Just In

GrantB

Disgraceful performance. Lack of effort from a lot of those players. Gavin Griffin should have started that game. I have seen him in the reserves a few times and he looks a good player and is a natural left back. Him and paton were the only ones who looked as if they cared. Paton might not be a great player but he always tries hard and appreciates the supporters. There is no shape to the team, half of them are playing out of position. Kal Naismith should go back to rangers, he thinks he is better than he actually is. I heard he was mostly a sub for cowdenbeath in his loan spell. Christie Elliot should get off twitter and actually put some effort in and fight for the ball. Stephen Odonnell is a nightmare, he dosnt look interested. I can accept losing a match but not in those circumstances when there is no heart from nearly all the thistle team.

Today reminded me of us under Whyte & Britton. No idea of how to get the team going when their confidence is low. In fact the current team is even worse as before at least we made chances.

Go along with that.

I actually think we played our best football this season at Almondvale, the 1-2 defeat back in September. We took nothing from that game but at least we could feel a youngish team could only improve. Certainly I doubt even the most pessimistic amongst us could've predicted how absolutely shit we'd be on our next visit.

I'm not one that questions McNamara's motivational/man-management skills as I simply doubt there's ever many folk in football his age have those abilities.. I do tho' wonder how a guy, who must have played alongside inspirational characters for most of his playing career, can assemble so many players lacking a bit of grit in the one team and still expect to see a fight back.

Scariest thing for me today was that we were beaten by a side who had no manager and were probably on average younger but even if not had certainly no more experience than our lot.. I could take a defeat against a team of journeymen who at least had a bit of experience but today's debacle against a bunch of kids is awfy hard to take.

His after match interview infuriates me!!!.. I was there today!!!.. I dont need you to tell me what went wrong.. I and everyone else seen quite clearly there was no fight.. the big ******* question though?

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he should stop writing his brilliant! comedy and do some actual ******* work!!

extra exclamation marks are for added expletives!!!!!!!

.total nightmare today.absolutely sickened.i work in bathgate and was meant to be workin till 4 and managed to get away early.

As I hadnt been to any games for a while I was well up for it and couldnt wait for the game, thinking the team might actually show up after a few weeks off.£17 to get in for 55 mins of fcuking torture. for the first few mins it looked like the players were up for it then we turned shite. mcnamara said in the preview( as he says in every preview) we've been working on things in training this week, what the **** have they been working on? still shite defensively,still shite at set pieces and still shite at defending set pieces, totally fcking clueless when the midfield get the ball it ends back with the defence. it would be nice if they actually looked like they knew each other. i left right after they scored their third, I was losing the head when it went 2-0 and didnt want to infuriate myself any more.

why JM insists on playing so many folk out of position and moving our best players out of position to accomodate others baffles me, paton was pish at right back so he gets moved to midfield, shite there so gets moved to centre back, if hes not good enough to play right back then why the fcuk is he playing centre back? i understand we've got injuries but play players suited to their best position.

this new boy welsh coming into centre mid and cairney stuck out on the right like a spare part and bannigan on the left, bannigan is fcking useless, nowhere near good enough, he should take a look at the young livvy boys, especially the wee number 10 i think in midfield, he was 5 foot nothing, looked about 14 and was running the show in midfield like a mini xavi while our midfield are chasing showdows,its embarrasing.cant believe when rowser went off we went with bannigan and welsh in the middle, as soon as i seen that i should have left, that was the nail in the coffin, then within 40 seconds of the 2nd half starting its game over.things were poor under mccall but mcnamara has taken it to a new low, its as bad as it was under the bunnet.

time to go Jackie(although it will never happen, we'll wait until we're in the second division before we get our fingers out our arse)

It was that bad I actually enjoyed my work more from 8 til 1.30 than i enjoyed the match from 3 til 4.15

If being young and hungry is the problem, perhaps we should play some of the lads on the youth team like Burns/MacBeth/Fraser. I bet with all the on-loan players who get chosen for first team ahead of them, they would be right hungry for a game.

