Kenny Arthur Wants Hame!

Davie Thistle

He was loaned to Gainsborough Trinity - I've seen that level of football and thought he was better than that. I wouldn't mind him coming in as back up, though that would mark the end of Scully. I do think KA is ocussing more on his business these days though.

He was loaned to Gainsborough Trinity - I've seen that level of football and thought he was better than that. I wouldn't mind him coming in as back up, though that would mark the end of Scully. I do think KA is ocussing more on his business these days though.

Gainsborough are in the Conference North. Blyth Spartans are bottom of that league and 13 points from safety. That's about our level.

Don't think it would be a good move for Kenny or the club.

Goalkeeper is one of the positions where we are actually strong, and I'd be disappointed if we wasted a wage on another keeper rather than a centre half.

From Kenny's point of view, I don't think he will be the same player who won back to back championships with the club and in order to preserve his legendary status at Firhill he shouldn't come back.

Gainsborough are in the Conference North. Blyth Spartans are bottom of that league and 13 points from safety. That's about our level.

It really isn't. I saw Gainsborough beat Ilkeston Town 5-2 a couple of years back at Ilkeston, it was poor poor stuff, definitely below what I've seen at Firhill (not that much lower I suppose).

Don't think it would be a good move for Kenny or the club.

Goalkeeper is one of the positions where we are actually strong, and I'd be disappointed if we wasted a wage on another keeper rather than a centre half.

From Kenny's point of view, I don't think he will be the same player who won back to back championships with the club and in order to preserve his legendary status at Firhill he shouldn't come back.

Sign him and play him at centre half!! fit right in with this continental style a fitba we are now playing :-)

Said in jest but if Kenny could only pass on his penalty saving skills to Mr Fox???

Things said in jest and all that but saving penalties most certainly can't be included in Arthur's list of faults. Conversely Scott has unquestionably a lot going for him but he certainly hasn't to date exactly put the fear of death into the various penalty takers he's been up against.

Said in jest but if Kenny could only pass on his penalty saving skills to Mr Fox???

Things said in jest and all that but saving penalties most certainly can't be included in Arthur's list of faults. Conversely Scott has unquestionably a lot going for him but he certainly hasn't to date exactly put the fear of death into the various penalty takers he's been up against.

That would be great.

Realistically, if Fox had Kenny's penalty saving abilities, he probably wouldn't be playing for us.

That would be great.

Realistically, if Fox had Kenny's penalty saving abilities, he probably wouldn't be playing for us.

Or the Tuffmeister's.

I was thinking about Tuffey the other day. How should his move to ICT be considered, as a retrograde step for his career, or the best thing to do? Certainly he's on more money, but he's played no more than a handful of first-team games in a year and a half. His international career has clearly stagnated, but he was probably advised that another season with a Scottish 1st Division team that was going nowhere would be the end of his career in any case. But then, at least he would have been playing, and getting the chance to show that he was capable of better things. Where'll he go when ICT dump him at the end of his contract?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Or the Tuffmeister's.

I was thinking about Tuffey the other day. How should his move to ICT be considered, as a retrograde step for his career, or the best thing to do? Certainly he's on more money, but he's played no more than a handful of first-team games in a year and a half. His international career has clearly stagnated, but he was probably advised that another season with a Scottish 1st Division team that was going nowhere would be the end of his career in any case. But then, at least he would have been playing, and getting the chance to show that he was capable of better things. Where'll he go when ICT dump him at the end of his contract?

Being abroad you're probably unaware that Tuffey played on Saturday and made a howler, which not only cost ICT a goal but led to the sending off of one of their players..

Being abroad you're probably unaware that Tuffey played on Saturday and made a howler, which not only cost ICT a goal but led to the sending off of one of their players..

I didnae ken that, thanks. I have a feeling that ICT have lost every match in which Tuffey has played. Unless Esson is injured, I don't see him getting any kind of run.

He was also on Twitter making a point about that kind of thing happening as a consequence of not getting a regular game.

As for his move to ICT, I reckon it's been a disaster for him. He had the h uns scouting him when he was with us and would surely have got a better move than a benchwarmer at what I consider a smaller club (although in a bigger league) to Thistle.

Tuffey's wasted 2 years of his career in Inverness, he needs to get the hell out of there ASAP to somewhere he'll be first choice- I wouldn't swap him for Fox though.

As for Kenny, thanks but no thanks- he's , what, 33/34 now?. If he's concentrating on his business he could probably do a decent job for a PT 2nd division team.

Tuffey's wasted 2 years of his career in Inverness, he needs to get the hell out of there ASAP to somewhere he'll be first choice- I wouldn't swap him for Fox though.

As for Kenny, thanks but no thanks- he's , what, 33/34 now?. If he's concentrating on his business he could probably do a decent job for a PT 2nd division team.

But how many SFL teams have spare cash for another goalkeeper? He will probably have to play for beer money this season.

Edited by kni

• 5 months later...