Hmrc Says No

Norgethistle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the latest figure on the HMRC bill, and how does this compare with their overall debt?

The 'wee tax case' which they have accepted but not paid, is £2.8 million. Plus interest and penalties (which depending when they settle, will be somewhere between £1 million and £2.5 million).

The 'big tax case' which they have been fighting but will lose according to anyone who isn't a deluded h u n, is believed to be somewhere between £36 million and £49 million (the Bain papers stated £49 million, but its generally agreed Bain's figures are worse case scenario (before penalties), but minimum common concensous figure is £36 million ..... the monetary difference between the two is due to a technical argument over whether the EBT contributions should be considered pre- or post-tax).

For the 'big tax case', the penalty would be determined in a separate tribunal and would likely be an additional £12-18 million.

So, in all, the HMRC bill looks like it will end up somewhere between £52 million and £73 million.

What's the latest figure on the HMRC bill, and how does this compare with their overall debt?

And regarding their debt, it was £18 million owed to Lloyds pre-Whyte.

He hasn't written it off, just transferred it really, and with failure to qualify for and progress in europe (twice) this season, it's estimated by those in the know, they will suffer a shortfall and loss of something in the region of £10 to £17 million if they make it to end of 2011/12 season.

So, in theory, the H u n s will also have a overall debt of £28-35 million.

Thus, come May 2012, the H u n s could technically be in the red to the tune of anything between £80 million and £108 million.

Or, in an ideal world, cease to exist.

And regarding their debt, it was £18 million owed to Lloyds pre-Whyte.

He hasn't written it off, just transferred it really, and with failure to qualify for and progress in europe (twice) this season, it's estimated by those in the know, they will suffer a shortfall and loss of something in the region of £10 to £17 million if they make it to end of 2011/12 season.

So, in theory, the H u n s will also have a overall debt of £28-35 million.

Thus, come May 2012, the H u n s could technically be in the red to the tune of anything between £80 million and £108 million.

Or, in an ideal world, cease to exist.

Looking at those figures it's difficult to see how your last statement won't come true. Cheers for that :)

Linfield supporters without the ferry fare

Airdrie perhaps.

Norge, when can we expect this wonderful news? I can't say I'm fussed about the collapse of Rangers but I'm concerned about the knock-on effect it could have for the rest of the clubs. I include Thistle in that. Scottish football's a village.

Still, brew up a pint of coffee, grab the chocolate biscuits and sit down to watch the fun.

As long as, if r@ng*rs, go bust, their dead-eyed, knuckle-dragging zombie follow-followers don't end up at Firhill.

As long as they don't bring any of their pishy baggage, they are welcome at Firhill IMO.

Anyone willing to go and support another team is likely to be the kind of fan that just wants to go and watch a game - this might actually end up being good for us.

I'm sure there are Rangers fans who just want to watch football and hate the pish that surrounds the old firm.

I don't see whats different from this and people saying 'if Thistle went bust, i'd be off to support Queens Park' or whoever. i have read such comments on here more than once in the past few years.

1. As long as they don't bring any of their pishy baggage, they are welcome at Firhill IMO.

Anyone willing to go and support another team is likely to be the kind of fan that just wants to go and watch a game - this might actually end up being good for us.

2. I'm sure there are Rangers fans who just want to watch football and hate the pish that surrounds the old firm.

3. I don't see whats different from this and people saying 'if Thistle went bust, i'd be off to support Queens Park' or whoever. i have read such comments on here more than once in the past few years.

1. Have you ever met an o*d f*rm fan who doesn't have at least some pishy baggage?

2. So why do they go and support them in the first place? Glory hunting? More likely due to some deep-seated (if mostly un-conscious) bigotry at some level.

3. The difference, for me, is I'd NEVER go and support either cheek of the o*d f*rm @rse, even if they were the last 2 football teams on the planet!

1. Have you ever met an o*d f*rm fan who doesn't have at least some pishy baggage?

2. So why do they go and support them in the first place? Glory hunting? More likely due to some deep-seated (if mostly un-conscious) bigotry at some level.

3. The difference, for me, is I'd NEVER go and support either cheek of the o*d f*rm @rse, even if they were the last 2 football teams on the planet!

A sweeping and, frankly, ignorant generalisation. A lot of OF fans are simply follow the team that their families and friends support. They are taken to Ipox or Darkheid as children and stick with the team. Not all OF firms are bigots but a significant proportion are. I know several of the former group who switched to the Jags. Sadly, there are idiots who would hound them out of Firhill rather than accept them as coverts to the red and yellow.