First Division Transer News

Dark Passenger

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity about Conroy; would like to have seen him with us.

Not so sure he's that great defensively and after all he is a wide midfielder that's been played occasionally as a left back. Last season Q o S played with three at the back predominately, Conroy playing as a wingback I assume.

Think he'd have been a good shout only if we had an established left back in the squad. So I wouldn't necessary say he was ever on McNamara's radar even if we couldn't have competed with Dundee for him anyway.

That money should go to the unpaid creditors.

Football debts have supposedly got to be cleared in their entirety but you have to assume they don't have any outstanding or there would be a transfer embargo in place. That said I've no idea what the situation is with Chisholm & Dodds.

Apart from those two maybe who are the "unpaid creditors"?

Football debts have supposedly got to be cleared in their entirety but you have to assume they don't have any outstanding or there would be a transfer embargo in place. That said I've no idea what the situation is with Chisholm & Dodds.

I seem to remember that Gary Harkins was listed as a creditor owed £90K. Like other creditors, did he simply accept 10% of that? Or did he tear up his playing contract with them in lieu of money owed (as agreed), to sign for the tractor drivers?

Dundee owed money to the management team, players, former players and other clubs. They also owed money to the council police and a long list of suppliers. The full list is here - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/10592/revealed-full-list-of-dundee-fc-creditors.html.

Dundee owed money to the management team, players, former players and other clubs. They also owed money to the council police and a long list of suppliers. The full list is here - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/10592/revealed-full-list-of-dundee-fc-creditors.html.

But they paid out 6p in the £ so there is no "unpaid creditors" as such. Re the player debts I think it was explained that those were projected earnings under contract rather than debt :rolleyes: .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Thats very disappointing. Now we have little cover at the back.Hopefully Jackie will address this.

Balatoni on loan perhaps but I still feel we need competent cover at right back. Paton's been out injured as it is he's likely to pick up the odd suspension and I feel he's a confidence type player that could need rested for a spell or two. I don't see the obvious cover for him. Campbell or Willie K for a game or two but not too sure over a longer period.

Balatoni on loan perhaps but I still feel we need competent cover at right back. Paton's been out injured as it is he's likely to pick up the odd suspension and I feel he's a confidence type player that could need rested for a spell or two. I don't see the obvious cover for him. Campbell or Willie K for a game or two but not too sure over a longer period.

That was the great thing about Robertson - you could play him practically in any defensive position. It will be hard, if not impossible, to get anyone else in who can do this. Basically we need 3-4 players but can only really be able to afford 2. So anyone we bring in will need to be able to cover two positions.

Peter McDonald is training with Morton apparently...rumour is he has signed for them. Him and Jackson up front would be one of the best strike forces in this division imo.

I disagree, Jackson has not scored goals for a few years now and McDonald is a good player but has never scored many goals and is injury prone. The two of them represent a very big risk.

I disagree, Jackson has not scored goals for a few years now and McDonald is a good player but has never scored many goals and is injury prone. The two of them represent a very big risk.

At first division level I think they will do well. McDonald is a risk re injuries but his goals to games ratio is pretty good IIRC, Id take him at Firhill. Was Jackson not St J's top goalscorer the season they got promoted?