Team Gb

lennythistle

I'm all in favour of a Team GB thingmy. From a Scotland perspective, I'd like our contribution to it to be bawbags who turn their noses up at being picked for Scotland, players who feign injury only to be fit for their clubs 2 or 3 days later, players who don't take the trouble to learn at least the first two verses of our national anthem, 'players' who disrespect the jersey by getting hyper-pished days before a game and, of course, Craig Levein.

In summary, a repository for those whom I'm not too excited about seeing in the famous navy blue, including the current manager.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you tell the British Lions rugby team to get stuffed, especially to their faces? Or are you just a bigoted, nationalist coward with nae baws?

No, i am not, and ma baws are fine, thank you. We have a Scottish rugby team and the British Lions,both individual teams that the Rugby authorities allow, with the football scenario, once we affiliate ourselves with team GB, the "higher" football authorities, me thinks,will start the ball rolling to eradicate all "home" international teams :thinking:

The "get stuffed" was aimed at the thought of team GB, not the individuals who may partake within it

So have they officially changed the name to English and a Few Others Lions now?

If the last world cup is anything to go by the next Lions squad will be made up of Welsh and Irish players with a couple of Englishmen and Scots to make up the numbers.

Trying to compare playing for the British Lions and Team GB in the Olympics is just way off mark.

The Lions is a bit like getting picked for a Ryder cup team. It's the ultimate achievement of a players career. Sure the golfers have their majors and the rugby players the six nations and world cup but all strive to be named in the either a Ryder cup team or a British Lions squad.

Team GB will never come remotely close to being anywhere near as special or as important as either a Ryder Cup or a Lions tour.

A point being made is that Team GB is the thin edge of the wedge and it could lead the way, maybe only marginally, to Scotland losing it's international status. The Olympics is of so little importance in the world of football that it's not worth risking our identity no matter how minimal the risk. Furthermore it's the London Olympics, which by definition in World/European football terms is being held in a different country to Scotland.

Another point recurring is the term British Lions. If we're so dismissive of the Republic of Ireland, as often the media are in that specific, then it's reasonable to assume that Team GB will be colloquially referred to down south as England and most certainly will be abroad.

A point being made is that Team GB is the thin edge of the wedge and it could lead the way, maybe only marginally, to Scotland losing it's international status. The Olympics is of so little importance in the world of football that it's not worth risking our identity no matter how minimal the risk. Furthermore it's the London Olympics, which by definition in World/European football terms is being held in a different country to Scotland.

Another point recurring is the term British Lions. If we're so dismissive of the Republic of Ireland, as often the media are in that specific, then it's reasonable to assume that Team GB will be colloquially referred to down south as England and most certainly will be abroad.

That was partly my fault as over the last few years, the Lions have been corrected to the British and Irish Lions.

On the upside, if Scotland loses its international status it'll be more ammunition for the ugly sisters to quit the Scottish game. Team GB (Does that therefore not include Northern Ireland?) - no thank you, even if it would mean me seeing the last of the sadcases in Glengarry hats and pipe band outfits.

If Scotland ever loses its international status, a few of us will have to get together and start trials on eg Glasgow Green to establish an AFC Scotland. We could then start an alternative UEFA/FIFA, cutting out the figures of corporate corruption, inaugurating the first 'real' World Cup here in Scotland. :)

If Scotland ever loses its international status, a few of us will have to get together and start trials on eg Glasgow Green to establish an AFC Scotland. We could then start an alternative UEFA/FIFA, cutting out the figures of corporate corruption, inaugurating the first 'real' World Cup here in Scotland. :)

:thumbsup2: Bags I go Frank Haffey!

I'm happy to support it. Scotland are rubbish, and the Tartan Army are by and large east coasters and teuchter bawbags who I really have nothing in common with. I could care less if no Scottish player makes the cut.

So, you don't like the Scotland team, its supporters, people from the east coast or highlanders. Call me psychic, but what's the chances you don't think much of your next-door neighbours either?