Tam Mcmanus

Jeehon

I have every reason to hate McManus. He once told me, after an under 15s match, that I was a smelly poo head. But I'm from Milngavie, so I can't be a smelly poo head.

Tam McManus is probably all we can afford. His scoring record at Falkirk last season was reasonable but he only started 11 games. My main concern is that he is 30 and has had so many clubs in recent years. Personally, I would prefer someone younger.

I remember folk on this forum questioning the loan signing of Martin Hardie and claiming he was "past it". You only had to look at the impact he had for us and then his impact and goals to game ratio which almost single-handedly promoted Dunfermline to the SPL.

I'm not bothered if McManus is 30 or if the other striker on trial is 30. If they are better than what we've got and can do a job for us - sign them.

Think Tam McManus would be a great signing 7 goals in 11 starts is a great ratio last year after coming back from a bad injury and IF stays fit will score plenty of goals for us. Hope this happens and no-one nicks in and outbids us! There is a video on youtube which shows a lot of his goals including goals for Ayr in this division can anyone post a link?

McManus would be a good signing although only from a short term point of view. He always starts of well then goes downhill.

We desperately need some competition for the front two of Stewart and Doolan. With question marks over Stewart Jackie needs to get somebody in and McManus is a proven goal scorer at this level.

Hopefully with McCann coming in also this will allow Fraser and Burns to go out on loan.