Just In...

jagscast

I do agree but just as I was reading your post I was watching Suarez of Liverpool stick his penalty about 6 foot over the bar. :D

Surely your ladyship isn't suggesting that some player down south has to be better just because he's foreign and didn't come from the Juniors like Doolan? :D

We were a disgrace today. I hope Archibald is dropped for the next few games. Our major problem is the almost religious views that Archibald, Paton and Rowson are held in.

Eh? I'll freely admit that I'm a tactical diddy who needs specs. I thought Archie was really holding the line by doing his thou shall not pass and bulldozer stuff. Maybe I should go and manage a pub team and learn some tactics. Dunno really, I'll leave it to the experts I suppose.

Edited by alx

Archie started poorly but had a good 2nd half, imo. Rowson is one of, if not our best player. I'd happily have Campbell in over Paton at RB for a few games.

Robertson was not bad, but it's obvious that he's not a great footballer. He'll do a good honest job, but after that he's struggling. He was knackered come the end of the game & should have been subbed for Burns (why have him on the bench if he's never going to get on?)

I'd have Bannigan in midfield over Robertson, Fraser over Grehan/Burns & Campbell over Flannigan (or Paton).

Lindsay had a good game on Tuesday, but putting 2 defenders on the bench was a waste as the chance of using 1, nevermind 2, are small.

Absolute crap yesterday, again like Dundee game, we were passed off the pitch in the first half. Falkirk easily outclassed us, so frustrating. We didn't chase the runners, and Archie and Kinniburgh had a nightmare.

Paton and Sinclair launched numerous balls into the channels, but no runners.

Tommy Stewart - looking very much like we could have saved a wage and just played Donnelly, lovely touch, classy looking player, but ultimately, no pace, no threat, no penetration, no use.

Doolan played well I thought, great goal, holds it up well. Should obviously have hit the target at penalty though.

Cairney played well, good on the ball, was a good performance. Sinclair looks excellent, he won't be here next season if he keeps improving.

I know it's only the middle of august, but I'm fed up of this pish, we can't just start a season well can we? Let alone a season, starting a game well would be a start.

Still think if we get a body or 2 in, we can have a top half season, but nothing more.

What does it say for Keiran Burns if he couldn't get on yesterday when Stewart was as anonymous as he was.

Although, it is a touch early to start with great weeping and gnashing of teeth: it is concerning to say the least to go four games on the trot without anything to show for it, like winning losing can rapidly become a habit, This is how all our relegation seasons are marked ie,e, narrow defeats to the more fancied teams, followed swiftly by defeats from the "diddy" teams in short order. It does not get any easier with Hamilton our next opponents, if we take nothing from that game then my teeth will get rady to gnash! Mind you, I realy and truly don't blame the Manager. he's got hee-haw money, I defy anyone to make a serious, constructive proposition to the status quo.

Edited by stillresigned

Doolan's penalty - inexcusable for a Striker not to hit the target from a penalty.

It's easy to hit the target from a penalty. Finding a corner, with enough pace and placement to beat a goalkeeper's dive/reach is the more difficult part, the closer to the post the harder it is to save, that's why sometimes it goes wrong. Fine lines and all that.

He didn't look great, is this a case of, he's foreign so must be better than Scottish guys?

Erm, no, it's a case of saying the guy looks like a decent player because...he's a decent player. Won everything in the air (and he isn't the tallest), harried our defenders, linked up well with his strike partner and scored.

What's all this moaning about strikers about? Doolan was top scorer last season, and is obviously a class act. Stewart actually looks pretty sharp too.

Aye, four goals in five games is reflective of a potent strike-force. The bit in bold is evidence that you live in cloud cuckoo land.

He didn't look great, is this a case of, he's foreign so must be better than Scottish guys?

Not at all. He's scored as many goals this season as our whole team have. I've heard from a few people that he's looked impressive but you're in a better position to comment on his performance yesterday seeing as I wasn't at the game.

Regardless of where you stand re the "our strikers are not good enough" argument whoever has seen our competitive games this season will know that insufficient chances have come their way. Stewart imo looked OK yesterday and Doolan always has a first touch to justify his selection.

Regardless of how shaky Robertson was in the first half yesterday I don't think the midfield defensive side is in any way a worry.

No one can surely say our strikers are missing chance after chance so it's fair to say our major weakness is in attacking midfield. Ironically we're not short in numbers in that area so are we really going to add to those numbers? According to McNamara he's looking at a couple of additional signings plus McCann. I'll be interested to hear about the quality of those two prospective signings.

By my logic signing whoever they are will either be adding to an area of the squad where we're reasonably proficient or adding to an area of the squad where we're not short in numbers.

Regardless of where you stand re the "our strikers are not good enough" argument whoever has seen our competitive games this season will know that insufficient chances have come their way. Stewart imo looked OK yesterday and Doolan always has a first touch to justify his selection.

Regardless of how shaky Robertson was in the first half yesterday I don't think the midfield defensive side is in any way a worry.

No one can surely say our strikers are missing chance after chance so it's fair to say our major weakness is in attacking midfield. Ironically we're not short in numbers in that area so are we really going to add to those numbers? According to McNamara he's looking at a couple of additional signings plus McCann. I'll be interested to hear about the quality of those two prospective signings.

By my logic signing whoever they are will either be adding to an area of the squad where we're reasonably proficient or adding to an area of the squad where we're not short in numbers.

Agree with you about Doolan he is a class striker, the only slight problem now is that some of the teams realise how dangerous he is and are perhaps putting 2-3 players on him.

Regarding Stewart Jackie said during the summer he had 2 main signings he wanted to make one being Rowson (he got this spot on) the other being Stewart. IMO Stewart has done next to nothing since his re signing to justify being seen as a great signing and I for one thought he was going to be a great signing (not for the first time I seem to have been wrong). Against Stenhousemuir he was rank rotten, however he got a really good goal so I was more than happy to overlook his performance. However in the next 4 games and in complete contrast to Doolan who always gives 100% and is always putting in a complete shift, Stewart seems completely half hearted in his attitude, almost seems to only try when he can be bothered, wont go chasing balls and seems sometimes to be out for a stroll - he seems to forget that he is paid to try all the time, Kris Doolan certainly does its about time Tommy took a leaf out of his book.