Jackie

ian_mac

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it though and is it the whole quote, papers would never print part quotes to make a head line would they :rolleyes:

It would appear to be and tell me why would they lie about a managers reaction in a Diddy tie in the Scottish cup with everything else going on I'm not saying they haven't but based on the evidence I really doubt it.

is it though and is it the whole quote, papers would never print part quotes to make a head line would they :rolleyes:

Who knows. I'll stick my tin foil hat on just in case.

If that is what he said, which wouldn't surprise me, then he and his players can take their 'who cares' attitude and **** off.

It's a bad day when 11 guys off the street have a better attitude towards a game than an 11 that are being paid for it.

agree totally, just disagree with having a go at them for comments they did not make or in this case cant see what's wrong with the comments

Even though I wasn't there I just felt he could have given the fans a mention they sold out the buses to watch that guff yesterday. And the response they receive is we're still in the cup IMO I think he's handled that poorly

Edited by thistle4tw

Question:

Why do people assume that Jackie is all "pally" with the players? Just because he doesn't shout abuse at them in public doesn't mean he's somehow not being anything other than forthright behind closed doors. The impression I got from the reports around pre-season training was that actually, he was a quiet disciplinarian.

Didn't you know, Thistle fans know everything that goes on in the dressing room....they find out on Twitter :rolleyes: . From the reports Ive heard he has went through a few players a few times already this season, even once when we had won the game. Yesterday was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as some of the antics of fans on here and at the end of the game. We'll set the record straight on Saturday when we beat them on penalties :).

I wouldn't make that bet If I was you. McCall has said he will be back and he is still in regular contact with the board.

McCall says a lot of things, most of which is usually nonsense. I'd be happy to bet that he won't manage Thistle again, nor should he.

Airdrie got a 7-2 thrashing from Albion Rovers in the league a few weeks ago and their fans were screaming for Boyle's head. After we beat them 5-0 there were Morton fans questioning Moore.

We need to stick with Jackie, give him time and support and remember that he is in his first management job so there will be highs and lows along the way.

FT you won't read this obviously as you put me "on ignore" after I dared to even consider criticising your hero McNamara. Many more jags fans appear to be joining me in questioning this individual's aptitude. Your "ignore" button must be taking a BELTING today eh?

McNamara = Not good enough. Nowhere NEAR good enough. Time to wake up to reality/lay off the happy pills.

FT you won't read this obviously as you put me "on ignore" after I dared to even consider criticising your hero McNamara. Many more jags fans appear to be joining me in questioning this individual's aptitude. Your "ignore" button must be taking a BELTING today eh?

McNamara = Not good enough. Nowhere NEAR good enough. Time to wake up to reality/lay off the happy pills.

i might just join him with the ignore button but your posts do add a bit of light humour with this fantasy life you lead

Did yer mammy no tell you you'd go blind if you kept doing that ya mad t*ry? As for your childish "fantasy life" shengis maybe you should question your fantasy that a draw against not much more than a pub team is acceptable.

never said it was acceptable and i will leave the childish bit to you and your posts :thumbsup2:

Having had 24 hours to reflect on yesterday's game, I'll give my opinion on things.

It was an embarrassing day for Partick Thistle for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the behaviour of a select few morons was unacceptable, in my opinion. One of the clowns was rightly tossed out for throwing smoke-bombs on the pitch and amongst the fans. Cretins like him and his cronies who cut about thinking they are fronting some sort of Football Factory-esque firm should be banned from Firhill. I am totally embarrassed that they are associated with my club. One individual saw it appropriate to have a go at someone for making a remark as the players came off at half-time yet proceeded to walk over to his sons who were standing with the shower of "hardmen" and have a laugh about throwing things on the pitch and disrespecting the stewards. He's got his priorities straight.

There was a total lack of perspective or graciousness from Thistle fans too which I suppose is understandable considering the performance of the team. However, shouting abuse at guys who play football for a hobby who just matched a team of so-called professionals for 90 minutes is uncalled for. Culter deserve their moment, they were very welcoming and I certainly do not begrudge them another payday.

The most embarrassing thing was, of course, the performance of the players; one of the worst displays I have ever saw. There seemed to be no game-plan at all, no leadership (apart from big Robertson giving them a blast once or twice), no skill, nothing. I said before the game that if the players turned up with a billy-big-time attitude, it would be a long and embarrassing day and so it proved. I'm not going to go into individual performances because they were all an utter disgrace to the club; how anyone can suggest certain players got "pass-marks" is beyond me. Every player should be ashamed of themselves.

