Puns

Tom Stronach

What a load of bollocks. I agree with the sentiments behind Tom's post, even if I don't agree with the way he's voiced his opinion. No offence intended to those who run the site, but I think it's pretty clear it's not as popular as the last two messageboards. The last thing it needs are factors that push users away. I think the puns that are popping up with more and more regularity are in danger of doing that. God knows how the site administrators deal with it, if they intend to, that is, but being critical of it shouldn't lead other posters to suggest others would be better seeking their football fix elsewhere.

Think you have your answer as to what admin are going to do.

Think when you refer to your fellow supporters as cretins, half wits (just for trying to have a laugh) while you use an avatar that many find offensive, people are entitled to have a go back.

He wants those who post puns banned, yet seems to think it's acceptable to have such an avatar, that he surely knows is going to get a reaction on here. Many a time it has been brought up yet he ignores the requests to remove it.

As for the site not being as popular, why is that? Just a guess but may have a lot to do with so many negative postings about the club and all associated with it, as it has to do with guys making a few jokes. could also have something to do with over the last ten years or so we have for whatever reason seen a decline in the jags support.....and no one has yet found an answer as to how we get them back.

Fine with me but could we also ban offensive avatars? That's just a general request as I can't think of anyone that would be that half'witted or cretinous to have one.

Yeh, quite right, because using the name and image of some poor old soul driven to suicide after being convicted of shoplifting is all very tasteful.

Aye, you get a rerr view from the moral high ground.

Yeh, quite right, because using the name and image of some poor old soul driven to suicide after being convicted of shoplifting is all very tasteful.

Haha, another car crash of a thread, first we have a cop killer lover asking for people to be baned for the shocking crime of making up a few puns now we have a poster trying to score a point by transfering/misunderstanding the word offensive and the word tasteless. WE NEED SUMMER FITBA!!!!!!

Everyone should have their own name and an avator which shows their face...that would make for a 'fun' matchday experience :evil:

Edited by Steven H

So avatars of the likes of Hemmingway, Cobain, Hunter S Thompson would drag the poster down to the level of having one of a low life cop killer?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Think this is probably the best solution to keep everyone happy. So from now on - please keep puns to the general chat section and leave the main jags forum for Thistle related stuff and other football topics.

We don't want to make a big issue about this and don't have a major problem with the puns. But as has already been mentioned, the problem comes when threads are ruined by pun jokes. If it continues we will end up with a forum full of pun jokes rather than discussion about Thistle - which is what the forum is here for.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please keep it friendly. You may not like some members using puns but that does not give you the right to start making abusive comments about them. That is what will get you banned - not making pun jokes.

Cheers

Fair enough. No more bird puns from me, but only beakause Admin. put it so nicely.

Fair enough. No more bird puns from me, but only beakause Admin. put it so nicely.

:lol::) now go to the naughty step, or the pun police will get you, do you think they would do this at a game? one section for the "punners" (if thats a word), wisecrackers, that we hear constantly throughout a game,and a seperate section for the "non punners"?