• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayr - No idea.

Dundee

In - Graham Bayne (Dunfermline?)

Out - Sean Higgins (St Johnstone)

Falkirk

In - None

Out - Jamie Barclay, Michael Andrews, Robert Olejnik, Mehdi Khalis, Brian McLean, Burton O'Brien, Chris Mitchell, Carl Finnigan, Pedro Moutinho, Tam McManus,

Hamilton

In - Willie McLaren (Queen of the South)

Out - David Buchanan, Mark Carrington, David Elebert, Tom Elliot, Grant Evans (Morton), James Gibson, Andy Graham (Morton), Gary McDonald, Sean Murdoch, Gavin Skelton.

Livingston

In - None

Out - Joe Hamill (Raith Rovers), Chris Malone (Airdrie), Devon Jacobs, Craig McDowall, Mick O'Byrne, David Cowan, Rafaelle De Vita, Robbie Winters.

Morton

In - Paul Di Giacomo (Ross County), Ross Forsyth (Stirling), Andy Graham (Hamilton), Stephen McKenna (Queen of the South), Andy Jackson (St Johnstone), Grant Evans (Hamilton)

Out - Kevin McKinlay, David McGregor, Graeme Holmes, Kevin Cuthbert, Stewart Kean, Darren Young, Derek Lyle (Barlinnie), Allan Jenkins (Ballymena), Brian Graham (Raith Rovers), Carlo Monti, Kevin Kelbie (Glenavon).

Queen of the South

In - None

Out - David Hutton, Bob Harris, Ryan McGuffie, Allan Johnston, Rocco Quinn, Neil Scally, David Weatherston, Paul Burns (Dunfermline), Derek Holmes, David Lilley, Stephen McKenna (Morton), Willie McLaren (Hamilton), Colin McMenamin (Ross County).

Raith Rovers

In - Joe Hamill (Livingston), Brian Graham (Morton)

Out - Mark Campbell, Mark Ferry, Stephen Simmons, Gregory Tade, Andy McNeil, Gary Wales, Grahan Weir

Ross County

In - Colin McMenamin (Queen of the South), Grant Munro (Inverness), Russell Duncan (Inverness)

Out - Paul Di Giacomo (Ross County), Steven Milne, Michael McGovern, Andy Barrowman, Darren Smith

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Kevin McKinlay released by Morton.

A left-footed player who, while not great, can do a job in defence or further upfield on the left wing.

Worth another contract at Firhill?

I'd rather take a punt on Gregory Tade.

Serious intent from Moore? Really?

Paul Di Giacomo is a player most Ross County fans are delighted is away, Ross Forsyth is a part time player who although one of Stirling's better players was part of an awful defence, Andy Graham could be a decent signing and Stephen McKenna is nowhere near as good a player as Jenkins who he will be replacing in midfield. The only one of their signings who looks like a player who could be part of a title winning side is Andy Jackson and even then they need to hope he doesn't continue to get injured.

It seems to me he's replaced dross with players around the same level and lost their player of the year.

Serious intent from Moore? Really?

Paul Di Giacomo is a player most Ross County fans are delighted is away, Ross Forsyth is a part time player who although one of Stirling's better players was part of an awful defence, Andy Graham could be a decent signing and Stephen McKenna is nowhere near as good a player as Jenkins who he will be replacing in midfield. The only one of their signings who looks like a player who could be part of a title winning side is Andy Jackson and even then they need to hope he doesn't continue to get injured.

It seems to me he's replaced dross with players around the same level and lost their player of the year.

It looks like a case of "They can't be any worse than what we already had."

Ayr - No idea.

Dundee

In - Graham Bayne (Dunfermline?)

Out - Sean Higgins (St Johnstone)

Falkirk

In - None

Out - Jamie Barclay, Michael Andrews, Robert Olejnik, Mehdi Khalis, Brian McLean, Burton O'Brien, Chris Mitchell, Carl Finnigan, Pedro Moutinho, Tam McManus,

Hamilton

In - Willie McLaren (Queen of the South)

Out - David Buchanan, Mark Carrington, David Elebert, Tom Elliot, Grant Evans (Morton), James Gibson, Andy Graham (Morton), Gary McDonald, Sean Murdoch, Gavin Skelton.

