Challenge Cup Draw

Dark Passenger

Such is the commercial appeal of this stupid cup we're financially better off with an away game providing it's to a ground nearby. :(

Hope we play the youngsters.

You know I've spent quite a lot of wasted minutes trying to find out the financial details of the the new sponsorship (Ramsdens) and can't find a thing. If this was a big improvement on the old Alba sponsorship you'd reckon the SFL would be shouting it from the rooftops but there's no mention of the money clubs are going to get for participating in this.

My guess would be that Alba are transferring the cash they used to give for showing the cup into a deal for league highlights and Ramsden's are coming in with more or less the same deal for the cup that we had from Alba these last few years. Which means it will still be as rubbish a deal (or only slightly better) as we had before.

I didn't mind this from Alba who are a very minor public service and can't afford much but a private, wealthy company coming in should be offering a much better deal. Not necessarily a great deal, it's an obscure cup, but at least enough so clubs aren't losing and might do OK reaching the final stages. (As opposed to needing to win it not to lose out). I might be proved wrong here but I feel they'd be telling us if it was a much better deal money wise.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Also the return of Eric Paton, Stevie Murray, Campbell Hughes and Brown McMaster.

A wee song for him, with acknowledgement to Midnight Oil:

The time has come

To say fair's fair

You came and went

Pay back the shares

The time has come

And that's a fact

They belong to us

So give them back.