Robbo

taffthejag

The Glaswegian has an article on Robbo which confirms that he has left the club and is sending his CV around elsewhere. :(

Very sad news. I still believe he had at least another good season in him, and wouldn't have been asking the earth in wages. :(

What will be will be and all that. But, I'd personally like to say a very big thank to John Robertson for all he did at Firhill in his time with us. A very good player for us and someone who wore the red'n'yella with great pride, never giving less than 100% effort to the cause.

All the very best for the future, John. You've been a true Jag and I'll remember you fondly for a long time. Good kuck in whatever you do next.

Yeah I thought the out of contract players situation was quite clear.

McGeogh and Stevenson were told they were no longer required at the club.

The rest - Robbo, Hodge, Lochead, the situation was being monitored over the summer but Jackie wanted to resign some if not all of them. Of course some other club could come in for them and in the end that would be our loss. Flannigan has been offered a deal but we are awaiting to here if he'll sign it. Boyle left for Dunfermline.

From what I've read, nothing has changed.

Yeah I thought the out of contract players situation was quite clear.

McGeogh and Stevenson were told they were no longer required at the club.

The rest - Robbo, Hodge, Lochead, the situation was being monitored over the summer but Jackie wanted to resign some if not all of them. Of course some other club could come in for them and in the end that would be our loss. Flannigan has been offered a deal but we are awaiting to here if he'll sign it. Boyle left for Dunfermline.

From what I've read, nothing has changed.

Stevenson has a signed a new one-year deal - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/june_2011/latest_contract_update

"Colin Stevenson (May 2012)" That's the same page that you accused me of not reading!

Stevenson has a signed a new one-year deal - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/june_2011/latest_contract_update

"Colin Stevenson (May 2012)" That's the same page that you accused me of not reading!

Ok, fair enough. There were 2 who were told they were no longer required and would not be getting offered a new deal. McGeogh was one. At time of replying to this I can't remember the name of the other. Mistakenly I thought it was Stevenson.

Ok, fair enough. There were 2 who were told they were no longer required and would not be getting offered a new deal. McGeogh was one. At time of replying to this I can't remember the name of the other. Mistakenly I thought it was Stevenson.

Just checked...shepherd. Well it started with "S" !!

It was McGeough & Shepherd.

As said elsewhere Robbo hasn't been released. He's out of contract and there's nothing in the Glaswegian article to indicate that McNamara won't still offer him a deal. As I posted earlier it looks unlikely if Hearts agree to loan out Balatoni. But if that doesn't go thru who knows Robbo may be re-signed.

It was McGeough & Shepherd.

As said elsewhere Robbo hasn't been released. He's out of contract and there's nothing in the Glaswegian article to indicate that McNamara won't still offer him a deal. As I posted earlier it looks unlikely if Hearts agree to loan out Balatoni. But if that doesn't go thru who knows Robbo may be re-signed.

I'll add that I'd be shocked if Jackie never explained the situation to robbo and the other out of contract players. In saying that it doesn't take away the stress that these guys will be under as they are currently out of employment and as robbo states, like the rest of us they have bills to pay.

I still think he will be offered a deal albeit at a reduced wage. He can cover both full-back positions and has played left centre back. Given that Archie has had injury problems before we need cover.

I've always been a fan of Robbo and he has served the club very well. At 35, however, if we get the option of someone younger then it may be worth looking elsewhere.In saying that he still looks to be in good shape and could have a season left in him.

Agree regards Archie.....the last 2 or 3 years he has been injury prone and we may need cover for him. Another thing to factor in is that Paton, Kinniburgh and Archie have all been prone to bookings and or red cards.

I would be disappointed if we were not to re-sign Robbo.

He has been a very solid and reliable defender for us. If he does go, then I can only wish him well - well with the exception of any games against us - as he has been great for us. I think we could miss him, particularly if we get off to a similar start as last season. I'm not sure the promising bunch of the youngsters we have will be able to get us out of it.

Thankfully we have managed to keep hold of Rowser and Foxy or we would very probably be facing a big struggle!

I would be disappointed if we were not to re-sign Robbo.

He has been a very solid and reliable defender for us. If he does go, then I can only wish him well - well with the exception of any games against us - as he has been great for us. I think we could miss him, particularly if we get off to a similar start as last season. I'm not sure the promising bunch of the youngsters we have will be able to get us out of it.

Thankfully we have managed to keep hold of Rowser and Foxy or we would very probably be facing a big struggle!

Was he not involved in these games though then we got a terrible start :thinking:

I think Lennythistle has a good point though if guys like Neil McHregor, Higgins are available they are young but still have plenty of experience in them and probably more faster than Robbo.

He has been a great servant to the club over the years and I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Was he not involved in these games though then we got a terrible start :thinking:

I think Lennythistle has a good point though if guys like Neil McHregor, Higgins are available they are young but still have plenty of experience in them and probably more faster than Robbo.

He has been a great servant to the club over the years and I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

I've always been a fan of Robbo and he has served the club very well. At 35, however, if we get the option of someone younger then it may be worth looking elsewhere.In saying that he still looks to be in good shape and could have a season left in him.

Agree regards Archie.....the last 2 or 3 years he has been injury prone and we may need cover for him. Another thing to factor in is that Paton, Kinniburgh and Archie have all been prone to bookings and or red cards.

The biggest problem is that we do not have cover for Archie/Lindsay on the left side of the defence. When Boyle was struggling initially, Archie played at left-back. Lindsay is unproven and this is the area that Jackie must address first

Yesterday's Evening times interview with Jackie, gave the clearest indication yet that he wants to retain Robbo. Also refreshing to hear that he understands Robbo has a family to think about and that he won't mess him about. I've already stated that if we could get someone in a bit younger it may be worth doing but Robbo has been a great servant to the club and I would be more than happy to see him as a jags player for another season.

To be honest, Robbo is no' very good. He's a good lad and all that, but he's going downhill rapidly from his heyday of three or four seasons ago. He's been beasted by Weatherson of QOS, was involved in the Hinchy passback debacle at EEP and his default position with the ball at his feet is now (as if it was any different) the big hump up the park. If Jaggy Mac is trying to build a team that plays fitba' a la Barcelona then Robbo is not the answer, even as a stopgap. As my son said, watching him last year, "he's no Gerard Piquet".

To be honest, Robbo is no' very good. He's a good lad and all that, but he's going downhill rapidly from his heyday of three or four seasons ago. He's been beasted by Weatherson of QOS, was involved in the Hinchy passback debacle at EEP and his default position with the ball at his feet is now (as if it was any different) the big hump up the park. If Jaggy Mac is trying to build a team that plays fitba' a la Barcelona then Robbo is not the answer, even as a stopgap. As my son said, watching him last year, "he's no Gerard Piquet".

This.