Under 19s reach semi-final

Tom Hosie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the youth teams doing so well, hopefully over the next year or two we'll be seeing some of them make the step up. I know nothing about yesterday's game, how many players from the youth squads played?

MacBeth played the whole second half and Burns came on after about an hour. Missed a couple of chances but played a big part in the winning goal and looked really sharp.

That's close on 20 for the season for the 19s for him this season which got off to e belated start for him because of injury.

MacBeth played the whole second half and Burns came on after about an hour. Missed a couple of chances but played a big part in the winning goal and looked really sharp.

That's close on 20 for the season for the 19s for him this season which got off to e belated start for him because of injury.

Burns came on after an hour, scored two and made one? If right that's really impressive!

Thought I'd post this link as much to see if everything is working okay but worth a wee pat on the back to Ian Cameron's under 19s all the same.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2009-2010/april_2010/todays_youth_results

Good to see the young ones in rednyellow doing so well. Hopefully a fair number of them will come through the ranks and become regulars in 1st team, and either go on to be legends or raise a good few quid for the club. Well done to IC and others who work with the youth squads. :clapping::thumbsup:

It would be brilliant to see some of these boys make a real impact in the first team, much like the Hamilton team from the last few years.

Is it just me or is there something satisfying about producing your own players?

Sod Hamilton, I'm going for the 'much like Barcelona' approach.

THey should advertise when and where youth/reserve games are happening on the official site, I would probably pop down to the odd one if I had a bit of advance notice, I only know they have played after its done from threads on here.

THey should advertise when and where youth/reserve games are happening on the official site, I would probably pop down to the odd one if I had a bit of advance notice, I only know they have played after its done from threads on here.

We do albeit a lot of them are arranged at relatively short notice.

It would be brilliant to see some of these boys make a real impact in the first team, much like the Hamilton team from the last few years.

Is it just me or is there something satisfying about producing your own players?

Wouldn't know what that feels like... :unsure:

Hopefully we can get it going in the next few years though.

Are you going to the semi-final Tom? Any chance you'll be doing text updates on the 'fishal site?

I aim to, I'm on the right side of the city for a trip to Airdrie, but Saturday night may intervene.

No live text updates I'm afraid. Feet up time for me after 4:45 on Saturday but I will try and get info on the OS as soon as possible.