Egm

stolenscone

Cynic.

But what do the Outsiders (Hughes/McMasters/Springfords) do with their votes this time around? They used them to mug Jim Alexander off the board (perhaps with the help of David Beattie - I don't think he ever got open and honest enough to say how he voted on that one) but Hughes and Cowan don't seem to be living it up in hospitality the same as before so where do their interests lie now? Will we see them get the old gang together again to vote this down and give Beattie and Allan a wee slap in the chops? Or will they meekly play ball with the Propco juggernaut, in which pie some of them do have a financial finger or two?

Since Hughes, McMaster and the Trust were all gifted their shares, in Brown McMaster's words "to preserve the future of Partick Thistle Football Club", you'd have to wonder what would motivate them to allow any measure to go through that sees the football club become increasingly at the mercy of a property company They very thing they set out to protect us from 12 years ago.

I'm sure they'll do what's for the best, though. Smart businessmen and Thistle-minded through and through.

(Sorry, I forgot Eddie Prentice. It's easily done. :blush: )

he was the host and mc on saturday

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's interested, Dundee are also going through spasms of custodian angst at present. In this case their Trust ownership of the club looks set to last all of three months as they seem about to vote to allow more shares to be sold and dilute their 51% ownership to below 50.

Anyway, back to us. I've given up on all of this, for the simple reason that there is nothing on God's earth that I can do about it. I sometimes wish for a swift death for Thistle so that I can spend my entry money on a Sky subscription and start watching some decent crap football from Venezuela or Azerbaijan.

I have some real fears about this, my gut tells me if this goes through we will have no ground in 2 - 3 yrs max, this propco is NOT for the good of the club but for the pockets of some "thistle minded" directors

Agree, dont think propco have got "Thistles" interest in all this, they are there for their own good and what they can get out of it/us

The funny thing is when you read people's views on here, they think FIFA's corrupt, they think UEFA's corrupt, they think the SFA is incompetent, the SPL is out to kill off the rest of the Scottish game, that the SFL is almost doing that for them, the Old Firm are evil, refs are biased and incompetent, police at the game are thugs and bullies, stewards are little Hitlers, journalists are turds, TV money comes from the devil, the Jags Trust are a disgrace, as are fans on the internet (all of which is probably more or less true)...but if a guy you don't know from Adam joins the board of the club and he's got a few quid (which he didn't make by investing in loss-making ventures like low-level football), most folk are happy to let them run riot because "why would they do it if they weren't Thistle-minded".

And that's why they get away with it.

The funny thing is when you read people's views on here, they think FIFA's corrupt, they think UEFA's corrupt, they think the SFA is incompetent, the SPL is out to kill off the rest of the Scottish game, that the SFL is almost doing that for them, the Old Firm are evil, refs are biased and incompetent, police at the game are thugs and bullies, stewards are little Hitlers, journalists are turds, TV money comes from the devil, the Jags Trust are a disgrace, as are fans on the internet (all of which is probably more or less true)...but if a guy you don't know from Adam joins the board of the club and he's got a few quid (which he didn't make by investing in loss-making ventures like low-level football), most folk are happy to let them run riot because "why would they do it if they weren't Thistle-minded".

Horribly accurate. And we did know Adam <_<

What are we splashing money on?

We have a cheap option manager who`s compliant because he`s been given a shot at the managerial roundabout and a budget(?) to fill the team with nonentities.

I said weeks ago that the club`s stated signing policy was a deliberate measure to induce apathy and that this could/would profit those directors who had dual responsibility with propco.

I`m not apathetic, I`m blazing mad and have been for weeks.

What are we splashing money on?

We have a cheap option manager who`s compliant because he`s been given a shot at the managerial roundabout and a budget(?) to fill the team with nonentities.

I said weeks ago that the club`s stated signing policy was a deliberate measure to induce apathy and that this could/would profit those directors who had dual responsibility with propco.

I`m not apathetic, I`m blazing mad and have been for weeks.

Sorry, HJ, but when you draw a correlation between all this propco stuff and the current team/squad/management situation you're heading in the wrong direction. If you believe McNamara/Donnelly are a cheap option it's fair to assume we could've afforded a more established and thus more expensive management team (a dearer option). So paying out more for our management should logically leave us with even less of a player budget and thus less equipped to sign and staff our playing squad with anything other than what you categorise as nonentities.

I too hold rather sceptical opinions on the intentions of propco but those opinions would be even more cynical if those in power were seen to be not addressing the dire state of our football finances.

and why nothing will be done at the egm and why there will be another thread like this the next time. if there's a next time left of course.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

HMRC?

Gary Harkins?

Chris Honor?

Robert Dunn?

John McGoldrick?

In fact, got it now,

Still haven't paid Johnny Blom's goal bonus. Interest accruing!