Under 19s reach semi-final

Tom Hosie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Argus

Hopefully going to the game, will be my 1st U-19s game. Is there a shelter or anything there? Not going if the weather is pish, resulting in a soaking!

No shelter. Mostly grass banking with a little terrace on one side. Pretty desolate spot beside the sports centre at the back end of Airdire TBH.

Guest Argus

Is that the Rawyards one?

Yes that's it. They're doing some work to one side of the park at the moment. Don't know if they'll be playing on the grass pitch or the all weather ones right next to the centre.

Two good goals from Kyle Lochhead, the first was a good finish after good build up play and a cracking wee back-heel from Tully and his second was the type of goal we've been crying out for in the 1st team, a corner from the right and Lochhead headed past the keeper. Ross McGeoughs goal was a bit of a fumble by the Airdrie goalie and Kieron Burns was unlucky on a couple of occassions.

Scully made 2 Tuffey-esque saves in the second half and looks to be a good prospect, Lochhead was solid in centre mid and Jamie Campbell looks like a half decent player too. All in all Im glad I went despite my hangover, well done the 19s and good luck in the final.

Just back from the game. The young Jags were by far the better team, and should have gone in more than 1-0 up at half time. The lads were caught napping in the 2nd, which led to the equaliser. They then stepped up the pace again, and their celebrations after each goal showed clearly how much it meant to them. Ross was sent off along with a United player for the heinous crime of having his upper shin raked with the sole of a boot. The referee got it into his head that there was some kind of scuffle, and red carded the both of them. This means Ross will miss the final and he's gutted about it.

Pics from the game will be online later on.

Two good goals from Kyle Lochhead, the first was a good finish after good build up play and a cracking wee back-heel from Tully and his second was the type of goal we've been crying out for in the 1st team, a corner from the right and Lochhead headed past the keeper. Ross McGeoughs goal was a bit of a fumble by the Airdrie goalie and Kieron Burns was unlucky on a couple of occassions.

Scully made 2 Tuffey-esque saves in the second half and looks to be a good prospect, Lochhead was solid in centre mid and Jamie Campbell looks like a half decent player too. All in all Im glad I went despite my hangover, well done the 19s and good luck in the final.

as above but I would add a mention for Colin Stevenson. He won about everything in the air, has a real dig about him and can play a bit as well. Just turned 18 and looks a decent prospect.

as above but I would add a mention for Colin Stevenson. He won about everything in the air, has a real dig about him and can play a bit as well. Just turned 18 and looks a decent prospect.

Was he the fair haired centre-half (no 4 I think)?