Hypothetical Question

east lothian jag

Hypothetical question...You win the lottery tonight, you do what most people would do, clear all debts, help family out, move house, buy cars etc, etc, you are are jags fan, you have lots of cash to spend, we are, as everyone is aware of, having a shitty start to the season, bottom of the league, no points, :angry: What do you do with the money you want to invest (donate) to the club?

Remove the board, or even some of them?

Sack the manager, get someone in with more experience, with the promise of investments into the playing squad, or would Jackie do alright with a decent playing budget?

Invest in the playing squad?

Buy the club, clear all debt?

Reduce admission prices?

Change the caterers!!

Move away from Firhill?

Fingers crossed for tonight!!

I am amazed given the POOPCO senario that flogging the whole of Firhill hasnt been on the agenda. I have been going to the old ground for 50 years and as much as it would upset me to leave the ground, I really think its the only way forward. Flog the whole lot, get a bit of ground, hopefully still near the area (dont ask me where!!) and build a 5/6000 capacity 4 sided stadium. Firhill is a mess. The JHS is too big for the usual 2000/2500 fans, the main stand is finished and the city end is a disgrace. Flog the lot, build a new stadium and hopefully use any excess to clear the debt and give the manager a better budget. I know it aint the best of times to suggest this but I honestly think this board are pushing us close to the edge with their non investment and I really think we are going to be flirting with Div 2 football this season

Edited by Lindau

I am amazed given the POOPCO senario that flogging the whole of Firhill hasnt been on the agenda. I have been going to the old ground for 50 years and as much as it would upset me to leave the ground, I really think its the only way forward. Flog the whole lot, get a bit of ground, hopefully still near the area (dont ask me where!!) and build a 5/6000 capacity 4 sided stadium. Firhill is a mess. The JHS is too big for the usual 2000/2500 fans, the main stand is finished and the city end is a disgrace. Flog the lot, build a new stadium and hopefully use any excess to clear the debt and give the manager a better budget. I know it aint the best of times to suggest this but I honestly think this board are pushing us close to the edge with their non investment and I really think we are going to be flirting with Div 2 football this season

You make it sound so easy, but it isn't possible. Nobody wants to buy it and even if they did Im not sure it would bring in enough money to build another stadium.

Sadly,I agree with all of this. Every season sees a further decline in the stature of Partick Thistle and only something radical,(not the POOPCO scenario) will save us from extinction.

You make it sound so easy, but it isn't possible. Nobody wants to buy it and even if they did Im not sure it would bring in enough money to build another stadium.

Hey, I know it isnt easy but a decision should have been taken a few years ago when the economy was in a far better state. Why did we start selling off parts of the ground to clear debt....we should have went the whole hog, cleared the debt and built a far smaller stadium. Similar to what St Mirren did

Hey, I know it isnt easy but a decision should have been taken a few years ago when the economy was in a far better state. Why did we start selling off parts of the ground to clear debt....we should have went the whole hog, cleared the debt and built a far smaller stadium. Similar to what St Mirren did

I could be wrong but I think that was the original plan, but could not get the investors ergo we Propco became plan B, or was it plan F?

I have two ways to go on this

1/ Give Jackie a million for players.He signs 3 out of contract, gives them 3 year contracts and pays them 1500k per week,1 gets seriously injured,1 turns out to be not very good and the other does you a turn.After 3 years the players are out of contract and leave, we are still in the 1st,crowds have not improved and the million's gone.

2/Give the club a million to reduce admission for 3 years to to £10 per game on our average crowds,after one year gates are up by 500 per game,therefore Jags profit by 5k per game making aprox 100k profit in one season and 300k in 3 years.Jags enter SPL with at least 300k to spend.Jags in top 3. Easy

Things to do if I won the lottery

1. Consult financial advisor.

2. Quit my job.

3. Keep my gob shut about which football team I support.

I get that. If I won, say, 10 mill I'd keep quiet (unlike the Largs couple) then (I like to think) give a sizeable wad to the club, maybe wipe out the o/d, but no publicity. That's only going to lead to other supporters shouting at you to give more and more until I'm signing on again. Investing in a football club is throwing money down a dark hole, never to be seen again. Wiping out the o/d would buy some influence though, so I'd do my best to get rid of Propco.

Dream on....

I could be wrong but I think that was the original plan, but could not get the investors ergo we Propco became plan B, or was it plan F?

Selling the ground for development purposes and moving elsewhere to an excellent alternative site was put to the board a good few years ago now but it was rejected by the board.

Actually, to describe it as rejected would be over-egging the situation and suggest it was looked at in any great detail.

It was an ideal scheme at an ideal time (all before the current economic crisis) but the short-sightedness of the board (and, in particular, one person on the board who essentially blocked it from a more considered review) meant it went no further.

Looking back, that's beginning to look like the one off chance when it might all have worked out fine. Since then, anything proposed has been either unworkable or tainted by compromise.

Think if I won multi millions on the lottery I'd let it slip I was a Dundee fan.

Just for the fun of it. :thumbsup2:

Sitting in his luxury holiday apartment in Spain, Dundee fan and former Largs resident, Colin Weir, starts to worry that his joke at the expense of Partick Thistle fans is about to be exposed... :secret:

Edited by Norman