More Culter Shenanigans?

gianlucatoni

It would appear from watching the bbc news tonight that the team did not partake of the Culter post-match hospitality and merely boarded the bus home after the game.

Call me old fashioned but this is nothing but bad manners. I've played in plenty of junior and amateur cup matches where hospitality was laid on by the home side (especially so when the away side travels a sizeable distance) - for the visitors not to go along and have a pie, a pint and a post match blether regardless of the result is bad form indeed.

If indeed true then it could well have annoyed the fk out the Culter boys and given them an added edge tomorrow.

It would appear from watching the bbc news tonight that the team did not partake of the Culter post-match hospitality and merely boarded the bus home after the game.

Call me old fashioned but this is nothing but bad manners. I've played in plenty of junior and amateur cup matches where hospitality was laid on by the home side (especially so when the away side travels a sizeable distance) - for the visitors not to go along and have a pie, a pint and a post match blether regardless of the result is bad form indeed.

If indeed true then it could well have annoyed the fk out the Culter boys and given them an added edge tomorrow.

Totally unprofessional just like their performance

Agreed, poor show from the Club. The post-match hospitality is a big part of the Junior game so to just piss off after the game is quite bad manners. We were supposed to be a big draw for them, we should have shown a bit of class.

Edit - 'big draw', no pun intended.

Edited by cjptfc

and yet an other overreaction to an aledged slight <_<

and yet an other overreaction to an aledged slight <_<

Sure, it could be called an overreaction because I doubt anyone on here knows exactly why the team came straight home, but, as some posters have pointed out, the post-match hospitality is a key aspect of the Junior game. Anyone who has expreienced a couple will know that. I don't really see the harm in mentioning it.

Do you want a completely one-dimensional forum? I'm sure attitudes will change along with improved performances/greater professionalism shown off the park.

Sure, it could be called an overreaction because I doubt anyone on here knows exactly why the team came straight home, but, as some posters have pointed out, the post-match hospitality is a key aspect of the Junior game. Anyone who has expreienced a couple will know that. I don't really see the harm in mentioning it.

Do you want a completely one-dimensional forum? I'm sure attitudes will change along with improved performances/greater professionalism shown off the park.

if there was a problem with this after the game it is between the clubs and not us.

as for the bottom part does your holyer than thou attidue not give you the gag :thinking:

your holyer than thou attidue

:lol:

Knee-slappingly funny! Cheers, that's fairly brightened my day. Start Saturday with a giggle.

EVERYONE, LISTEN UP, DON'T COMMENT ON ANYTHING REGARDING PARTICK THISTLE THAT DOESN'T DIRECTY INVOLVE YOU. THAT'S THE CLUB AND THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER'S BUSINESS. JAGGYBUNNET SAYS SO, OKAY?!

:lol:

Knee-slappingly funny! Cheers, that's fairly brightened my day. Start Saturday with a giggle.

EVERYONE, LISTEN UP, DON'T COMMENT ON ANYTHING REGARDING PARTICK THISTLE THAT DOESN'T DIRECTY INVOLVE YOU. THAT'S THE CLUB AND THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER'S BUSINESS. JAGGYBUNNET SAYS SO, OKAY?!

not like you to jump without looking, i meant you and your attitude to the player off field activities :thumbsup2: and no need to shout :P

That the players can do what ever the f**k they like (within reason) outside the public eye, but the line should be drawn at posting things online that could embarrass the club (you know, when they're wearing the badge of Partick Thistle) or raise questions regarding their professionalism.

It's not so much about what they do, rather where they choose to display it.

Time to get a grip here. "Post-match hospitality" might be a part of the Junior scene, but we're not a Junior club. Sticking around to see Culter's players and officials enjoying themselves isn't part of the deal for professional players. And what would the criticism on here been like if the Jags players had? "Played like that and then hung around drinking with a bunch of part-timers? What an insult to the fans! They should be ashamed to show their faces!" Etc, etc.

As far as today's concerned, I'll be there to cheer the team onto the park and every goal that goes in. And we'll win. I've never been surer of anything than we'll take this mob to the cleaners today. And I'm not going to feel sorry for the "wee" team. They've had their day, now it's time to remind them why we're a professional team and they're not. And if that's disrespectful, good. Time to be a lot less respectful all round.

Confession time. When the final whistle went I stormed off down the road to catch a bus back to Aberdeen so as I could get a pint before the train. I realise now it was an action of a person that showed both disrespect to our hosts and a complete disregard for Junior protocol.

I'd like to take this belated opportunity to apologise to Culter FC, the North of Scotland Junior Association, the SFA, PTFC, the BBC and the Press and Journal. I feel that in not being present at either the clapping off the pitch or the screaming bile ceremonies I have let an awful lot of people badly down. :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Since all the info we have is that the team got straight on the bus and nothing else, isn't it possible that Thistle had agreed beforehand they'd miss out on this and leave straight away?? Consider:

1) Thistle had a long, long journey back home, so every reason to leave straight after the game.

2) Thistle aren't a junior team so it isn't their habit to stay behind after games - and if it was offered before the game I'd imagine our management said thanks but no thanks.

In the absence of any other evidence and considering my two points above, which are two known facts (plus one suppositon based on these facts) I'd say anyone who is trying to make any more of it has an axe to grind.

Edited to add: Lady-I-B, you said it far better than I could. :D

Edited by Mr Bunny

Good to see we are all playing nice this morning. Wouldn't want to see us all falling out before some of you get to the match and take that bad atmosphere with you.

Think the fundamental problem on here of late, is there are a group who think some want a forum where no one gets a slagging , you can only post compliments and no one can do no wrong.

Yet there is another group, who think the forum is only for those who constantly want to vent, everyone gets it in the neck, can only post negativity.

There is no common ground between the groups, not even, it seems, that we all support Partick Thistle.

Won't be long before Greaves start selling PTFC hard hats and shields, just to protect us against ourselves !

Good to see we are all playing nice this morning. Wouldn't want to see us all falling out before some of you get to the match and take that bad atmosphere with you.

Think the fundamental problem on here of late, is there are a group who think some want a forum where no one gets a slagging , you can only post compliments and no one can do no wrong.

Yet there is another group, who think the forum is only for those who constantly want to vent, everyone gets it in the neck, can only post negativity.

There is no common ground between the groups, not even, it seems, that we all support Partick Thistle.

Won't be long before Greaves start selling PTFC hard hats and shields, just to protect us against ourselves !

At least that would be some new merchandise!

He forgot to add "with no insight into their own behaviour"...

:D

Self-awareness might have worked a bit better...

Anyway, I know you're being humorous, but I genuinely don't think the moaners (of which I'm clearly one) want to constantly vent. I reacted with joy to the Morton result and thought we looked promising going in to the new season and said as much at the time. But I think standards are slipping on and off the field of play and that's where my attention is currently focused. Sort that and I think we'll see a marked difference on the pitch.

Yeah but this thread isn't about the bad performance in the last game - which everyone agrees it was - it's about accepting some BBC hack's interpretation of something our team did without looking at the context or seeing that there was no eveidence to back up their assumptions. I'd say that's a clear case of looking for the worst rather than thinking things through.

I don't think in general there are really two camps,though some are always looking for the worst while some for the best (though occasionally overdoing it) in any situation. If there are camps, some folk swap camps sometimes. A very few try to take a realistic view.