Aberdeen Going Down?

Aberdeenjag

Looking forward to Aberdeen dropping into the first division....its not a certainty obviously but you never know

If we don't get promoted it gives me two extra "home" games to go to.

If we do get promoted (hahaha) think of the fun I can have with the Dandy Dons in the family I have married into.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to Aberdeen dropping into the first division....its not a certainty obviously but you never know

If we don't get promoted it gives me two extra "home" games to go to.

If we do get promoted (hahaha) think of the fun I can have with the Dandy Dons in the family I have married into.....

Nah they won't get relegated...if they finish bottom you can bet the SelfPreservationLeague will hastily find a league reconstruction plan that works for everyone.

Was listening to Off The Ball on the way into Firhill tho and they were suggesting Ross Co (if they win the league) be used as guinea pigs for having safe standing areas.

I wouldn't complain if they used both seats and stands. I loved the stands when I went to games 10 years ago when I was a wee man. Obviously they would need to get seats as well for elderly but tam and Stewart are makin a good point.

I wouldn't complain if they used both seats and stands. I loved the stands when I went to games 10 years ago when I was a wee man. Obviously they would need to get seats as well for elderly but tam and Stewart are makin a good point.

Agreed, that's what makes trips to Ayr and Dingwall such good trips, that and the bevy and banter that goes along with those away days. As a wee boy I used to ask my dad if we were goin in the stand today, when he said yes it was brill...except I thought the stand was were you stood. Imagine my disappointment when we went in the Main Stand as usual.

There was a place for the all seater stadium rule for big clubs but there was no point enforcing it in Scotland except with the ugly sisters and the National Stadium. Part of the reason why so many of our 'top clubs' are in the financial grubber now imo.

Edited by Steven H

I'm assuming that the SPL - and by association ESPN - are happy with Ross County's principled stand on not playing on a Sunday? altogether now, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Jesus isn't looking.

They have played on a Sunday.

Their chairman (McGregor?) chose not to attend.

Conspiracy to keep Aberdeen up? I'd suggest the exact opposite is, and always has, been the case. Central belt bias rules, always has.

I'm Aberdeen(shire) based too, and as much as I'd love a couple more local Jags games a season for me to attend, it's certainly not in Scottish footballs interest for such a big club to drop down. Can you imagine the sponsors/TV companies/etc when they watch Aberdeen drop out the league, to be replaced by a bunch of semi-bankrupt Highlanders with a non existent fan base? :rolleyes:

The SPL was, of course, expanded the year that Aberdeen finished in 10th place. They only stayed up because Falkirk (who finished 3rd) didn't have a ground of adequate standard to be eligible for the play-off.

They were grim that year, but they did make 2 cup finals. Rod Wallace broke Jim Leighton's jaw. I remember being quite annoyed when that happened.

Conspiracy to keep Aberdeen up? I'd suggest the exact opposite is, and always has, been the case. Central belt bias rules, always has.

I'm Aberdeen(shire) based too, and as much as I'd love a couple more local Jags games a season for me to attend, it's certainly not in Scottish footballs interest for such a big club to drop down. Can you imagine the sponsors/TV companies/etc when they watch Aberdeen drop out the league, to be replaced by a bunch of semi-bankrupt Highlanders with a non existent fan base? :rolleyes:

Aberdeen have been so poor for so long that I reckon relegation would do them good in the same way Hibs benefitted in '99 or thereabouts and Killie in the late 80's when they dropped to the old second division.

All of a sudden they were winning every week and the crowds came back big time.

You are absolutely right...what we should be doing in looking for Peterheid to get promoted up to our league giving us a few close to home games...the last time I was up there it was feckin brilliant.

Thanks for the responses folks...I actually believe Pa Broon will drag them out of the bottom spot