Can Jackie and Sid name themselves for the starting 11? If I were manager, I would strongly consider telling the players, "Watch me, and I'll teach you how to play like you give a f***."

We are the Living Dead. Unless the club gets more finance in, this season will be repeated until there's no-one left who wants to watch and the closure of the club will become a kindness. And we're not alone. What about Morton, Raith Rovers, Queen of the South, Ayr United and the rest of those clubs outside the SPL? Falkirk are still running off the back of the money they made from the sale of their ground and their time in the top division; Dundee are staggering on largely through the will of their supporters not to give up, although how many seasons in the First will it take for that to start leaking away, as it did with us? Ross County have sufficient finance currently to put together a team with enough experience to get into the SPL, but not stay there. What will happen to them when they fall back to earth and their small fan base isn't enough to finance another promotion charge? Unless the bigger picture changes, First Divison clubs will become part-time watched by ever decreasing numbers of people. And the SPL will carry on as a two, maybe in the future, one, horse race, with teams managed by cheap foreign managers playing cheap foreign players while the young men of Scotland give up on the national game for other pastimes, such as alcohol, drugs and, if recent research is anything to go by, early death by suicide! SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE! :angry3:

If being young and hungry is the problem, perhaps we should play some of the lads on the youth team like Burns/MacBeth/Fraser. I bet with all the on-loan players who get chosen for first team ahead of them, they would be right hungry for a game.

Am I right in saying that a good number of these young players we're getting in on loan are on Darren Jackson's books? P*sses me off that we are giving him the chance to put his players in the shop window while our own sit on the bench or don't even make it. Granted the likes of Bannigan wasn't great yesterday, but no worse than Welsh or Cole in my eyes.

A centre back playing left back, a central midfielder playing centre half and a right back playing centre half. plus the worst right back for years. no wonder we lost 3. i left with 15 mins left, poor show i know but meant I got to the pub quicker. no fight, no clue. plus cairney, our most effective player this year, punted into no mans land on the right. I know we have injuries/suspensions but like its been said livis "boys" gave us a doing.

PS: bollan sacked for not giving youth a chance....? aye right.

I actually thought we started the game quite well. We went at them straight from the kick off and were playing some nice football. But as soon as Livi scored the players were beaten. What did Jackie actually say to the players at half time? He either said nothing at all, or (more likely) the players just didn't listen to him. He is not a commanding presence, players need to fear the manager to a certain extent, and the players know that they will never get a rough time from the 2 "nice guys" in charge.

No commitment, no desire, no appetite for the game.

How many boots up the arse does this team need? QOS, Berwick, Culter. It should only have taken ONE of these performance to shock the players into action, but it hasn't happened.

We may end up somewhere between 4th and 6th this season, but make no mistake, it has been a bad season and it could get worse.

I can accept players not being good enough, but that's not the problem here. There are players in the current team who have obvious ability but are just not putting the effort in.

If what Jackie says is true about his half time team talk, then it would seem he has lost the dressing room and his job is all but worthless.

Go along with that.

I actually think we played our best football this season at Almondvale, the 1-2 defeat back in September. We took nothing from that game but at least we could feel a youngish team could only improve. Certainly I doubt even the most pessimistic amongst us could've predicted how absolutely shit we'd be on our next visit.

Only six of the players who started in that game started yesterday. Too much switching around by the manager? Tempting to think so, but then he persevered for over 2 months with Doolan and Elliott though neither of them scored. They still aren't.

Dire dire game. I agree with some of the points mentioned, especially the one about building a team around the defence. This tippy-tappy-fart-around-until-the-opposition-score routine is rubbish. I'm not prepared to take McNamara keeping his hands in his pockets during that fiasco, he didn't even react much after we scored. Not good enough. We need some older harder players to kick some butt in the dressing room.