Scottish Cup Draw

G SUS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinks in Broughton Street pre-match? Straight down the road to the ground?

The Gunner in Muirhoose is closer, and has character. Or maybe the Doo'cot near the top of Pennywell Road which is another fine establishment. If anyone wants a wine bar type of atmosphere they could try Speirs in Goldenacre.

Edited by i@n

SInce the Brat was on the bench for Spartans I went to Culter at the weekend. Pleasant wee ground, just outside Aberdeen. Really friendly club. It looked pretty full with 500 in it. Not sure what its safety limit is but I'd guess 1,000 would be stretching it.

Two-three pubs on main drag of town (Peterculter) and a couple of social clubs, which they opened up to the Spartans fans. I'd imagine they'll be keen to do the same for Jags fans.

On the footballing side, Culter fight hard and tackle like Juniors but the Jags should rip them to shreds.

Gutted of Leith.

SInce the Brat was on the bench for Spartans I went to Culter at the weekend. Pleasant wee ground, just outside Aberdeen. Really friendly club. It looked pretty full with 500 in it. Not sure what its safety limit is but I'd guess 1,000 would be stretching it.

Two-three pubs on main drag of town (Peterculter) and a couple of social clubs, which they opened up to the Spartans fans. I'd imagine they'll be keen to do the same for Jags fans.

On the footballing side, Culter fight hard and tackle like Juniors but the Jags should rip them to shreds.

Gutted of Leith.

Says Culter got a player sent off early doors.

Especially those with previous form - Season 2008/9

Two things:

1) as I suggested earlier in thread – let's hope Jags are never run by a bunch of volunteers cos they are not as accountable as employees for human error, and

2) the SFA system is arcane and a relic of the 19th century with too much snail mail involved.

The Spartans player mentioned in the rumours around Edinburgh has been with the club for about a decade, which makes the magnitude of the ****-up even more frustrating .As it says on the Pie and Bovril thread though, precedent says it's all over. I presume the SFA will make an announcement after some meeting or other of blazers.

Getting more gutted by the moment of Leith :-(

Apparently also fielded an ineligible player in an EOS cup game against Whitehill Welfare according to P&B. Really think they're screwed, too many strikes.

The precedent is one strike and you're out.

Same guy, same form, same mess-up. They'll be papped out of that cup too. FWIW rumour has it that the player concerned has been at the club for a decade – so it just gets worse and worse. League points may also be deducted from them. Not to mention the huge financial hit of not having a thousand or so Jags visit them. Somebody has a whole battery farm full of egg on his or her face.

I cant believe that clubs are STILL not registering players properly in this day and age! What a joke.

Spartans have 2 teams one in the East of Scotland League the other play in the Juniors. If a player plays in the EOS league one week and they choose to play him in the Junior league the following week, I believe they have to 'free' him from his Scottish league registration, then reinstate him to Junior and vice-versa.

Oh and they may have to pay a registration fee to the appropriate governing body after every 'transfer'.

Scottish fitbaw eh...

Edited by stuthejag

Spartans have 2 teams one in the East of Scotland League the other play in the Juniors. If a player plays in the EOS league one week and they choose to play him in the Junior league the following week, I believe they have to 'free' him from his Scottish league registration, then reinstate him to Junior and vice-versa.

Oh and they may have to pay a registration fee to the appropriate governing body after every 'transfer'.

Scottish fitbaw eh...

Correct Stu – but Spartans knew that when they set up a Junior section so cannae complain – even tho the whole structure is ludicrous. The Saturday amateur team recently had to go through the same palaver and cost to borrow one of the u19 keepers for the day.

As far as Jags fans planning for next round is concerned – the word appears to be that the SFA can't make an official announcement until the blazers physically gather around a table, so it might take days or even weeks. Plan for Aberdeenshire tho, cos I haven't found anybody yet who has the slightest hope that Spartans will get off with it.

Gutted of Leith.

I played at Culter a few seasons back in a cup tie. I seem to remember old fashioned square-style goalposts. I might be talking pish, or they could have had them replaced. Either way, did you notice that when you were there last week? Also, are goalposts like that allowed at this level?

I played at Culter a few seasons back in a cup tie. I seem to remember old fashioned square-style goalposts. I might be talking pish, or they could have had them replaced. Either way, did you notice that when you were there last week? Also, are goalposts like that allowed at this level?

Culter in action Not sure if you can see on this set of highlights. Looks like they play silky football.

Edit - fourth goal close up suggests square posts

Edited by honved