So

thornwoodjag

we are a point further away from the play off place,happy with that.

missed a pen and couldnt score against a team who had ten men for how long,30-35 mins.disappointing.

How can you be disappointed. You think we are awful, so how can the result today possibly disappoint you ? You stated last week that you expected us to be 3 points off the play off spot. We're 7 and have a far superior goal difference so it's as good as 8 points. You thought we'd get "humped" today. We didn't. I wouldn't be disappointed mate, I'd be admitting I was wrong !

:P

How can you be disappointed. You think we are awful, so how can the result today possibly disappoint you ? You stated last week that you expected us to be 3 points off the play off spot. We're 7 and have a far superior goal difference so it's as good as 8 points. You thought we'd get "humped" today. We didn't. I wouldn't be disappointed mate, I'd be admitting I was wrong !

:P

He's said he's happy with a point but disappointed to only draw with ten men. Can you say you're completely happy when there was a very decent chance of a win? I'm satisfied but still disappointed.

Guys me n Thornwoodjag know each other a bit and I was just winding him up. Kinda thought the smiley face on my thread would have made you realise that.

Regards the game, I'd have been more upset if we hadn't created anything against the ten men. It's not a forgone certainty that you will score or beat ten men. A lot of the time in fact the ten men can win the game. We appear to have created plenty of chances so all in all, no i'm not disappointed. Wish we had won though.

Some superb goalkeeping and lack of luck stopped us getting 3 points, some excellent football from both sides, their number 5 is some player as is their number 8. We played well today in an enjoyable game.

Edited by Gordie

• Members

Some superb goalkeeping and lack of luck stopped us getting 3 points, some excellent football from both sides, their number 5 is some player as is their number 8. We played well today in an enjoyable game.

Number 5, Murray Wallace? Is that the guy they sold during the window?

Good performance today , thought JM got his tactics spot on and Archie marked El-Alagui out the game for most of it. Wish we would learn to hit the ball harder towards goal , both Archie and Elliott guilty of powder puff shots straight at the keeper. 3 top quality saves from McGovern though got Falkirk a point.

Collum was horrendous , how he is still refereeing any games in beyond me. Never a sending off and I dont think it was a penalty to us either.

Need to play like that next week down at QOTS though as its an inportant game we need to win.

I'd have taken the point had you offered it before the game though like others have said, their keeper the main reason we didn't get all 3pts after they were down to 10!

Aside from midweek up in Dingwall, we've picked up again last cpl weeks though I think that's the way this league is. Everyone, with exception of Ross Co, seems to have their peaks and troughs!

We can go a long way to pulling ourselves right away from the play off/bottom scrap with a win at Palmerston next week though with what i've seen over past couple weeks definitely more optimistic we'll be well out of it.

Imo of the teams that aren't in the bottom 2 at the moment I reckon Ayr could get sucked back and Morton are gone- though that might change if Alan Moore goes (whispers in the pub).

Edited by Trotter

I think that's the youngster, Wallace. Can't say I noticed how he played in the first half but he was superb in the second. I'm sure we'd have settled for a point before the kick off but with 1 pt being no use to Falkirk they pushed on and so I feel we should really have forced the winner. That said Doolan's header, Sinclair's shot that hit the bar and of course Cairney's penalty all went against us. I agree for the most part the football was very good.

As an aside I thought O'Donnell's run forward in the play leading up to Duffy's sending off was the fastest I've seen a Jags player run with a ball since, well, I don't know when. And as another aside, Willie Collum is an incredible referee. Absolutely incredible!

If we were 9 points behind the leaders we would be saying we are still in the title race, ergo does being 9 points from bottom still mean we are in a relegation battle? :thinking:

We would be in a relegation battle, but I think with the number of teams below us it is unlikely that all of them or all but one overtake us.

It's a game we should have won, and could have won with some more clinical finishing, a bit of luck, and a less inspired performance from their keeper.

However, we "should have won" only because the terrible referee gave us a huge break. Why he thought that was a straight red card is a total mystery. I wasn't even convinced that we should have had a penalty either; it'll be interesting to see it again on video.

Shame we couldn't beat 10 men. Actually, it it had been us with 10 men against Ross County, Dundee or Falkirk, I'd bet a lot of money that any of those teams would have won. But that's why they're the top 3 teams, and we're in with all the rest.

Some good football by both teams at times, both clearly trying to play it along the ground. Some great running off the ball by Falkirk at times, and some nice fast one-twos by us.

This has nothing realy to do with the game yesterday, but i'm always confident that we can pick up points when we go to the Falkirk Stadium - the pitch there is always in pretty good nick (when its not frozen) and seems to suit our style of play.

For me, it'll be interesting to see how not having the rugby and Firhill next year will affect our pitch - if we can keep it flat and green I think we'll do alright. A lot does depend on personel and improving our away form, but I thought i'd be first to optimistically look forward to next season!

This has nothing realy to do with the game yesterday, but i'm always confident that we can pick up points when we go to the Falkirk Stadium - the pitch there is always in pretty good nick (when its not frozen) and seems to suit our style of play.

For me, it'll be interesting to see how not having the rugby and Firhill next year will affect our pitch - if we can keep it flat and green I think we'll do alright. A lot does depend on personel and improving our away form, but I thought i'd be first to optimistically look forward to next season!

From what i hear Clyde are going to be sharing with us next season before moving to East Kilbride the following season