Balatoni's Stick

Jackthejag

yeah he made the mistake (slip) for the culter goal yesterday, but some of the stick has been far over the top if fans like myself have seen every game this season out of robertson, archie and himself he has been the best out of the 3

But out of these 4, Jimmy Krankie's the best defender.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

the guy is an absolute clown. he can leave anytime.

rememeber berwick? he was shocking against Falkirk at home, and to be honest the list could continue for a while..

balamory is a great nickname for him, its pre-school, just like his defending.

the guy is an absolute clown. he can leave anytime.

rememeber berwick? he was shocking against Falkirk at home, and to be honest the list could continue for a while..

balamory is a great nickname for him, its pre-school, just like his defending.

if I am wrong then sorry but in another thread you put CB PP and CE in the crap group but put DR PC in the good group...have you been to a game this season, both of these guys run around a lot and sometimes have a good game but that's it, rowsons passing is shocking as he is in front of goal, paul tries to find space when he is defending and hugs a defender when he should be finding space. erskine is (I think) our second top scorer.

my point is please at least be consistent when slagging players off for being crap, yes some players are more frustrating to watch but that doesn't meant they don't do a job for the team.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

if I am wrong then sorry but in another thread you put CB PP and CE in the crap group but put DR PC in the good group...have you been to a game this season, both of these guys run around a lot and sometimes have a good game but that's it, rowsons passing is shocking as he is in front of goal, paul tries to find space when he is defending and hugs a defender when he should be finding space. erskine is (I think) our second top scorer.

my point is please at least be consistent when slagging players off for being crap, yes some players are more frustrating to watch but that doesn't meant they don't do a job for the team.

I think I have b missed 4 /5 games all in this season, I wasn't at Couter.

CB is a clown, commonly held opinion. No further argument deemed necessary.

PP is a clown, I have published my views before. No further argument deemed necessary.

Erskine has scored a few goals yes, but his performances have been piss poor. QOS shocking, gave up after he started cheating at Dens, Falkrik - got out of jail with his good goal. Raith, ran in circles and lost the ball. I could go on.

Rowson, form what I have seen, always makes an effort, has scored 3 goals, can certainly pass the ball although not brilliantly, and can tackle. I still think he is a poor player, but miles above 3 aforementioned clowns.

I wont waste my time arguing with you on the merits of PC. If you cant see that this guy is playing well, then your on a different planet.

PP is a clown, I have published my views before. No further argument deemed necessary.

Erskine has scored a few goals yes, but his performances have been piss poor. QOS shocking, gave up after he started cheating at Dens, Falkrik - got out of jail with his good goal. Raith, ran in circles and lost the ball. I could go on.

Rowson, form what I have seen, always makes an effort, has scored 3 goals, can certainly pass the ball although not brilliantly, and can tackle. I still think he is a poor player, but miles above 3 aforementioned clowns.

I wont waste my time arguing with you on the merits of PC. If you cant see that this guy is playing well, then your on a different planet.

thats ok then you stay in your wee bubble. where that blinkered emotion thingy :thinking:

FTCC is a clown. No further argument deemed necessary

Stayed off the forum as I wanted to avoid the inevitable nonsense that was bound to be spouted after yesterday. Logged in to reply to this topic as I cannot believe anyone would question Cairney this season. He has been our best player this season by a country mile and find it bizarre that anyone could dispute that.

As for the Balatoni issue... he has had one or two decent games this season but I really cannot see the point of keeping him past January. I am sure that we have a youngster who could fill in for him easily (Can Jonny Lindsay not play CB?). Balatoni is far too prone to utter howlers and, seeing as he isnt even our player, I dont see the benefit of giving him further first team experience.

I will also agree with Fred by saying that I think Erskine has, generally, been an absolute nightmare this season. 1 good game in 15 doesnt make a good player.

As for folk moaning about players using Twitter? Seriously? I couldnt care less what the players do with their spare time. Cant really believe its even been raised as an issue.

I will also agree with Fred by saying that I think Erskine has, generally, been an absolute nightmare this season. 1 good game in 15 doesnt make a good player.

erskine has won us the game against dundee and got us points against falkirk and raith when we were losing he has also scored in two other games we have won.

he is frustrating but he does come up with the goals when we need them

Paul Cairney has to be the player of the season so far, and without his performances I dread to think where we would be.

