So

thornwoodjag

Hmm, Ayr climb out of the play-off spot and nearer us with their second consecutive victory. And Raith Rovers too have won their last two games.....

You'd need to be crazy to think we'll beat Falkirk on Saturday....Raith could/should win against QoS......

Getting interesting!

We are only 6 points ahead of Raith in the playoff spot.

Are we safe yet?

I'm not so sure.

Should be. Strong enough at home, and some shite teams below us.

We need Doolan however to make sure. The other strikers are collectively pish.

The OP asks a valid question and tho' I don't think we'll be drawn into a bottom of the table dog fight we definitely need to pick up a few points sooner rather than later. I say sooner because I don't feel we've the type of player that could handle the pressure at the bottom of the table.

What I do know is we're lying fourth in the league and there's no way in a decent league system should a fourth placed club be fearing relegation with only ten games remaining. Larger leagues would help the likes of us if we were fourth with no promotion chance play youth or younger players at this time of the year. Either that or we could still be fighting for a promotional play off place. No way should a team fourth, fifth or sixth three quarters thru a season be worried about relegation.

I really detest these stupid repetitive leagues.

We prob need 3 wins to stay out of any relgation issues. I hope we can do enough with the home games and pick up something from QOTS and Ayr away and we "should" be ok. 4th place should still be our aim just in case any league reconstruction happens when/if the h*ns go bust.

**** knows tbh as it will depends on Doolan staying fit as he looks like our only goal threat at the moment.

Just want this season to end, will be interesting to see what changes Jackie Mac makes for next year as its obvious to everyone the team needs some major work if we want to improve.

Is Christie Elliott under contract for next season? If not, then he has no more than a handful of games left to show that he deserves a new deal. Same for Stewart. And probably a few others.

Elliot is under contract for next season. Stewarts is up in May. For me Stewart would need to socre in every game from now till the end of the season to be even considered a new contract. Two or three goals from him between now and the end of season would not be anywhere near enough and would indicate perhaps he was just trying harder because his contract is up.

Elliot maybe under contract but that hasnt stopped us getting rid of players who were not good enough eg Corcoran and Grehan were released and they still had a year left, so Elliot has to up his scoring record considerably before being considered.

I would add Kieran Burns to that as well, his contract is up in May and he needs to start scoring for fun. On present form. He hasnt been given the same number of games as the other two but he still hasnt scored for the first team yet and time is fast running out.

Sadlly in my own opinion I cant see Elliot, Burns or Stewart in any way being able to help us put iin a challenge next season.