Offer On Next Two Home Games

proudjag

Save The Jags, possibly the worst thing that could have happenned to Thistle.

It gave the fans/Trust delusions of grandeur, that they should be part of every decision made at the Club.

It also gave the Club the chance to lay guilt at the door of every thistle fan from then onwards, through begging letters for season tickets, transfer money, new fund raisers that get introduced and fail on a yearly basis,

And the now yearly proclamation: the club will die if the crowds don't increase... It's the fans fault, we just didn't give the Club, every spare penny we had.

oh and the new seed thats being sown over the last couple of years: supporting thistle is not about entertainment or winning, its about parting with your money every week, no matter what dross you are being forced to watch, because if you don't the club will die.

Hear hear

As a ST holder, im not bothered about these deals and I'm actually pleased that the club are trying things to get more people in. Who can argue with that?

I can, though, understand why some folk feel aggrieved.

An easy solution to this (an appeasement if you like) would for the club to maybe hold a raffle towards the end of the season for all ST holders and offer a couple of prizes like a match-worn top or Hospitality for two, an invite to the dressing room pre-match - anything that would be a wee bit special to a fan but not overly expensive for the club to arrange.

As for the smart alec suggestion of money off a top, not many folk in their 60s wear a football top to games.

Warriors game, that's gone next season.

Most folk in their 60s will have grandchildren or other young relatives they can use the voucher on to make the brainwashing process slightly cheaper.

With the Warriors voucher I was only commenting on the offer the past few seasons, I'm sure something else will come up in the future. Two or three seasons ago was there not a whole load of vouchers for various things... why haven't the club continued with that?

the season ticket system is a throwback to the days when football was played at 3.00 pm every other saturday - it only really works well for, say, bigger EPL clubs where currently demand way outstrips supply. initiatives such as the 3 & 5 match tickets and the friday night games add options to increase numbers and appear to have been a success so hope this one is too.

that said, something that adds value for the season ticket holder wouldn't go amiss.

Season tickets allow the club to work out a budget in advance, it allows players to be signed knowing that the money is there to pay them for the season. That's why season tickets are so important to the club.

Any deal which gets more numbers into Firhill should be applauded but care should be taken not to devalue the season ticket so much that people decide not to get one.

Sorry but I think this is a massive kick in the teeth for ST holders.

Between Friday night football and now this, truthfully what incentives are there for me to buy a ticket next year?

Incentive??? surely watching your beloved jags in a 80% empty stadium and stumbling to yet another midtable finish is incentive enough :yawn:

Save The Jags, possibly the worst thing that could have happenned to Thistle.

It gave the fans/Trust delusions of grandeur, that they should be part of every decision made at the Club.

It also gave the Club the chance to lay guilt at the door of every thistle fan from then onwards, through begging letters for season tickets, transfer money, new fund raisers that get introduced and fail on a yearly basis,

And the now yearly proclamation: the club will die if the crowds don't increase... It's the fans fault, we just didn't give the Club, every spare penny we had.

oh and the new seed thats being sown over the last couple of years: supporting thistle is not about entertainment or winning, its about parting with your money every week, no matter what dross you are being forced to watch, because if you don't the club will die.

That post is one of the best of the season :thumbsup2:

chico , I was born in 71. Been following the Jags since about 77/78. I could probably count on one hand the number of promotions, and cup runs to at least the quarter finals during then till now.

Are things great at this minute, most certainly not. They have, however, in my opinion been a hell of a lot worse than they are today. It seems to be a bit like "Groundhog" day on here at times. The stadium is crap, the team is crap, crowds are crap. Board are crap, youth set up is crap etc etc.

As a group of supporters we are all guilty of highlighting what's wrong, but none of us seem to want to do anything about it. Any "stay away" fan who was thinking of coming back and has been on here over the last few months, would surely never set foot inside Firhill again !

Like so many i don't have the answers mate, wish i did. Surely there has got to be more we can do, than just moan on a forum about the same things over and over.

It seems to be a bit like "Groundhog" day on here at times. The stadium is crap, the team is crap, crowds are crap. Board are crap, youth set up is crap etc etc.

As a group of supporters we are all guilty of highlighting what's wrong, but none of us seem to want to do anything about it.

Surely there has got to be more we can do, than just moan on a forum about the same things over and over.

the team, stadium, board, youth set up... all things we can not influence... but all have an effect on why the crowd is crap.

The club is living from week to week, if it was an oap on life support, the machine would have been switched off.

