More Culter Shenanigans?

gianlucatoni

Self-awareness might have worked a bit better...

Anyway, I know you're being humorous, but I genuinely don't think the moaners (of which I'm clearly one) want to constantly vent. I reacted with joy to the Morton result and thought we looked promising going in to the new season and said as much at the time. But I think standards are slipping on and off the field of play and that's where my attention is currently focused. Sort that and I think we'll see a marked difference on the pitch.

All it takes is a poor defeat for me to join in the doom and gloom brigade, but for most of the time I'm just a kind of simpleton (so Jaggernautess tells me).

Edited by Jaggernaut

Self-awareness might have worked a bit better...

Anyway, I know you're being humorous, but I genuinely don't think the moaners (of which I'm clearly one) want to constantly vent. I reacted with joy to the Morton result and thought we looked promising going in to the new season and said as much at the time. But I think standards are slipping on and off the field of play and that's where my attention is currently focused. Sort that and I think we'll see a marked difference on the pitch.

Jumping to conclusions there DP.

Don't think for a minute we always see eye to eye, but I'd like to think the majority of the time we're respectful to each other.

Any way I firmly believe my original point accurately reflects how things are at the moment and there is a very clear split in the support.

We sort the things you mention, it will make a marked difference with some.....far from all.

This is the final straw for me. I don't pay good money every week just so that the players and management can refuse sausage rolls and a can of Tennents after a game. I won't be back until I see the starting eleven from last week absolutely demolish a medium to large sized buffet.

NON-BUFFET EATERS OUT!

no, i just have a point of view like you do.

i am glad my dyslexia keep you amused though :thumbsup2:

Wow. You've changed your tune! You're great at hurling abuse at others but get a bit antsy when you get it back.

The guilt trip thing isn't going to work. I've worked with dyslexic people for years and I can practically guarantee you that what you have appears not to be dyslexia. I'd get that re-assessed if I were you.

Wow. You've changed your tune! You're great at hurling abuse at others but get a bit antsy when you get it back.

The guilt trip thing isn't going to work. I've worked with dyslexic people for years and I can practically guarantee you that what you have appears not to be dyslexia. I'd get that re-assessed if I were you.

nothing changed with me and have no problem getting it back.

and yes it is :thumbsup2:

Time to get a grip here. "Post-match hospitality" might be a part of the Junior scene, but we're not a Junior club. Sticking around to see Culter's players and officials enjoying themselves isn't part of the deal for professional players. And what would the criticism on here been like if the Jags players had? "Played like that and then hung around drinking with a bunch of part-timers? What an insult to the fans! They should be ashamed to show their faces!" Etc, etc.

As far as today's concerned, I'll be there to cheer the team onto the park and every goal that goes in. And we'll win. I've never been surer of anything than we'll take this mob to the cleaners today. And I'm not going to feel sorry for the "wee" team. They've had their day, now it's time to remind them why we're a professional team and they're not. And if that's disrespectful, good. Time to be a lot less respectful all round.

Only heard about this 'diplomatic incident' at the game today.

The above post summed it up for me. Hanging around for a pie and a pint, because it's a junior thing, when you've just been a contributor to one of the most embarrassing results in the club's history? No thanks, I reckon.

I honestly fail to believe this kind of stuff is as hard and fast a part of the junior game as is being made out given some of the very intense rivalries and generally bad tempered games that take place.

My theory is, Culter laid on the spread assuming we would win and their players had just had their day in the sun, therefore everyone's happy. It turned out quite different, unfortunately.

This hospitality business may be a Junior thingy but it can't have any tradition within the Scottish Cup. Up until not that long ago cup ties weren't played to a finish on the first replay. It wasn't uncommon to have ties go to three or four games. I can't really see clubs putting on post match hospitality after every drawn game.