Aberdeen Going Down?

Aberdeenjag

I'd put a punt on inverness

They've just rattled off a couple of good away wins. Dunfermline have only won once in their last 10 league games.

That said, the SPL title race was over in October but it's changed somewhat now.

Lots of time for everything to change again, but, I still fancy Aberdeen could be in big trouble this time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if Aberdeen got relegated. Or Hibs. Or Hearts. Or Killie. Or Motherwell. Or Dundee Utd.

And if we don't go up (there's almost no chance now, I reckon), I'd be delighted for Ross County to go up.

I just noticed that Ross County are already 14 POINTS ahead of us, and 9 ahead of Falkirk. It will take a pretty serious collapse of form for them to blow it.

I saw that but the cynic in me thinks that the SPL would find a way to rule that their plans are non-compliant.

Perhaps but they could share with ICT.

I wonder with the very real possibility Aberdeen or Hibs could be involved what the current SPL thinking is with regard to reintroducing the play offs. I had heard that as a concession to league reconstruction that was more than a remote possibility. I'd imagine while there's the a strong chance one of the "big" clubs could be involved the idea is now very much on the back burner.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

see the way we're playing at times this season, and if we keep not getting the results, i wouldn't be too complacent about us playing first div football next season. i think we may be be heading for relegation scrap

Our next 3 matches are against sides that are below us - Morton (a), Rovers (h) and Queens (h). If we take 6 to 9 points, we should be in a much stronger position. January will be a tough month for us so we cannot afford to slip up.

would love to see them coming down..they really are a bad lot

Why are Aberdeen a bad lot? Is it the shame their Euro success brought upon Scottish football? Their complete absence of nonsensical religious bile?

Or just the fact they're based in the most affluent city in Scotland? :huh:

Why are Aberdeen a bad lot? Is it the shame their Euro success brought upon Scottish football? Their complete absence of nonsensical religious bile?

Or just the fact they're based in the most affluent city in Scotland? :huh:

Or the fact that they are arrogant c*nts who live in the past and feel they have a divine right to success. Long may their trophy-less run continue.

Or the fact that they are arrogant c*nts who live in the past and feel they have a divine right to success. Long may their trophy-less run continue.

Feel like thay have a divine right to success? Are you serious? They're one of the most knowledgable and articulate set of supporters I've encountered - delusion is rife amongst many, but not among the Aberdonians.

They have (for a long, long time) had the 4th highest wage bill/budget in the country. To expect to be challenging at the other end of the table is obviously only natural.

Feel like thay have a divine right to success? Are you serious? They're one of the most knowledgable and articulate set of supporters I've encountered - delusion is rife amongst many, but not among the Aberdonians.

They have (for a long, long time) had the 4th highest wage bill/budget in the country. To expect to be challenging at the other end of the table is obviously only natural.

Haha, what team do you really support?? I've 'encountered' (as you put it) enough of them on Scotland trips to form my opinion which is, of course, just an opinion.

Regarding your point on delusion, their boring and ridiculous campaign for Lee Miller to be an automatic starter for Scotland was enough to prove delusion is rife in Aberdeen I would have thought!!

Pish.

Part of my family are Dons fans are they are as arrogant as OF fans when it comes to football.

The demanded sacking of Jimmy Calderwood, who did a great job, shows how big they think they are.

They also have the worst accent in Scotland.

Haha, what team do you really support?? I've 'encountered' (as you put it) enough of them on Scotland trips to form my opinion which is, of course, just an opinion.

Regarding your point on delusion, their boring and ridiculous campaign for Lee Miller to be an automatic starter for Scotland was enough to prove delusion is rife in Aberdeen I would have thought!!

I can't think of a single Dons fan who thought Lee Miller should start for Scotland! General consensus was although he was great at holding the ball up and terrific at flick ons, you could have opened a brothel next door to his house with free admission and he still wouldn't have scored......

Also the term "running in quicksand" was invented for him.

For the record, I'm a lifelong Jags fan who now lives in the North East - as such I go to many Aberdeen games. I'm a football fan :P

Pish.

Part of my family are Dons fans are they are as arrogant as OF fans when it comes to football.

The demanded sacking of Jimmy Calderwood, who did a great job, shows how big they think they are.

They also have the worst accent in Scotland.

Most of my family are central belters like yourself. Interestingly I find their accent as offensive as you find mine :unsure:

On the Jimmy Calderwood issue, the quality of football played in the last two years of his tenure was pretty abysmal even if results were only declining gradually. It was, just simply, time for a parting of the ways. Every manager has a shelf life. The problem was in his replacement, the abominably abysmal Mark McGhee, Aberdeens worst ever manager (even worse than Alex Miller....). It'll take a long time to sort the mess he left behind.

Most of my family are central belters like yourself. Interestingly I find their accent as offensive as you find mine :unsure:

On the Jimmy Calderwood issue, the quality of football played in the last two years of his tenure was pretty abysmal even if results were only declining gradually. It was, just simply, time for a parting of the ways. Every manager has a shelf life. The problem was in his replacement, the abominably abysmal Mark McGhee, Aberdeens worst ever manager (even worse than Alex Miller....). It'll take a long time to sort the mess he left behind.

Are you upsetting the natives Grimlock???

What will happen when Aberdeen do go down and play Thistle next season (unless of course we pip the League title!?

Will you loyalties be divided?!! :thinking:

Are you upsetting the natives Grimlock???

What will happen when Aberdeen do go down and play Thistle next season (unless of course we pip the League title!?

Will you loyalties be divided?!! :thinking:

I am trying :lol:

Last time Jags were in the top flight my loyalties were divided - until around 5 minutes in. I won't tell you which way I swung :innocent:

Edited by Grimlock