As a team we have been very poor and lack confidence, apart from the fightback up at Dingwall as soon as we go a goal down we tend to look a beaten side. And yet on the occasions we have gone 2 up Morton and Ayr we started to play some great stuff. Going from the Morton game to Raith - albeit a fortnight between alas - it was hard to believe we were watching the same side.

IMO there seems to be a massive confidence crisis in this side, as soon as something goes against them. We lack a leader on the park and it would not surprise me if some of the players are going out worried about making a mistake, rather than just going out to play. It's difficult for fans to be patient, given some of the recent performances however we have a part to play in trying to lift the team. Posters on here are saying the players and management should make some concessions to help build some bridges, well should we in the stands - or the case of Culter a grassy slope - not do likewise and try and get behind the team for 90 mins, rather than hammering some players during the game.

If it wasn't for Paul Cairney we wouldn't still be in the Cup. Apart from his rather useless corners no further criticism from me. He's been consistently our best player so far this season.

I do tho' think Mr Cheesecloth should cut Erkine a bit of slack. Don't like to use statistics to make a point but Erskine, Rowson and Cairney have scored 12 goals between them so far this season. Doolan, Elliot & Stewart have scored 10 goals. True of the former three Erskine doesn't have anything like the consistency of Cairney or Rowson but he has chipped in with four goals, which is the equal of any of the latter three.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

thats ok then you stay in your wee bubble. where that blinkered emotion thingy :thinking:

Thanks for the insightful response there, no bubble here, just a healthy dose of reality and my opinion. I have no issue with your opinion, I don't agree with it, but if you could offer the same respect back that would be useful. Keyboard warrior.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

FTCC is a clown. No further argument deemed necessary

Thanks for your response. Very mature.

Honestly, looking at other defences in the league are you seriously happy with PP and CB. Do you believe that PP has made any progress since he joined the club with his big time charlie ideas? Do you think he is a good role model for Aaron Sinclair who said the same things when he joined? Do you think CB is any better than Robertson? Do you think that CB is good in the air? Do you think they are part of a defence who communicate with each other and have confidence in their goalkeeper? Do you think that Scott Fox is confident in them? Do you find PP moaning at other players constructive?

So everyone thinks it was Conrad that sold the goal against Culter? Really? I witnessed their umber 2 come forward twice in the first half. Cairney just stood back and let him go past him, yes he scored the goal but he was terrible apart from that!

Conrad slipped yes, but we all saw the park it was sh*t even Messi would of slipped on that park. To me it wass Cairneys inability to close down the right back that led to the goal

So everyone thinks it was Conrad that sold the goal against Culter? Really? I witnessed their umber 2 come forward twice in the first half. Cairney just stood back and let him go past him, yes he scored the goal but he was terrible apart from that!

Conrad slipped yes, but we all saw the park it was sh*t even Messi would of slipped on that park. To me it wass Cairneys inability to close down the right back that led to the goal

Balatoni slipped, but the damage had been done by Cairney (?) giving the ball away. Balatoni also made a number of good interceptions and wasn't any worse than the others at the back. I was standing next to the door into the dressing room at the end of the game. No-one could look the fans in the eye - manager, coaches, players. They know what had happened and it's up to them to earn their money next Tuesday.

Why do we try and play the million dollar pass when a sideways nudge to someone in the same coloured shirt as you keeps possession and allows us to build a move? We are not Barcelona, but Partick Thistle. Play within our limitations for god's sake.

Balatoni slipped, but the damage had been done by Cairney (?) giving the ball away. Balatoni also made a number of good interceptions and wasn't any worse than the others at the back. I was standing next to the door into the dressing room at the end of the game. No-one could look the fans in the eye - manager, coaches, players. They know what had happened and it's up to them to earn their money next Tuesday.

Why do we try and play the million dollar pass when a sideways nudge to someone in the same coloured shirt as you keeps possession and allows us to build a move? We are not Barcelona, but Partick Thistle. Play within our limitations for god's sake.

The sideways nudging seems to have become too much of a habit, though. That's why some folk have been calling us a crab football team. Side to side with no urgency simply gives teams plenty of time to line up their two ranks of defenders in front of their penalty area, and we don't have the pace or nous to get through them. Ross County have done this repeatedly against us, and I wonder whether that's not what Culter were advised to do on Saturday.

Agreed on the Barcelona bit!

:D