number and stats, cheers issy :D

I'm guessing there wasn't much else to write home about.

That's the guy. Dave the Ukranian. The coldest night ever experienced watching the Jags. The only highlight of the whole night to take our hands out of our pockets on that frostbiten experience. I remember even the hot pies were totally frozen and the bovril being lukewarm. I think he was eventually Quitongo that night.

• Members

Hmmm. I have a vague recollection of the rugby tackle during an evening game against Alloa, but I've only been to Alloa for a summer friendly game! Are you guys maybe getting this mixed up with a game at Firhill?

Just thinking, it may not even have been an evening game but a Winter game were it was already dark and 'Dave' had come on as a late sub.

Edited by Willjag

Hmmm. I have a vague recollection of the rugby tackle during an evening game against Alloa, but I've only been to Alloa for a summer friendly game! Are you guys maybe getting this mixed up with a game at Firhill?

Given the cold that night anything is possible even hallucinations but I'm still certain that was the night of the rugby tackle, Will. :thumbsup2:

It was a very cold midweek game at Alloa at the very end of February, we lost 2-1 with McConalogue scoring late on. It was definitely the night of Dave doing the rugby tackle and he had come on as a sub and we had 20 people on the Jordanhill bus that night. A memorable night indeed :thinking:

Just re-discovered this gem of a match report from Neil Martin HERE

and according to soccerbase Dave made three subsequent Jags appearances coming on as a sub not earlier than the 86th minute in each case. A true enigma was Dave.

Incidentally the Recs game also marked the debut for the Jags for none other than Jose Quitongo who also made a subsequent appearance and again against Alloa on April Fools Day.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It was a very cold midweek game at Alloa at the very end of February, we lost 2-1 with McConalogue scoring late on. It was definitely the night of Dave doing the rugby tackle and he had come on as a sub and we had 20 people on the Jordanhill bus that night. A memorable night indeed :thinking:

Still have nightmares over how cold that night was in Alloa (even my light saber froze), and coupled with the debut of Dave the Ukranian Plumber who only got to wear a Jags shirt courtesy of writing to Mikhail'll Fix It to fulfill his fantasy to be a footballer for a month, will mean this match will forever be engrained in my memory as one of the most miserable experiences i have ever had watching the Jags.

this match will forever be engrained in my memory as one of the most miserable experiences i have ever had watching the Jags.

That's a legendary game.Those that were there always talk about it.

Special mention also to those few hundred supporters who braved the bitter cold to stand and watch that utter rubbish!

STATS

Attendance: 675

Scorers: McConalogue 37 (PTh); R Hamilton 8, Brown 30 (All)

Remember this game it was just after the cup defeat to hearts at tynecastle were we should have at least drawn the game. it was so cold think i had 3 teas and 3 bovrils during it. i remember when we scored all i could do was shout yeah was to cold and didnt want to take my hands from jacket pockets.

Just thinking, it may not even have been an evening game but a Winter game were it was already dark and 'Dave' had come on as a late sub.

Yup, it was Alloa, brass monkeys were looking for welders and the Bovril had ice cubes floating in it. Dave the Ukranian had been built up as something special, and he was - special needs I think. We lost 2-0, 2-1? I went to the game with a pal from Alloa, and he took me to a pub afterwards and Alan Maitland popped in later. I think I suggested that we would take him if the Board came to its collective senses and binned the Bunnet. I hope that I was drunk and rambling, but probably hypothermic.

Taffthejag