Livingston

In - None

Out - Joe Hamill (Raith Rovers), Chris Malone (Airdrie), Devon Jacobs, Craig McDowall, Mick O'Byrne, David Cowan, Rafaelle De Vita, Robbie Winters.

Morton

In - Paul Di Giacomo (Ross County), Ross Forsyth (Stirling), Andy Graham (Hamilton), Stephen McKenna (Queen of the South), Andy Jackson (St Johnstone), Grant Evans (Hamilton)

Out - Kevin McKinlay, David McGregor, Graeme Holmes, Kevin Cuthbert, Stewart Kean, Darren Young, Derek Lyle (Barlinnie), Allan Jenkins (Ballymena), Brian Graham (Raith Rovers), Carlo Monti, Kevin Kelbie (Glenavon).

Queen of the South

In - None

Out - David Hutton, Bob Harris, Ryan McGuffie, Allan Johnston, Rocco Quinn, Neil Scally, David Weatherston, Paul Burns (Dunfermline), Derek Holmes, David Lilley, Stephen McKenna (Morton), Willie McLaren (Hamilton), Colin McMenamin (Ross County).

Raith Rovers

In - Joe Hamill (Livingston), Brian Graham (Morton)

Out - Mark Campbell, Mark Ferry, Stephen Simmons, Gregory Tade, Andy McNeil, Gary Wales, Grahan Weir

Ross County

In - Colin McMenamin (Queen of the South), Grant Munro (Inverness), Russell Duncan (Inverness)

Out - Paul Di Giacomo (Ross County), Steven Milne, Michael McGovern, Andy Barrowman, Darren Smith

If money was no problem I'd take all the players in bold. Sadly, however, it is.

Edited by Santana

Bob Harris could be a suitable replacement for Paddy Boyle. 10 goals in 106 appearances for Queens and he's only 23. I would not mind seeing Conroy return too. They would be ahead of McKinlay in terms of left-back options.

I would give Tam McManus a trial. Finnegan and Barrowman could be worth looking at too. However, our priority is to strengthen the defence. We can't be sure that Balatoni will return.

Edited by kni

Bob Harris could be a suitable replacement for Paddy Boyle.

Suitable? Yes. Realistic? Probably not.

In saying that, players will begin to get nervous as time ticks down on the signing period. I remember Third Lanark having a canary last season because he thought we couldn't afford Eddie Malone. I'm sure he didn't expect him to end up at Ayr.

In saying that, players will begin to get nervous as time ticks down on the signing period. I remember Third Lanark having a canary last season because he thought we couldn't afford Eddie Malone. I'm sure he didn't expect him to end up at Ayr.

But what alternatives will Harris have? Most teams in our division have trimmed their budgets and squads. He's a Glasgow lad too.

But what alternatives will Harris have?

You do realise there's a big, bad world outside of Glasgow and Scotland, don't you? If Paddy can secure a contract with an SPL club on the back of one good season I'd be surprised if Harris can't get something better, be that north of the border or with a lower-league English side having consistently been among the First Division's best players for a few years.

Bob Harris could be a suitable replacement for Paddy Boyle. 10 goals in 106 appearances for Queens and he's only 23. I would not mind seeing Conroy return too. They would be ahead of McKinlay in terms of left-back options.

I would give Tam McManus a trial. Finnegan and Barrowman could be worth looking at too. However, our priority is to strengthen the defence. We can't be sure that Balatoni will return.

Well said, Im quite surprised at how many people rave on about McKinlay, he was distinctly average at best. If he had really been any good then neither us, Ross County or Morton would have released him

I have a canary on here about a lot of things, dont worry you will soon get used to it ;)

By the way a lot of Ayr fans seem to think he was a great signing for them

By the way a lot of Ayr fans seem to think he was a great signing for them

I don't doubt that. What I'm saying, though, is that we shouldn't get wound up in what we think other clubs are capabale of paying players or what the players themselves are looking for. There are loads - north and south of the border - looking for clubs. The time will come when they'll have to lower their expectations. Saying that, I still believe Harris will be fixed up with something better sooner rather than later. Same goes for Tade.