Transfer Window

Jaggernaut

When does the transfer window close? From my daily superficial scan of the papers there doesn't seem to be much happening at our level. I was hoping that somebody would come in for yon young Falkirk striker who's scoring for fun, and so dent their promotion challenge hopes.

Anybody got any info on who's away from where?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually the 31st of the month unless the 31st is at the weekend in which case the date is usually extended to the 1st Feb. Since the 31st this year is on a Tuesday, then that will be the date. Scottish clubs usually get until midnight, an hour later than our English counterparts.

I see Beattie is touting selling Sinclair in today's Glaswegian.

http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/football/partick-thistle-fc/2012/01/18/partick-thistle-stung-as-sponsor-macb-go-bust-but-aaron-sinclair-sale-could-ease-blow-102692-23705550/

IMO, he had his worst game for Thistle against QOS and a poor one by his standards on Friday. Any scouts watching those games could have failed to be impressed. Fine by me if he stays.

Could be due to nerves/pressure of being watched by scouts from big clubs.

The lad clearly does have potential, it is in his interests to make the move as soon as possible. There is the tired old cliche about proving yourself more at this level, getting more first team action up here and so on. But at the end of the day he's best going before we suck his footballing skills out of him and he becomes another average no hoper that never came good.

I've seen this sort of comment a few times about us "ruining" good prospects. I don't buy it. Where is the responsibility on the players. Aaron Sinclair is a professional footballer. If his career goes nowhere, then it's his problem, not ours.

For me, Martin Lauchlan was an over rated, one paced, lower league diddy winger, and his career (or lack of) proved me right. But a lot of you felt he left us too early, went to St Johnstone and fell off the face of the earth. I see him mentioned in a lot of "Whatever happened to such and such" type threads, as if he was the next coming of christ or something. It's the players responsibility, of course coaching etc helps, but Thistle have done well by him, stuck by him during some questionable form, but I don't buy that we ruin prospects. If anything, I'd say players leave us too soon after hitting good form.

Harkins stagnated at Dundee, put on weight, and for me isn't half the player he was. Even older players, Toastie, Grady, they all think the grass is greener at bigger clubs, sometimes staying put and playing games is the best solution.

I've seen this sort of comment a few times about us "ruining" good prospects. I don't buy it. Where is the responsibility on the players. Aaron Sinclair is a professional footballer. If his career goes nowhere, then it's his problem, not ours.

For me, Martin Lauchlan was an over rated, one paced, lower league diddy winger, and his career (or lack of) proved me right. But a lot of you felt he left us too early, went to St Johnstone and fell off the face of the earth. I see him mentioned in a lot of "Whatever happened to such and such" type threads, as if he was the next coming of christ or something. It's the players responsibility, of course coaching etc helps, but Thistle have done well by him, stuck by him during some questionable form, but I don't buy that we ruin prospects. If anything, I'd say players leave us too soon after hitting good form.

Harkins stagnated at Dundee, put on weight, and for me isn't half the player he was. Even older players, Toastie, Grady, they all think the grass is greener at bigger clubs, sometimes staying put and playing games is the best solution.

The former players that have "stagnated" have not moved to big clubs. In the 70s and 80s, the players that we sold to the OF and English clubs did well, several becoming full internationals.

Sinclair has done nowhere near enough to earn a big move IMO. If he does get a move to Leeds or suchlike, it surely must be down to desperation on their part. Just shows you where a bit of pace and a left foot can get you, because based on recent performances, that's about all he's got.

Changed days now though, who was the last player we produced went onto big things?

Archie I thought would be an international after he left us, that season in SPL he was excellent, but he stalled. After that I'm honestly looking just for someone that played SPL for a year or two. So far, all I can think of is Derek Lyle!

Is that all we're capable of?

stagnated so much he got a move to the spl and is their top performer. yeah, he's not the player he was when he played for us. :rolleyes:

stagnated so much he got a move to the spl and is their top performer. yeah, he's not the player he was when he played for us. :rolleyes:

After 3 seasons or somethin? On a free?

My point is I always felt Harkins was destined for bigger things, maybe a move to the championship. Yet he stayed in a diddy league comparable to the conference for what could/should have been the prime of his career.

Aaron Sinclair is definitely good enough to play on the

Premiership one day. Those times he did those amazing performances were amazing. He's been really unlucky not to have scored 20 goals at least this season and I don't know how we've conceded as

Many as we have with him playing. We shouldn't let him go as he's the linchpin of our team. However, if we do let him go it should be ASAP - so we can all get over the

Loss sooner - and only for at least 500,000...

• Members

Feckin hell! Make me feel old why don't you all. Peter Lorimer, only one of the all time great Scottish footballers and probably THE hardest hitter of a football ever! You guys don't know what you missed!!! Google some youtube videos of Leeds United in the early 70's under Don Revie. Dirtiest great football playing team ever with the likes of Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles as good at kicking opponents as they were at kicking a football (Giles in particular had a really sweet left foot!).

In fact......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wweh3ROiqWI The passing sequence at the end of the game is way ahead of anything Barcelona have ever done. p,s, (There's better footage on youtube but this is the shortest one I could find quickly. You wont be disappointed.)

• Members

:D Watch it McK!!!

Anyway, further to my Leeds video post above found these highlights of that game, extended highlights, great footage considering the age. I cant recommend highly enough watching this if you like entertaining football. Part 3 for the Barcelona beating passing sequences!

Part 1... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2dBxMpzWs&list=UUZ8fvolOIoszdBZwyGRjP2A&index=18&feature=plcp

Part 2... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9sr0PaCYiI&list=UUZ8fvolOIoszdBZwyGRjP2A&index=17&feature=plcp