J J J Jagscast!

jagscast

Hello there.

Tomorrow night, we will be playing on a Friday for (possibly) the second time in our history.

There should be a good crowd, the game should be entertaining and the floodlights will be on.

So, my dear Jaggies, what was your favourite floodlit game?

I'll get the ball rolling with Brockville, 2001. Britton scoring a brilliant goal from the edge of the box. I was right down the front with my cousin, and Hardie came running towards us going fudgin nuts. Incredible scenes. A great Thistle support for a midweek game in the Autumn.

a good call, but I couldn't possibly give 1. Here are a few faves of mine

- 4-3 win over Rangers at Firhill in the 70's, 3-2 down with 10 mins to go then Alan Hansen scores twice

- 6-0 cup replay win at Shawfield against Clyde

- 3-1 trashing of Celtic at Hampden in the 90's, Grant, Foster & Charnley ran them ragged that night

- 1-0 last minute winner at Killie in 2nd or 3rd cup replay. Park crossed for McAdam to score

- Shaggy's winner at Inverness in the Cup replay

- 3-1 win over St Mirren in a cup replay. We were 9/1 that night, I was gutted I only put a fiver on it

- 6-0 cup replay win at Shawfield against Clyde

That was after an abandoned 1-1 draw when the floodlights gave up. It was one of the most tedious games of football I'd ever seen and I didn't go to the replay as I had an alternative and somewhat more carnal appointment that evening. Those were the days (with the emphasis on the past tense!!)

The Scottish Cup win at Dens Park a few years ago still brings a warm glow. Gerry Britton's superb goal, then Andy Gibson's late winner had us all raising the roof. Jaggernautess, patiently waiting outside in the car to pick me up after the game, still reminds me that I babbled like an incoherent monkey all the way home.

I tend not to remember too many specific games, so I'd go for the obvious 1-1 with Rangers in the cup a couple of years back. The atmosphere in our section of the ground was incredible, whereas the rest of the ground only made noise the once. I flew up to Glasgow that morning for the game and flew back down south first thing the next morning I think, but it was well worth it.

If Boyd hadn't scored I'd have been £240 up and we'd have had a trip to Hampden :(

Game against Inverness juet before Christmas in the First Division winning season - it gets dark early up there. A goal down and toiling, 80th minute Hardie comes on and scores 2. In the net for the second, going mental, oh so jammy!

Remember this game well i fell over the wall trying to hold onto hardies top during the celebration for the winner.

Love games under floodlights one of the reasons i dont want summer football nothing beats a cold day/night in the winter for a local derby and the crowd its pumped up cause there trying to keep warm.

Fave Floodlight games. |There are too many to write down but here are a few.

Although we got beat 4-3 at falkirk roundabout 94 think it was scottish cup replay and im sure john hughes scored from

the halfway line with a free kick, it was my first trip to brockville and the atmosphere was great always was at brockville.

The ayr game when we won the first division jamie dolan got sent off and we came from behind to win 2-1 with hardie again coming off the bench to score the winner.

The game we should have beat celtic in league cup at parkhead - scott mcleans header was over the line but not giving and then

we missed about 3 penalties to win the tie.

For me it was the 1-1 cup draw at Ibrox, there was something about that whole evening that was just magical (apart from the wee bit when it hit of Boyd's shin).

Another obvious one would be beating Celtic 3-1 at Hampden, there was something surreal about that as well.

Agreed, my old man nearly had a heart attack when big Roddie hit the post when we were 3-1 up. I didn't understand this at first until he reminded me of the significance of a 4-1 victory over Celtic at Hampden.

Also a St Mirren game at Love Street, Scottish Cup (replay?). Think it was 3-1 and Gerry McCoy ran riot. Also vaguely remember a Jags fan being stretchered away after one of our goals :thinking: