Terracing

Jago1953

There have been suggestions of standing areas at football grounds.

My suggestion would be each ground would have a covered terracing for home fans only.To control numbers it would be by season ticket at a reduced price.This would also generate a better atmmosphere- aka The Shed. :rolleyes:

but we can stand if we like in sections one and two and when there os a good product on the pitch firhill bounces.

There is though a way how we can make the atmosphere at firhill excellent againa and that is moving the shed back to the right hand end of the ground, with no police control i dont see how this could be a problem.

but we can stand if we like in sections one and two and when there os a good product on the pitch firhill bounces.

There is though a way how we can make the atmosphere at firhill excellent againa and that is moving the shed back to the right hand end of the ground, with no police control i dont see how this could be a problem.

Absolutely SPOT ON

right up till the first idiot throws something or crosses over to the opposing end

Has there been previous of this? :unsure:

I'm afraid there has been - guilty as charged.

I used to be in the shed at the city end (when there was a walloping big metal fence down the middle) and I used to bypass the shed pissers and amble up to the open top bogs in the away end and pee in the tray under the stars at the ruchill park end.

Wouldn't be allowed these days ... bog with no roof ... bog with no soap dispenser ... bog with no sink ... walking along chipped concrete terracing ... risk of bumping into concrete and metal crowd control barriers ... what a mollycoddled spoiled bunch we have been moulded into.

Bring back fkin terracing - its the first division ffs !

I used to be in the shed at the city end (when there was a walloping big metal fence down the middle) and I used to bypass the shed pissers and amble up to the open top bogs in the away end and pee in the tray under the stars at the ruchill park end.

Wouldn't be allowed these days ... bog with no roof ... bog with no soap dispenser ... bog with no sink ... walking along chipped concrete terracing ... risk of bumping into concrete and metal crowd control barriers ... what a mollycoddled spoiled bunch we have been moulded into.

was talking about the top right hand corner of the jhs, how to you cross over from there into the away end ?

I wasn't clear at first but I was meaning since the JHS has been built.

I knew about the old Shed. I had a teacher, when I was at school who would tell me all sorts of stories about the fence. They mostly included him trying his best to hit OF fans on the head with the pies he had bought. :lol:

with no police control i dont see how this could be a problem.

Erm, if the kiddie zone was swapped with the "shed" end, how long do you think the "no police control" thing would last?

Part of the reason for the reduced police presence is BECAUSE the kids' zone is located closest to the away fans.

I can't see the Club agreeing to anything that will result in increased running costs, without a guaranteed increase in income to compensate, and where's the guarantee?

It ain't going to happen any time soon.

D

Erm, if the kiddie zone was swapped with the "shed" end, how long do you think the "no police control" thing would last?

Part of the reason for the reduced police presence is BECAUSE the kids' zone is located closest to the away fans.

I can't see the Club agreeing to anything that will result in increased running costs, without a guaranteed increase in income to compensate, and where's the guarantee?

It ain't going to happen any time soon.

D

said far better than i could put it

If the bing was re-terraced with a roof I'd probably never set foot in the JHS again until I'm a very very old man. :fan:

And I'd be there beside you. There is surely some link between the decline in football attendance figures and the eradication of terracing.

Bring back terracing, reduce the entry-price and fans will slowly come back to fill the grounds.

And I'd be there beside you. There is surely some link between the decline in football attendance figures and the eradication of terracing.

Bring back terracing, reduce the entry-price and fans will slowly come back to fill the grounds.

Me too, used to stand there as a kid p155ing down or not with a bovril in hand.

Good memories too!

It's a nice idea in theory but an absolute non-starter. How much would it cost to re-terrace the bing, put a roof on it, install catering facilities, and then reduce the price for the fans who wanted to go there? In a perfect world we would have a four-sided stadium with terracing available, but the reality is that we currently have at least 5,000 empty seats (more if you include the Main Stand) at Firhill every game - to think about expanding the stadium in our current financial situation is crazy.

I'm speculating here obviously, but I don't imagine it would make any money for the club - I expect the club would lose money, as the vast majority of fans who would use any new terrace would be fans who currently sit in the JH, but who would then pay less for the terracing. I don't believe there are large numbers of Thistle fans out there who would suddenly start going again if there was terracing.

Has there been previous of this? :unsure:

Yes, 2-1 defeat to the hu.ns in Kevin Muscat's testimonial. As they scored their 2nd goal, 4 hu.ns sprinted from their seats in the Thistle end, had a word with a steward who then let them past and into their own end. A few Jags fans chased after them but were just too slow off the mark, never mind.