Surely Tonight Marks The End Of

Lindau

the English harping on about Scottish goalies. That goal tonight must go down as one of the worst ever goalkeeping errors in the history of the World Cup. Absolute howler!!

Apart from Seaman? All keepers make mistakes - you get away with them outfield but betwee the sticks you are totally exposed and there is no way to overcome the situation. I am heart sorry for Green tonight, and hope he can put it behind him. A blinder in his next game would help.

the English harping on about Scottish goalies.

to be fair, i think that ended with seaman's blunder against brasil. since then, there's been a series of blunders by english keepers from robinson, scott carson, james and now green. the goalkeeping position was one of their pre-tournament weaknesses. green's fingers and now ledley kings injury, things ain't looking too rosy for england right now. shame that.

Slightly off topic but I've just heard the following pearls of wisdom. On the subject of countries first games of the tournament "Every team wants to win them but nobody wants to lose them"-Graham Taylor.

:thinking:

As if the connective 'but' is separating two contradictory clauses.

Actually, I think I know what he means, but, surely until these media 'stars' are reasonably competent in dealing with what, after all, is their own language, they should be replaced with Europeans or others who are not so gaffe prone with English.

to be fair, i think that ended with seaman's blunder against brasil. since then, there's been a series of blunders by english keepers from robinson, scott carson, james and now green. the goalkeeping position was one of their pre-tournament weaknesses. green's fingers and now ledley kings injury, things ain't looking too rosy for england right now. shame that.

Carragher looked out of his depth when he came on. His booking puts him at risk of an early suspension. England are weak at the back, especially on the right. I cannot understand why Wes Brown was overlooked.

Shaun Wright-Phillips was terrible on the left when he came on. England do not have a genuine left-winger yet Adam Johnson and Stewart Downing (did not make the initial 30) were left out too.

They'd have been better with Gary Neville, Capello says he picks players on form. Well, Carragher has been honking all season, as were Liverpool, Dawson has been very good. Neville for the last part of the season looked like he was getting back to his old self, yet he picks Carragher & Upson ahead of both (until Rio's injury). Plus, Hart has been the best & most consistant goalie all season, yet he goes for the shaky Green, who although is generally solid, has dropped afew clangers over the past few seasons.