Warriors Offski

Thistle_1876

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furious about this - fail to see how this is a good move for the club, and it has been agreed without any consultation with the fans (of whom very few want to leave Firhill)

Thanks to Partick Thistle for having us these 5 years: Have really enjoyed coming to Firhill on a friday night, it will always be a ground that holds a special place in this non-Thistle supporters heart. Might even try and get the occasional trip along to watch you guys.

Best of luck to you lot in the future - hope to see you back in the SPL in the future, preferably still playing at a Firhill I might recognise!

Oh yeah, and I leave in the knowledge we have reminded you what the place looks like full :P

From press reports it would appear that Glasgow City Council are pleased as punch about this - public money presumably being used to attract the Warriors (not Stenhousemuir) to Scotstoun - OK it's a lovely facility and was paid for by GCC (Council Taxpayers thereof) but to kick the financial legs away from Thistle seems a bit mean even if it is I presume legitimate.

Just how much would be the savings going part time? It's not as if we've any big earners as it is. That said it'll be a big decision for Beattle & Co on whether to offer contract extensions to players like Sinclair but a couple of decent money transfers later on would do the bank balance a power of good.

Or, how about the Club, the JT, or any new supporters' organization set about finding new ways to get us to part with our cash for the cause, and go towards making up for the lost Warriors money that way!

Edited to add: I noticed last week that Livi, like Dunfermline, has an online lottery, with money prizes that are much more interesting that the (laudable) 50/50 draw. I'm sure that a Thistle online lotto would do the biz.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Or, how about the Club, the JT, or any new supporters' organization set about finding new ways to get us to part with our cash for the cause, and go towards making up for the lost Warriors money that way!

Edited to add: I noticed last week that Livi, like Dunfermline, has an online lottery, with money prizes that are much more interesting that the (laudable) 50/50 draw. I'm sure that a Thistle online lotto would do the biz.

It requires a gambling license, costing around £2,500 per year. So it would have to be a guarenteed earner or a loss could end up being made. Having the license however, would then allow the club to host other events that they cannot do so at the moment.

It requires a gambling license, costing around £2,500 per year. So it would have to be a guarenteed earner or a loss could end up being made. Having the license however, would then allow the club to host other events that they cannot do so at the moment.

Seems like a small amount to pay to get into the "big league" of money-spinning events that become available.

Should we be glad to see the back of them or sorry to see their £100,000 go?

We've all (well the ST holders) got vouchers to the Warriors game against Edinburgh. I'm going to exchange my voucher for a ticket and not go. If it's an extra seat they cant sell to somebody else - fcuk em. As LWA has said above, the Warriors have done this without any consultation with their fans - their fans like going to Firhill and will hate Scotstoun.

I don't blame GCC for this - they've got the same problem as us; a mostly unused stadium.

I feel a bit sorry for those Warriors fans who liked Firhill. Scotstoun Showground will be a dismal place to watch rugby.

Edited to add: or will it be re-christened Scotstoun Arena?

It's now called Scotstoun Stadium. It would be interesting to know how much the Warriors will pay to rent Scotstoun. With £millions of government money being used to redevelop the stadium, we could have been priced out.

If you think watching the Warriors at the Scotstoun will be bad, it will be much worse to watch West Ham at the Olympic Stadium. The fans will be even further from the pitch.

I've always thought GCC couldn't give a :censor: about Thistle and this was yet another opportunity to stick the knife in.

I agree totally. The Warriors must be getting a huge subsidy to base themselves in Scotstoun. I would not be surprised to see Clyde move in there too.