Shaun Fraser

HeedBaba

IMO not ready yet, with our fans being so impatient, he could lose confidence if things go wrong. Bring him in on the odd occasion, when things are going well.

Having watched him in the Celtic XI he looks more than ready & what he done do Josh Thompson. He has more than a presence than Doolan and Stewart put together

Having watched him in the Celtic XI he looks more than ready & what he done do Josh Thompson. He has more than a presence than Doolan and Stewart put together

You asked for opinions mate, I gave you mine, you obv rate him, you may be right, hope you are and I'm wrong.

From the limited sub appearances I saw of Fraser, I can't say I'm that excited by him. I wasn't at the Celtic game right enough, but I attach no significance to friendlies anyway so doesn't really matter.

Scored a few goals off the bench, so I'm still willing to give him this season to show he can score goals in this league. Surely one of him, Burns, or McGrotty can come good for us in the next season or two?

ALLEGEDLY, Shaun has to make one or two lifestyle changes before getting a decent run in the team.

I hope he does what he needs to do as he has great potential.

Heard him remarking to someone that McNamara had told him he was too fat and needed to shed some timber before he would be considered for first team.

Did he not play rugby at a comparitively high level until a few years ago? He looks a big heavy set boy but didn't think he was too fat.

He played for The High School of Glasgow, but I think I remember him saying he didn't really like rugby. He does look a wee bit podge, but I like his style of play and hope he does put in the work to be considered for the team. I hope Burns gets a run out soon.

Did he not play rugby at a comparitively high level until a few years ago? He looks a big heavy set boy but didn't think he was too fat.

If he's too fat, then Aaron Sinclair is too thin. Surely body shape is less important than what a player can do on the park.

There may, of course, be other issues such as diet or timekeeping.

At any rate, I agree that such a sturdily-built, direct young man could be a good foil for the lightly-built Doolan.

I think he has a lot of potential but it does seem like something is up. He did look like he was carrying excess weight but I thought he would have got rid of this during the summer.

Jackie will know exactly what weight he should be.

If we can get in two strikers then sending out Fraser and Burns on loan makes good sense.

Well I played against him at football a few years in a row starting around 4 years ago, so, he still played football.

Not playing someone for being too big and strong…only at Partick Thistle.

He looked really promising coming off the bench last season, more so than Burns ever did.

I have to agree with this.

However, like others, I suspect there might be other reasons why Shaun hasn't featured as much as the likes of Bannigan/Campbell.

:thinking:

Unless he's put on weight since he was getting games at the tail end of last season this doesn't make any sense at all. From what I saw of him, his bulk (rather than podge) made him an asset in the air without compromising on basic ball control. For that to exist in a young player is something to be relatively pleased about, not to respond negatively to and turn him into yet another 5 ft something runt to send high balls to.

I'm sure he'd be fine coming off the bench but Jackie has to think in terms of a forward getting injured early on. No use having a sub who's not entirely fit and not able to give his best over a longer period. Not saying that's relevant to SF more a general comment.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Opinions on Shaun Fraser ? Why isn't he getting a chance when he ripped Celtic defence apart

Shaun Fraser has lost 1 stone over the summer

Toot toot. Blowing Shaun's trumpet since 9 August.

ALLEGEDLY, Shaun has to make one or two lifestyle changes before getting a decent run in the team.

Funnily enough, the topic of "lifestyle changes" came up in conversation during the recent EEOS meet-the-manager night. It seems a few of our players require an attitude adjustment, which is one of the reasons why I was so surprised last week's revelations in The Sun were treated as jolly japery on here.

Judging by the Celtic game Josh Thomson is not good enough yet to play in the 1st Division so thats hardly a feather in the cap of Shaun Fraser, who i think is still a bit raw and will need more time before throwing him to the lions

Judging by the Celtic game Josh Thomson is not good enough yet to play in the 1st Division so thats hardly a feather in the cap of Shaun Fraser, who i think is still a bit raw and will need more time before throwing him to the lions

Josh Thompson is now on loan at Peterborough in the Championship, a few divisions above our level. Do you think you know better than Darren Ferguson?