Next Seasons Strip

macca

What`s the likelyhood of the new strip being out before i go on holiday in July ? I would like to be able to buy it to wear over the summer ,however for some reason we`ve seemed to bypass the summer market in favour of October before the release of our strips.In my opinion we lose out in potential early revenue.I have noticed some clubs parading their new strips before the season has ended this strikes me as a far better marketing plan and may boost sales.Thoughts?

What`s the likelyhood of the new strip being out before i go on holiday in July ? I would like to be able to buy it to wear over the summer ,however for some reason we`ve seemed to bypass the summer market in favour of October before the release of our strips.In my opinion we lose out in potential early revenue.I have noticed some clubs parading their new strips before the season has ended this strikes me as a far better marketing plan and may boost sales.Thoughts?

The last 2 home strips have been summer releases, the latest one was released in the first week of July last year. The Club has already stated the new home kit will be released in early June.

Is the design of the new strip a mystery, or have I missed its 'unveiling' on the OS? Genuine question btw.

There's been a few descriptions banding about wether they were leaked info or pure guess work I have no idea, you haven't missed anything official.

Last I heard, new home strip will be unveiled end-June. I'm guessing either Retro (c.1971) or something radical and non-Thistle like. New Away strip later in the summer

Bloke in Greaves hinted that the Away top will still have some pink in it somewhere :blink:

Edit to add: Greaves are pushing the Lord Rosebury colours, wonder if that's just a coincidence ?

Edited by sandy

Last I heard, new home strip will be unveiled end-June. I'm guessing either Retro (c.1971) or something radical and non-Thistle like. New Away strip later in the summer

Bloke in Greaves hinted that the Away top will still have some pink in it somewhere :blink:

I spoke to a guy in Greaves shop at Firhill near end of season. He wouldn't give anything away regards the home top (though Beattie said at one of the open nights that the home top would always stay in traditional colours) but the away top was going to be Black with red n yellow stripe on it. He did say that an all pink one was being considered but he thought the black had got the final go ahead.

Personally I've liked the pink away tops but I don't think the last one was a great seller. Think if we are going to do anything "radical" it will be regards the away top and not the home.

I spoke to a guy in Greaves shop at Firhill near end of season. He wouldn't give anything away regards the home top (though Beattie said at one of the open nights that the home top would always stay in traditional colours) but the away top was going to be Black with red n yellow stripe on it. He did say that an all pink one was being considered but he thought the black had got the final go ahead.

Personally I've liked the pink away tops but I don't think the last one was a great seller. Think if we are going to do anything "radical" it will be regards the away top and not the home.

You could be right, Lenny. So maybe it's a 1971 Cup Final 40th Anniversary home top and a Black away strip with (perhaps) a pink candy stripe ? All pure speculation, mind you...

I really liked the first pink & grey away top, much classier than the camouflage nightmare.

You could be right, Lenny. So maybe it's a 1971 Cup Final 40th Anniversary home top and a Black away strip with (perhaps) a pink candy stripe ? All pure speculation, mind you...

I really liked the first pink & grey away top, much classier than the camouflage nightmare.

For selfish reasons I really hope it is a "71" anniversary home top. I'm 40 myself just over a month before our own anniversary.Getting "Lenny 40" on the back of it would therefore have a double meaning.Recently got "Firhill 100" on the back of my centenary top. Looks fantastic.

Your right though, all we are doing is speculating.

Hopefully not too long till wee see the tops launched.

If we are getting a 71 re-make I really hope it has no sponsor. I much prefer the last one I bought cause of the lack of sponsor on it and didn't get this seasons because it had one.

We cannot afford not to have a sponsor on the home strip. Like Lenny, I hope that the 71 strip is another anniversary strip.

I've heard it will be a 40th anniversary '71 jersey.

Hope not i think it`s horrible strip and can`t imagine it will be a great seller.The 71 strip looks more like an Albion Rovers

kit,hopefully we get stripes or hoops.

Sponsor for the team is fine but would be good to get to buy it without

That's a good point. There are some folk who would buy the strip without a sponsor's logo but not with a logo. If the aim is to maximize income then both versions should be offered, at least for some time.

That's a good point. There are some folk who would buy the strip without a sponsor's logo but not with a logo. If the aim is to maximize income then both versions should be offered, at least for some time.

That'll never happen.

no shirt sponsor will go for it (unless the top is brought out as an anniversary top and not as the first choice strip). You can just see the meeting with the new shirt sponsor. "Yeah thanks for the money but do you mind if we don't put your logo on our shirts as the fans don't like it !!!"

Your just not going to get a top without the logo on it. Our Firhill centenary top being the exception. Don't get me wrong I wish we could do it, but it just ain't gona happen.

Any way call me old fashioned.....I buy my clubs new strips because they are just that...my clubs new strips. They should be worn with pride...ALWAYS.

That'll never happen.

no shirt sponsor will go for it (unless the top is brought out as an anniversary top and not as the first choice strip). You can just see the meeting with the new shirt sponsor. "Yeah thanks for the money but do you mind if we don't put your logo on our shirts as the fans don't like it !!!"

Your just not going to get a top without the logo on it. Our Firhill centenary top being the exception. Don't get me wrong I wish we could do it, but it just ain't gona happen.

Any way call me old fashioned.....I buy my clubs new strips because they are just that...my clubs new strips. They should be worn with pride...ALWAYS.

I treasure my top from a couple of seasons ago.... the one that came out before the sponsorship deal with Ignis was done and dusted.... the one with no sponsor logo. Love it. But you're right. It's not gonna happen while we have a current sponsor.

If we are getting a 71 re-make I really hope it has no sponsor. I much prefer the last one I bought cause of the lack of sponsor on it and didn't get this seasons because it had one.

(and know of others who feel same way)

Indeed.

As for the argument of sponsors logo must be on it, charge an extra fiver for sponsor free tops, and let the supporters choose. Give the sponsors a 'refund' equal to the number of tops sold without logo's, at £5 per top.