I've read the comments that Jackie has made in the media and on the website and I'll reserve commenting at this stage. But the fact there hasn't been a whimper of an apology to the sizeable Jags support that went up there yesterday is very, very poor.

Well done to Culter, and I hope they enjoy their day-out next week, but I won't be there.

Having had 24 hours to reflect on yesterday's game, I'll give my opinion on things.

It was an embarrassing day for Partick Thistle for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the behaviour of a select few morons was unacceptable, in my opinion. One of the clowns was rightly tossed out for throwing smoke-bombs on the pitch and amongst the fans. Cretins like him and his cronies who cut about thinking they are fronting some sort of Football Factory-esque firm should be banned from Firhill. I am totally embarrassed that they are associated with my club. One individual saw it appropriate to have a go at someone for making a remark as the players came off at half-time yet proceeded to walk over to his sons who were standing with the shower of "hardmen" and have a laugh about throwing things on the pitch and disrespecting the stewards. He's got his priorities straight.

There was a total lack of perspective or graciousness from Thistle fans too which I suppose is understandable considering the performance of the team. However, shouting abuse at guys who play football for a hobby who just matched a team of so-called professionals for 90 minutes is uncalled for. Culter deserve their moment, they were very welcoming and I certainly do not begrudge them another payday.

The most embarrassing thing was, of course, the performance of the players; one of the worst displays I have ever saw. There seemed to be no game-plan at all, no leadership (apart from big Robertson giving them a blast once or twice), no skill, nothing. I said before the game that if the players turned up with a billy-big-time attitude, it would be a long and embarrassing day and so it proved. I'm not going to go into individual performances because they were all an utter disgrace to the club; how anyone can suggest certain players got "pass-marks" is beyond me. Every player should be ashamed of themselves.

I've read the comments that Jackie has made in the media and on the website and I'll reserve commenting at this stage. But the fact there hasn't been a whimper of an apology to the sizeable Jags support that went up there yesterday is very, very poor.

Well done to Culter, and I hope they enjoy their day-out next week, but I won't be there.

Going by some of the comments on here that a draw against a junior team is an decent result he probably thinks he doesn't need to.

Wasn't there on Saturday but have read the reports and seen the videos, seems there is a more than one issue ,

1) the team were shocking , worse than shocking actually , took a big time attitude and got there collars felt , especially after scoring early , nothing less than a route in the replay will be good enough .

2)macnamaras ability to motivate and keep the players grounded must be questioned ,but he was the "cheap" option as manager , and its monkeys and peanuts .

3)fans were right to be disgusted , and probably right to give the team a hard time , however there's always some who go to far , in any group of guys you'll always get a few d*ckhe*ds and there hangers on ,i've often wondered if these guys dont have much else going on in thier lives to get passionate about .

4)players tweeting and facebooking stuff, its a generational thing everyone that age does it , don't make it right or wrong but its the norm, no doubt there pride was hurt ,but its there professional pride ,which is entirely different to what we fans feel , to them ,maybe, it was a terrible day at work , however saturday is a chance to put it right , get switched on and do the job properly.

I'd imagine that when we got a draw against the h*ns at Ibrox a couple of years ago there were hundreds or thousands of h*ns supporters raging on their various forums, about how they had been embarrassed by wee Thistle, how some of their prima donnas need to take a good look at themselves, etc etc.

These upsets happen, and it was a great result for Culter. We didn't lose, so it wasn't by any means the worst result in the club's history, as some are claiming.

You'd expect normal service to be resumed in the replay, and a comfortable win for the Jags. Another draw or a defeat against Culter should lead to the manager being immediately sacked.

By all accounts the team was rotten again on Saturday. That's becoming a regular occurrence. I noticed that Culter had 2 corners, whereas we had 12. Yet even against a mediocre junior team we did nothing with those corners. I wasn't there, but I'm guessing they were mostly the floaters that have been shown not to work for us time and time again.

I missed the game on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the replay!

Sorry jaggernaut, you and me are usually on the same wavelength, but comparing Rangers fans feelings to drawing with us and our reaction to drawing with a junior outfit that usually attracts less than 100 to their home games is ludicrous. If my fading memory serves me well we have on quite a few occassions beaten and drawn with Rangers over the past 30/40 years. We (at present) are one division below them, we are full time, the same as them. The comparison is ridiculous. As I have said regularly on here, everyone is entitled to their opinion but in the 50 odd years I have been following Thistle, this is, by a country mile, the worst result I can ever remember for our club, but hey, thats only my opinion!

As for Saturday, hope I aint tempting fate here but I think we will hammer them

Edited by Lindau