Engerlund World Cup

Tam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol:

As far as I'm aware they have to beat Slovenia to go through. On this form no way!!!

Again :lol::lol::lol:

Or a high scoring :lol: draw with the other two drawing 0-0.

I think the English fans and media have delusions of grandeur. i) They weren't that bad. ii)Algeria are no mugs. iii) The U.S.A might be a lesser team but have determination in spades.

Massive LOLs, but the paroxysm of despair down south is somewhat understandable... that performance was so poor you'd be fecked off with it at Firhill.

David James' comments afterwards spoke volumes; not only does it point to some serious discontent with the manager, this whole 'name the team five minutes before getting on the team bus' is really being shown to be a nonsense. I wonder if Crapello did the same thing during the qualifiers.

William Hill's odds: England 2/5 to beat Slovenia, with 6/1 to lose.... worth a flutter?

Edited by Craig-W

Typically they will probably scrape through second and still avoid Germany in the last 16.

Quite why Joe Cole hasn't had a game is beyond me.

Liked Jurgen Klinsman's comments today, that Gerrard, Lampard etc need to stop complaining about where they are being asked to play and just get on with it and give everything to make it their moment coz its the World cup and a chance for greatness.

Oh and I see Rooney has issued his 'apology' , how dare the people who spend months saving to go all that way to support the team voice their discontent when the overpaid pampered so called supersars fail to perform.

Only thing I'm jealous of when it comes to England is their media.

They absolutely do my head in, but if the Scottish Media bigged up the Scottish League, clubs and players the way their english counterparts do then wed attract much more companies and TV demand, that leads to more money, which in turn leads to more talent.

I mean what TV company, sponsor or investor is gona be tempted when all we hear is, its poor, its dreadful, its not entertaining, its corrupted by squabling between various administration bodies, its clouded by sectarianism, etc etc,

We all know its not the best standard but constantly putting it down does nothing to improve it, and the much lauded enlish top flight wasn't realy seen that way till Sky marketed it as such.

Even when its blue square games and things like that which arent the best standard either, they concentrate on the guys who have performed well, and even if its a relly bad game then the positives of its community impact and things like that.

We could do with some of that

Other than that not jealous at all, weve even got a better keeper than them

I lived in Peterboro for 12 years, parents are from Posil and Port Dundas so i consider myself an adoped scot. but I would say that the media coverage this world cup has been nothing compared to others (maybe becoz they are so awful),i HATE england because of the media and supporters there but theres no way they are going past the quarters. No doubt about it.

Absolutely feckin magnificent. You couldn't script it. Whatever the opposite of 'group of death' is, they're in it, yet they're 100% pants. Up there with the top earners in the competition, player for player, you'd get the (meeja driven) impression that it's a simple matter of turning up to win it. Looking at things thus far, they're on a par with Easter Island or the Scilly Isles.

This, to me, has been well worth waiting for. Ha ha ha. Whether they slime through or not it's been worth every second of their doomed campaign if only to witness the recent, virtual deletion of the '66' pish.

The USA's comeback against Slovenia, interestingly, now requires our neighbours to NEED a first win. (stifled guffaw).

Jealousy is rife on this forum.

It sure is, i'm jealous as feck that New Zealand got there, i'm jealous that Korea DPR got there, i'm jealous Serbia got there, I could go on and on and on but I do not wish any of them any bad luck in the tournament whatsoever.

My better half is English born and bred so I can't claim to hate the English , I don't like John Terry much and I think Rooney is a bit of moaning git but I quite like Gerrard and Heskey and indifferent about most others so I can't claim to hate the England team either, with the quality they have in their ranks I kinda 90+% expected them to be there so I think I can rule out jealousy in the same way I don't feel jealous that Argentina,or Italy or Spain are there.

I can tell you this though, i'm supporting A.B.E , I will cheer and relish every mistake they make and every goal their opponents score, it's brilliant fun , you should see my living room during their games with the missus cheering them on in one corner and me in the other.

Jealousy? What alot of rubbish

Come on Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you this though, i'm supporting A.C.B.E , I will cheer and relish every mistake they make and every goal their opponents score, it's brilliant fun , you should see my living room during their games with the missus cheering them on in one corner and me in the other.

Jealousy? What alot of rubbish

Come on Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for this wee pedantic piece of tyding up, HS. :thumbsup2:

The sad truth however is that England will qualify for the second stage, in second place they will meet the winners of Germany's group which could be Slovakia, with the luck these guys get at the World Cup they will win tht and hey presto its quarter finals. No team has really impressed so far, with the possible exception of Argentina, mind you on performances only New Zeland have been worse!