I've noticed a few posts on here from certain individuals in the culture of "why don't I get money off my ticket?", "why don't the club give more offers to fans?" etc etc. Excuse my capitals here but THE CLUB IS SKINT. IT NEEDS ALL THE MONEY IT CAN GET.

If you were to ask me are season tickets holders better fans then I would say "Yes". I don't have a season ticket as I work in London but that's still a poorish excuse. Season tickets give the club money up front and helps them to plan for the season. People buy season tickets because they love and support the club. This is way above any kind of entertainment or hobby. Supporting a club makes no logical or financial sense but people do it because they care and are a little bit mental.

For the club to offer other incentives in terms of 2 for 1 or the 3,5,7 ticket deals then good for them. It's a fact of life where you special offers are given for holiday's, restaurants, sales in shops etc.

The club is doing a lot especially the U16's free and investing in youth. Lets support the board in whatever positive actions they try. They don't do this for any financial gain. They may be better off than the average Joe but are definitely not individually wealthy enough to pour money into the club. Every day they spend at the club is a day they are not earning in their real job.

Last game I was at was Dundee 0-0. Baltic but enjoyable game. Last time I saw fans (and excuse me for missing people including Jags Trust, people who run message board, organising quizes, trying to generate cash and have fun) doing anything positive was the 50/50 sellers especially the man with good banter at the top of the hill to the JH Stand and the 2 men who organised the Firhill Cup Day. Positive actions. Positive outcomes. Look at the state of Rangers. 18000 for Dundee Utd because they have no cash and poor run of results.

We are better than them. We are in it together. <Take deep breath>

chico , I was born in 71. Been following the Jags since about 77/78. I could probably count on one hand the number of promotions, and cup runs to at least the quarter finals during then till now.

Are things great at this minute, most certainly not. They have, however, in my opinion been a hell of a lot worse than they are today. It seems to be a bit like "Groundhog" day on here at times. The stadium is crap, the team is crap, crowds are crap. Board are crap, youth set up is crap etc etc.

As a group of supporters we are all guilty of highlighting what's wrong, but none of us seem to want to do anything about it. Any "stay away" fan who was thinking of coming back and has been on here over the last few months, would surely never set foot inside Firhill again !

Like so many i don't have the answers mate, wish i did. Surely there has got to be more we can do, than just moan on a forum about the same things over and over.

I take this all on board Lenny, but for some reason things are different this season, for the last 3 seasons we have been rebuilding, then we appoint a rookie manager and its back to square one..rebuilding yet again..it is tiresome and as the years go on the quality on offer is in steep decline, I think there is a fair bit of jealousy in my current mood and opinion of all things PTFC at the moment.

You look at some of the sides in the SPL.. St J and ICT to name a couple and by christ we should be up there.

The years of mismanagement and wasted cash have now really come to a head..where do we go from here??

I honestly refuse to believe we couldn't have been in with a shout this year....just seems we are going round and round in circles.

I will yet again try and put my postive head on for next season...but each year its getting harder and harder.

The other thing I haven't posted about much over the last few months is the cup exits..these really were a disgrace and i think these results have cut deep into the support

Season tickets allow the club to work out a budget in advance, it allows players to be signed knowing that the money is there to pay them for the season. That's why season tickets are so important to the club.

Any deal which gets more numbers into Firhill should be applauded but care should be taken not to devalue the season ticket so much that people decide not to get one.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there and I hope that those at the club making decisions on season tickets/admission prices for next season are looking at lots of different models before coming to a decision.

cup defeats were a disgrace chico, and i agree they have probably lost us some support.

McCall was good for us but did not deliver on a good few of the promises. Yeah we lost some players but I think he was guilty of raising some of the expectations on others who played for us.

This season I think we are very good defensively but we are sorely lacking up front. I hoped the guys we had would get a lot of goals but I admit to date I've been wrong in my hope. i also think we lack a creative player in midfield.

In saying that, there are a few young lads at the club and they are learning as they go along. I never expected to challenge this season but I think we are performing better than a good few teams who have plenty more experience than us. I'm prepared to let Jackie rebuild the squad, get his ideas across and hope that we are in the thick of a promotion challenge next season. We MUST also improve in the cups.

As a ST holder, im not bothered about these deals and I'm actually pleased that the club are trying things to get more people in. Who can argue with that?

I can, though, understand why some folk feel aggrieved.

An easy solution to this (an appeasement if you like) would for the club to maybe hold a raffle towards the end of the season for all ST holders and offer a couple of prizes like a match-worn top or Hospitality for two, an invite to the dressing room pre-match - anything that would be a wee bit special to a fan but not overly expensive for the club to arrange.

A very reasonable suggestion. Probably won't happen.